4.0 out of 5 stars Different, and attractive
As long as you don`t make the same mis-steps I did with installation, I think you will find Samsung have made a very viable and attractive alternative to anything Apple have produced.

Published on 25 Oct 2010 by Little Cat Voom

3.0 out of 5 stars Call me old fashioned, but.....
Whilst this has its plus points, which I will get to presently,the main thing you need to know about the TicToc is that there is no LCD display and it operates only on motion. This is an advantage if you can't read or if you like gimmicks and novelties, but a disadvantage if, like me, you like to scroll playlists and ponder.
You have to learn to use it, as its not...
Published on 25 Oct 2010 by sam155

3.0 out of 5 stars Call me old fashioned, but....., 25 Oct 2010
sam155 (Wales) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
You have to learn to use it, as its not straightforward, and you control the volume with shakes, and the tunes with clicks and shakes- which I am still getting wrong.

Downloading was OK, when I figured it out, but I haven't figured out how to make the voice work-yes, you get a verbal playlist instead of a readable one. If you shake this wrong, or the wrong number of times,it can be over sensitive and perform the wrong function. I just didn't feel in control.

Its not all bad news though, here are the plus points as promised:

Its attractive, small and light. You could wesr it around your neck (say, if cycling) or there is a belt clip to attach it to yout clothes/belt. It comes with spare headphone covers, which is a nice touch, and is about the same size as a packet of Rennies (showing my age there). There is a 4GB memory on it, but I was not tempted to fill it when I feel I can't access the right song I want in the first place.

To be honest, I think my 13 year old niece would love the novelty value of this, as I got quite frustrated with the "3 shakes to the left, two clicks, one click, one good shake" palaver. Just give me an LCD screen and a few nore buttons. I can cope with that!

4.0 out of 5 stars Different, and attractive, 25 Oct 2010
Little Cat Voom (The middle of England) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)

Simple things first - the 4gb capacity is enough to hold best part of 1000 songs. I also think it looks great - small, rectangular and pretty. I`m turning into a bit of a fan of Samsung (whereas in the past only Sony would do), as their products are good looking and they work properly too.

With regards to the installation, as long as you install "Kies" - the equivalent of itunes - and rip your songs to that, it`s pretty straightforward. You can move songs over one-by-one or by folder and the screens are all clear and there is help/tutorial available. I made some silly errors at this crucial first stage and tried to drag things over from Windows Media Player but that didn`t work - resulting in one of those horrible error messages, in this case "file not supported". A quick, reluctant consulting of the manual and things were up and running as they should be.

All operations such as skip, volume +/-, go back to last track etc., are done by the big and only button, the trick being getting used to where to hold it - horizontally for skip, "+" skyward for volume increase, "-" up for quieter...I think I`ll get used to it...it isn`t complicated, just a new way for me to operate an MP3 player. I like the bud-type earphones too, they`re almost like earplugs in that they really do block out surrounding noise - but magical ones that music comes out of ;)

All in all, another good Samsung product. The only downside would be that the controls have a bit of hit and miss feel about them, but time will probably cure that. As Larry David would say, "pretty, pretty good".

4.0 out of 5 stars Small and funky - great MP3 player for the younger market, 18 Nov 2010
Sinbad (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This has to be one of the smallest MP3 players around which is one of the good points. It's also pretty durable and looks quite funky, though seems to be aimed at kids. With that in mind it does the job; it's pretty simple to set up and use, the sound quality is good and the headphones are ok - though don't offer much bass.

Bad points? The one button control is a little fiddly at first. Different functions are accessed by pressing the button once, twice or thrice, or shaking the player, and also different functions can be accessed depending on whether the player is upside down, on its side, or the right way up.

One thing that isn't mentioned in the instructions is that you have to remove the player from its clear plastic case before you charge it.

Overall, if you're looking for well-priced stylish little MP3 player with basic functionality - this will do the job nicely. If you're looking for a manly, geek-pleasing gadget, this won't fit the bill.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good bit of kit, 27 Oct 2010
Sue (C.I.) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Samsung TicToc 2GB MP3 Player - Pink (Electronics)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I think I saw this on the gardget review on "Something for the Weekend" (Sunday morning show) and I have to admit I was intrigued by it - especially the shaking it to control songs etc.

I managed to fit on 17 CDs which isn't many - BUT a few are the compilations (eg 20 songs per CD) - and it is very easy to remove songs and add different songs. The software was also easy to install.

I agree that it is not as wearable as the iPod shuffle as it is not flat. The clip seems to hold its grip well and I've tried some (gentle) exercise which hasn't made it skip on at all.

The earphones that come with it seem a bit on the small side - and not as comfortable as others I've used, but then you can easily interchange with any other ear-headphones you might have already.

