Format: DVD|Change

on 8 December 2010
Every episode in a beautifully packaged set with additional clips, outtakes and fun games in the extras on the first few DVDs. We've been watching Charlie and Lola on iPlayer and didn't realise how many episodes there actually were! For £18 I think this is a bargain and there is hours of fun and imagination. Our 3 year old daughter has learnt so much from these DVDs and we also enjoy watching them with her. This morning we made 'Bat Cat' and spent a few hours making up adventures inspired by Charlie and Lola's favourite superhero and this afternoon we picked up huge sycamore leaves to do leaf prints just like Lola and Lotta in the Autumn Special episode : ) So more than jut DVD's with a little imagination. Charlie and Lola are the bestest in the barn!
on 22 February 2011
Charlie and Lola can be admired in many ways. It is endlessly educational for children. Charlie and lola and friends are perfect role models for children with impeccable manners and moral values. In addition to all this it has endless humour and the photo collage animation is wonderful. As you may tell from this review it is loved by adults as well and children. Great value for money and the best children's programme for years capturing the many experiences children encounter growing up.
on 15 April 2012
I love Charlie & Lola! The show is charming, endearing, and FULL of imagination! This collection has every episode as well as some fun bonus material. My kids love finding the "hidden" extras and playing the games on each disc. The only complaint I have is that the first few discs (I forget just how many, 2-3) will get stuck between episodes when we have selected "Play All". We have to manually skip to the next episode. For some reason, this only happens on the first few discs as the rest will smoothly proceed to the next episode. If I were not always nearby when my kids watch these shows, this could be a major problem. However, I do like to always be close and so pressing a button between episodes doesn't bother me much. In fact, it helps keep them from zoning out too much with the TV. Like I said, not much of a problem for us, but it is still a bit of a deviation from what it is supposed to do, so that is why I only give it 4 stars.
on 19 July 2011
Not much to add to other reviews, other than to confirm this is a lovely, well-priced set. The material is great (it was bought for a 3-year old). Each episode presents a little something to learn in an engaging, inoffensive format.

It's worth mentioning that the box set itself. It's rather large, due to the number of DVDs, but at least that means taht each DVD has it's own plastic tray. However these seem to be just all taped together, so I'm not sure about the durability of the packaging once it gets into the hands of little ones.

The menus took me a little while to figure out. There's a verbal explanation - and a symbol - indicating what each button does, rather than any words. (Of course, my little one picked up on this immediately, whereas I didn't! :)

All in all, a good set of wonderful programming and better value-for-money than buying them separately.
on 29 May 2016
Who wouldn't love the complete set of Charlie and Lola? My daughter loves Charlie and Lola and has really enjoyed watching these DVDs. Helpfully each disc has a different picture printed on it which meant she was able to identify which disc she wanted even at pre-reading stage.

There is a full list of what is on each disc inside the flap of the DVD holder. Each disc offers the choice of watching all the episodes or for you to select specific ones. Navigation is by symbol rather than writing so again accessible and easy to use for all.

This is really a good DVD set to own and works well if you use it alongside the Charlie and Lola books too.
on 14 February 2016
Beautifully written and illustrated cartoon for children. My grandchild loves the antics of the assertive and mischievous Lola and the peace-making of her older brother Charlie. Entertaining and amusing for adults too.
on 11 March 2014
I have so many children's DVD's as I have 4 Grandchildren from the age of 2 - 8 and they have all loved and still do love Charlie and Lola, it uses imagination which is a important part of growing up and I love the fact that they don't live in a big posh house with acres of garden, they live in a flat and are very ordinary down to earth children; The stories are wonderful and characters so lovable. My three year old Granddaughter is so into them now. It is good to have so many of Charlie and Lola DVD's and the price was good too! Delivery was good and packaged well.
on 26 July 2014
Absolutely brilliant for small tots. Lovely stories my two year old grand daughter loves Charlie and Lola. I notice they are not around as much anymore whereas when my older grand children were small they were incredibly popular, lovely gentle stories and I would very highly recommend
on 26 September 2013
This is a must have for all Charlie and Lola fans! Each DVD has games and extra material as well as the ability to choose specIfic episodes if you want. All instructions are given clearly for children to understand so they can choose what they want to do. Extremely well priced and would recommend to all, one of the best things we have bought this year!
on 5 November 2014
My kids love this box set, has to be one of the best children's shows out there, so beautifully put together and informative. My toddler has learnt so much from watching these shows, and for the price, what a bargain!