5.0 out of 5 stars Desireable protection
First off I disagree with some of the reviews on here and you should too. I bought this case for my HTC desire HD (AWESOME PHONE) and it wasn't tight at all; it fits the phone perfectly, not too tight so you have to use force and not too loose that the phone flies out.

Published on 17 Nov 2010 by Aaron C. Braund

1.0 out of 5 stars Great item but first cracks appeared after a couple of weeks
This item arrived very quickly, one day after I received HTC desire HD (great smartphone by the way). The device fits in this pouch very well, not too tight and not too loose. There is also a strap which you need to pull in order to slide the device out - great idea and works very well. Until this point - 5 stars.

However, this pouch is made from man-made...
Published on 16 Mar 2011 by Wonder man

5.0 out of 5 stars Desireable protection, 17 Nov 2010
This review is from: HTC Desire HD ACE Pouch PO S550 (Accessory)

The pull cord is a stroke of genius and allows quick access to features. I have seen a comment that says it doesn't have a hole for headphone.... turn it upside down? Then you can access both the mini usb and jack.

The inside is lined with an uber soft material that does no damage to the lens of the camera or screen. In short, a perfect case!

NOTE: I did have a gel case on the phone but I find these impractical: you have to first take of the case before you can access the battery, sim and memory card compartments. The material also grips the inside of the pocket so its a bit of a nightmare fishing it out; the leather of this case is smooth and glides out of the pocket effortlessly.

5.0 out of 5 stars It does what it says it does, 22 Nov 2010
This review is from: HTC Desire HD ACE Pouch PO S550 (Accessory)
My phone is an HTC Desire HD and it fits. The build quality seems absolutely fine. Delivered the next working day. It has to be 5 stars because of what you get for the price.

Put the top of the phone in first. It protects the on off switch, you don't turn it on as you slide it in and you have full access to the headphone socket and usb port.

If you think about it a pouch with a ribbon pull like this couldn't be open the other end as the ribbon loops over the middle of the phone which is where the headphone jack is.

5.0 out of 5 stars Top quality leather pouch!, 22 Dec 2010
This review is from: HTC Desire HD ACE Pouch PO S550 (Accessory)
The original top quality leather pouch for your HTC Desire HD. With a nifty pull cord to lift the phone out enough to grab it. Protects the phone fully. Great product.

1.0 out of 5 stars Great item but first cracks appeared after a couple of weeks, 16 Mar 2011
This review is from: HTC Desire HD ACE Pouch PO S550 (Accessory)

However, this pouch is made from man-made leather and not genuine one as someone suggested. This is fine and as expected at this price. However, after 2 weeks of using it the first cracks in corners appeared. And this pouch spends 5-6 days a week on my desk unused since I work from home!! will be returning it shortly.

Taking into account this fact - although it ticks all other boxes - I must rate it as 1 star and warn other buyers.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect and does the job, 1 Dec 2010
This review is from: HTC Desire HD ACE Pouch PO S550 (Accessory)
What can I say? Looks good, feels good and protect expensive phone. Small price to pay if you consider what it does. Handy tape to slide your phone out. My only concern is how long that tape will last, but for now I am really happy with the product. It has HTC logo on it and it looks like official product. It also look like made of leather, but is not, but it doesn't matter for me. Another thing I like about it is soft interior, which cleans screen when you slide it in and out, which is always good if you have smudges from your fingers on touchscreen phone.

4.0 out of 5 stars Useful, but not a perfect fit after lots of usage, 25 Mar 2011
T. Benjamin (London, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: HTC Desire HD ACE Pouch PO S550 (Accessory)
I got a HTC Desire HD from Vodafone but it didn't come with any kind of sleeve or case - and the gigantic screen looked a bit vulnerable to scratching or worse, so I bought one of these.

It's quite a swish sleeve/pouch, nice leather smell (for a few weeks anyway) and the ribbon pull-tab is neat and works well. The inside is some sort of lint-free velvet material that you don't mind rubbing against your nice HD screen, though it doesn't actually perform any sort of cleaning function - you want a glasses cleaning cloth for that.

When I first bought this, it was a good snug fit for my HD. However after a few months of usage it's not quite such a snug fit and my phone has fallen out once or twice recently, and has some superficial damage to one corner as a result. It would be a good addition if there was some kind of velcro tab at the top to "lock" the device into the pouch to prevent it slipping out (which it will do quite easily after you've used it for a while).

Other than that, it's a handy and elegant product, good value for money, and I would recommend it (but not really if you want maximum protection for your HD, or if like me you can be a bit clumsy!)

4.0 out of 5 stars HTC Desire HD ACE Pouch PO S550, 21 Feb 2011
This review is from: HTC Desire HD ACE Pouch PO S550 (Accessory)
Very useful handset case, not too tight and not too loose to let slip your handset accidentally. Would have been brilliant if there was a choice of real leather version and in different colours as I wouldn't mine paying more for it.

1.0 out of 5 stars HTC Dessire HD case, 14 Jan 2011
This review is from: HTC Desire HD ACE Pouch PO S550 (Accessory)
Disappointed with this. The HTC Desire HD is too big for this pouch. You can manage to slide the phone halfway in the pouch but when you pull the phone out the bottom sim cover gets left behind.

5.0 out of 5 stars Does exactly what it says on the tin...., 2 Dec 2010
This review is from: HTC Desire HD ACE Pouch PO S550 (Accessory)
I brought this item the other day and arrived within 2 days - Good start!

Then I put my lovely Desire HD into the pouch...first time! No wacking it in with a hammer as I had feared after reading some reviews. Phew! And then the pull tab did exactly what it was meant to - I pulled it, the phone popped out! Success! No need to get a crowbar to lever my phone out of his snug leathery home.

But then the happiness was ruined when I came to charge up my phone. How on Earth was the connector going to penetrate through the few millimetres of leather? This was only an issue that the greatest minds in the world were going to be able to solve after spending billions of pounds of Governments' money.

However, I breathed a sigh of relief when I read a few more of the reviews on this item. The answer that had eluded me and had meant I was seriously contemplating seeking a refund was answered (Whether those reviewers had the help of those billions of pounds will never be known).

I used the pull tab to get my phone out and then with a simple 180 degree turn of my phone, the connection point was now revealed! I could charge my phone up whilst it was IN the case!

Thank you so much people! I can now enjoy my phone and its thirst for electricity!

4.0 out of 5 stars Seems like a nice alternative to a rubber case or screen protector/stick on protectors, 29 Mar 2011
B. King (Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: HTC Desire HD ACE Pouch PO S550 (Accessory)
The man-made leather is of decent quality. Dropped the phone once (phone in top pocket in jacket, fell out when bent down) and it stayed in the case. Fits fine, snug, and the simple pull tab mechanism works marvelously. Just a little untidy when you have the phone out and you have this long bit of white ribbon hanging down the back of your black case. I do find that I miss my old phones cover which was a microfibre style pouch for the HTC Touch HD, which doubled as a screen wipe. The soft lining of the S550 pouch doesn't quite wipe the phones screen clear of fingerprints when pulling the phone out of it, so might end up keeping a small microfibre cloth in another pocket.
Also nice to have an easy to remove case for mounting in the HTC Desire HD car kit which wouldn't hold the phone if it was in a rubberized casing.

ARRAY(0xae25c51c)