The charge seems to hold well (I'm confident it would last a long-ish haul flight , and all in all it compares very favourably with a Sony "walkman" USB stick style MP3 player I have (with the added bonus of having a clip)

Based on the size/capacity I wouldn't recommend this 2GB model if it was to be your only MP3 player - but for kids (or for sports if you don't want to use an expensive iPod) it is just the ticket.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for running!, 17 Mar 2012
I wanted an MP3 player that i could take running with me so obviously didn't want to pay to much, this little gadget is AMAZING! Does exactly what it says it can do. The sound quality is excellent although I do not use the headphones provided (I use sport headphones)although the head phones provided are great quality. Only thing to be careful with is if like me you want to use this for running/jogging be careful where you place it. The first time i used it, i clipped it onto my back pocket. BIG mistake!! It kept changing to different modes. I have since then clipped this to the front of my running tights and have had no problems. So all in all a great little gadget with a very strong clip excellent sound quality and not a bad price.
I SAY BUY IT YOU WON'T REGRET IT! :)

5.0 out of 5 stars small and mighty, 11 Feb 2012
I have been using this mp3 player for about a month.. I LOVE it.. I fell in love with it as soon as I saw it because it's so cute!
I was so delighted to see how simple it is to load your music on.. (no itunes or similar players needed)
fast and easy.
Battery life is incredibly good...
I use it everywhere.. on the bus, at the gym, at the library.. its size makes it so easy to carry around so it can be used everywhere..
strongly recommend it to anyone...

2.0 out of 5 stars Decent MP3 player, pointless controls, 22 Nov 2010
The Samsung TicToc is a stylish little MP3 player, about the size of an ipod shuffle (and with some of the same features - it makes up for its lack of display by telling you the names of the tracks and battery life left). My old style shuffle had packed up, so I thought I'd give this a go.

I use it for the gym (having a smartphone that provides me with music at other times), so I've not used it with the included headphones (I can't run and keep headphones in, so have some clip round the ear ones). The sound quality is fine in this context - it goes loud enough and with decent enough bass to keep music pumping along. Moving tracks onto the TicToc was fine - Samsung have sensibly avoided trying to make an iTunes beater, and just go for a simple interface, which got the job done - it took me about an hour or so to fill it with selected tracks from a variety of albums.

So far, so good. Now, the controls... I just can't help thinking of the end a sci-fi B-movie where they reflect on the terrible creature they've created and unleashed on the world "We spent so long working out whether we could, we never bothered to work out whether we should." In my opinion this applies here. My old ipod shuffle was, if anything, smaller than the TicToc. It had an on/off switch, play/pause, forward and back and volume control. It also, make note, had a "lock" function. Not tricky to pick up and use. The TicToc has, frankly, daft controls. Hold it this way and press the one button, volume up, the other way, volume down (this sort of made sense). Shake it once, skip a track; shake it three times, skip mode. What!? There's nothing intuitive in that. I know it's not difficult to get accustomed to, but I just can't understand why I'd want to. I've never thought "this player has too many buttons, I wish it had only one, but I had to wave it around like a deranged traffic cop to control it". /rant

However, by far the most annoying feature for someone who uses this in the gym is the lack of a lock function (that I can find, although maybe shaken five times whilst repeating "Candyman"...). Clipped to my shorts, it frequently blurts out the title of a track, or skips to the next one, as I move around.

So, in summary, a decent knock about MP3 player, let down by a pointless control system.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it! <3, 22 Mar 2011
I got the tic toc, because I was sick of my big heavy mp3 players, I never used the screen on my old one, and I thought it would be perfect. Its tiny and compact perfect for the handbag, clipped onto your jeans, or shoved in your pocket. :)
The sound quality is very nice, much better than I expected.
Button takes a while to remember which way you need it to go, but after a few mins, I had got used to it
It is aimed at the younger market, with the nice colour and shiney outer stars/dots casing, I think its lovely for an adult too.
Its a good price, and the docking base thing it comes with is fab! Wish a lot of others came with something like that too.
The little program installed on it, is easy to use, loading music is just plug, drag and play Easy as a,b,c. The headphones are ok, im not keen on in ear headphones but they sounded fine, till I went back to my nice ones.
Would recommend to anyone.

5.0 out of 5 stars Tictoc MP3 player, 15 Feb 2011
Mrs. El Friday (UK South east) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Samsung TicToc 2GB MP3 Player - Pink (Electronics)
Brought this for our little 4 year old and she love's it. she picked up the controls(which are fantasticly designed)in no time and the sound quality is amazing. What a brilliantly designed little MP3 player.

3.0 out of 5 stars OK, does what it says on the tin, 25 Oct 2010
Gareth Wilson - Falcata Times Blog "Falcata T... - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
To be honest its a pretty basic MP3 with earplugs that are standard when they really should be better quality for the price. The main use that I see for this mp3 is working out, its lightweight its easy to carry and all in will do what you need it to do. Other than that the only other problem is not knowing whats on it as theres no display to tell you which track your playing. A shame but theres always others out there and you might be better getting a different player at the end of the day.

ARRAY(0xad0468dc)