4.5 out of 5 stars1,438

Needing a support for a Sky+ HD box, we choose this after some research and are happy we did. Yes, the overall dimensions of the Sky+ box are slightly greater in width (a few mm each side) and our box projects some 3cm to the front but all feet are on the glass shelf and it is quite secure.

The shelf is secured to the single piece support arms by a single screw at the back and the support arm is itself fixed to the back plate by two screws. It appears robust enough and the finish is good .we have actually fixed ours to a timber stud plasterboard faced wall using Rawlplug plasterboard anchor bolts.

The one drawback is that there is no central cable passage with cables having to use slot on either side that mean you either have to modify the two plastic end caps to suit or leave them off altogether. We did the latter and to ve honest, the appearance has not suffered.

A very reasonable price only adds to the attraction if this excellent shelf unit. Recommended.
review image review image review image
on 2 September 2012
Some of the reviews weren't favourable for this product but I have found it really smart, really easy to put up and the instructions are simple and easy to follow - although it is very straight forward to work out where everything goes!! No problems assembling and has accommodated an xbox without a wobble!
on 20 January 2015
Highly recommend
on 11 April 2016
VonHaus 2x Black Floating Shelf with Strengthened Tempered Glass for DVD Players/Cable Boxes/Games Consoles/TV Accessories

Great glossy packaging, opened the box to find solid product, I read all the instructions first... I attached it to the wall fitted the first shelf, placed the Sky+ box on the bottom shelf and the weight pulled the upper screws out of the wall ! ! !
Here is the problems with this ****
1).Size 8 screws and 10.5mm wall plugs, never going to work, but you can buy the right size plugs re-drill your wall and try again.

2). the upright central piece the shelves fit onto is held on to the wall with 4 size 8 screws, 50mm long! All in one straight line from top to bottom, this means that if you knock the side of the shelf it will swing and (I'm guessing) will eventually will loosen the screws.

The manual does say that you should check it is fitted to the wall correctly once a month! So for the life of this unit (poss. 5 years) you have to check it is secure every single month! I am pleased that my life is not so dull that I would remember to do this on a monthly schedule, I really wish I could be bothered to go through the returns, If this was packaged with the right sized accessories, if the four holes are placed in two rows instead of one, this would be worthy of 5 stars, the best I can say is DO NOT waste your time or money, This is a bad investment and potentially damaging to your electronic devices. - If only I could give half a star I would -
on 2 October 2015
I looked at several different shelving units and read hundreds of reviews before plumping for this one. It's a very good item. You will need two people atleast to assemble and hang on the wall. Looks very nice when up (see pic). One helpful note is when joining the rods together don't tighten them up until you have all the pieces of shelf together. You'll see what I mean when you assemble :-)
on 17 December 2014
I fitted it four days ago, it was straight forward to put up but one of the shelves (ended up being the top one) wouldn't sit level. I had to use some of the packaging to level it - not quite what I was expecting
on 13 July 2012
Bought this for my slimline ps3 and slim 360 as they're both all black too and it's a real slick-looking set up, very smooth. The finish on the shelves is high quality and set up was easy and fairly straightforward, cable management system keeps things nice and tidy! Top class!
on 22 August 2012
quality glass shelf, easy to install and hide cables, and looks neat.

one shelf for sky box, one shelf for a ps3.
on 17 April 2012
The wall stand is as described. The quality is fine but I have scored it 4 stars as the shelves could be a little deeper as the audio system overlaps the front. This is because you have to leave a couple of centimetres for the wires at the back. Otherwise excellent value for money and would recommend purchase. Oh and it is easy to assemble.
on 20 July 2013
Very difficult to fit wires in, thick wires it is impossible so am very disappointed, but the overall look of the glass shelves is nice shame about wires