5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely and completely excllent, 8 Dec. 2010
cj (London, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Charlie and Lola - The Absolutely Complete Collection [DVD] (DVD)
Every episode in a beautifully packaged set with additional clips, outtakes and fun games in the extras on the first few DVDs. We've been watching Charlie and Lola on iPlayer and didn't realise how many episodes there actually were! For £18 I think this is a bargain and there is hours of fun and imagination. Our 3 year old daughter has learnt so much from these DVDs and we also enjoy watching them with her. This morning we made 'Bat Cat' and spent a few hours making up adventures inspired by Charlie and Lola's favourite superhero and this afternoon we picked up huge sycamore leaves to do leaf prints just like Lola and Lotta in the Autumn Special episode : ) So more than jut DVD's with a little imagination. Charlie and Lola are the bestest in the barn!

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best DVDs for Children, 22 Feb. 2011
Charlie and Lola can be admired in many ways. It is endlessly educational for children. Charlie and lola and friends are perfect role models for children with impeccable manners and moral values. In addition to all this it has endless humour and the photo collage animation is wonderful. As you may tell from this review it is loved by adults as well and children. Great value for money and the best children's programme for years capturing the many experiences children encounter growing up.

5.0 out of 5 stars The best thing ever ever, 28 Mar. 2011
My little girl (aged 2) loves charlie & lola and for some reason my tv kept recording it (as instructed) but missed recording the last minute or so!! so frustrating - then i saw this (80 episodes - more than we have ever knew had been made) so had to buy it. Such good value, the characters are wonderful - teaches the viewer lots about sharing, tolerance, fun, play, life, etc etc - we were big fans anyway, but now we are totally completely everso much fans. Thank you Amazon.

5.0 out of 5 stars too charming, and my daughter can't get enough, 29 Mar. 2011
My daughter (nearly 2) never tires of watching Charlie & Lola or having the books read to her. And whilst some other kids' shows can be a challenge to sit through at times with their appeal to toddlers' love of repetition and routine (Teletubbies anyone?), Lola's innocent wit and logic never grows old and always brings a smile to my face, whilst her brother is a great example for siblings everywhere. Just a wonderful set, never in doubt once I ordered it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 5 Jan. 2011
Charlie and Lola doesn't 'talk down' to children, there's no babyish language as such, but it still manages to be very appealing. Even though my grandson is only 2 years old he loves watching Charlie and Lola and I enjoy watching it with him. We'll no doubt watch and enjoy every single episode.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, great price!, 10 Feb. 2013
My daughter LOVES Charlie and Lola. As an American though, I find it hard to find Charlie and Lola stuff close to home. It's not even available on TV anywhere right now. It got to the point that my little 8 year old was begging for me to find episodes on Youtube for her to watch. So I was really excited to find this collection of all the episodes for this awesome price! The shipping to the states wasn't bad and the total cost was completely worth the look on my daughters face when she saw she now had any episode she wanted at her fingertips!

On another note the Charlie and Lola cartoons are one of my favorites for kids. I have a little girl and she has an older brother just like Lola does. I love that Charlie and Lola get along so well and Charlie is so good and sweet to his sister. It's SUCH a good example to my kids when there are so may shows out there that aren't. Most of the time younger siblings are portrayed as an annoyance. This show is a breath of fresh air. I recommend it to anyone with kids! It's quality writing, with cute and creative animations. I like it so much this is the first review I have ever written on Amazon and I shop with Amazon all the time so that tells you something about how I feel about it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Best set ever!, 15 April 2012
I love Charlie & Lola! The show is charming, endearing, and FULL of imagination! This collection has every episode as well as some fun bonus material. My kids love finding the "hidden" extras and playing the games on each disc. The only complaint I have is that the first few discs (I forget just how many, 2-3) will get stuck between episodes when we have selected "Play All". We have to manually skip to the next episode. For some reason, this only happens on the first few discs as the rest will smoothly proceed to the next episode. If I were not always nearby when my kids watch these shows, this could be a major problem. However, I do like to always be close and so pressing a button between episodes doesn't bother me much. In fact, it helps keep them from zoning out too much with the TV. Like I said, not much of a problem for us, but it is still a bit of a deviation from what it is supposed to do, so that is why I only give it 4 stars.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful Charlie and Lola complete DVD set, 19 July 2011
Not much to add to other reviews, other than to confirm this is a lovely, well-priced set. The material is great (it was bought for a 3-year old). Each episode presents a little something to learn in an engaging, inoffensive format.

It's worth mentioning that the box set itself. It's rather large, due to the number of DVDs, but at least that means taht each DVD has it's own plastic tray. However these seem to be just all taped together, so I'm not sure about the durability of the packaging once it gets into the hands of little ones.

The menus took me a little while to figure out. There's a verbal explanation - and a symbol - indicating what each button does, rather than any words. (Of course, my little one picked up on this immediately, whereas I didn't! :)

All in all, a good set of wonderful programming and better value-for-money than buying them separately.

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth every penny to hang out with Charlie and Lola. Probably worth more!, 7 Mar. 2013
My daughter has loved Charlie and Lola since before she could talk and she loves them still while chattering away madly now that she is Lola's age.

This collection is really complete. Not just an anthology of a few of the shows. It has ALL of them. And has small games, extras and things to do. Even interviews with the author.

The quality of the DVDs is great. Charlie and Lola represents good children's TV and showcases great children's behaviour. They are a family. They look out for and love each other. They make mistakes and learn from them. They have fun! Whoever watches the show has fun!

I love watching the shows as an adult and am glad my daughter and I can share something where we are both giggling together.

As I mentioned earlier, it was worth every penny and for the number of DVDs, I'd say it was cheap!

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, 26 May 2011
B. P. Zahl (Cambridge, England) - See all my reviews
We (my husband and I) love Charlie and Lola. The art is wonderful, the "lessons" are never heavy-handed and feel completely natural, and the best part is there is no artificial conflict between the siblings that they have to "work through". Instead, Charlie is just a great model of an older brother, and extremely sweet and helpful to his little sister Lola. We bought this for our 2.5 year old who has just welcomed a little sister home, and he has really taken to identifying with Charlie as a big brother, but also with Lola's imagination, questions, and sense of adventure. We are delighted by Charlie and Lola and would recommend this as a wonderful set of DVDs for all ages.