5.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable alternative to original Canon strap
Published on 22 July 2011 by Dr. T. M. Wakeley

3.0 out of 5 stars Under 5'10? Not for you!
Published 6 months ago by BIG 'D'

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable alternative to original Canon strap, 22 July 2011
Dr. T. M. Wakeley (England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Crumpler Singapore Sling DSLR Camera Strap, Cannon, Sony, Nikon - Black/Dark Nickel (Accessory)
After a few uncomfortable days spent with my Canon 5D MkII plus 24-105 L lens draped around my neck on its original strap I got a Singapore Sling and it has transformed things for me. The improvement in comfort when carrying my heavy camera is quite remarkable; the strap is padded where it needs it most (around the neck), it is longer than the Canon strap and its length is quickly adjustable which makes it more versatile. It's nice to be able to remove it quickly (a couple of quick release clips) when working with a tripod too. I thought it was a little pricey - after all it's just a strap - but its value has become more apparent the more I have used it, and viable alternatives seemed even more expensive. I recommend it, especially if you own a heavy camera.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant: a comfortable carry, 13 Nov 2011
C. Hawkes "Livefats" (Lancashire) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
Having just bought a Canon 7D, and not wanting the blaze of advertising that is the supplied red Canon strap, after some research I plumped for this Crumpler sling. No regrets at all: well made, very adjustable: and most importantly, VERY comfortable. My 7D with the Canon 400L 5.6 is no lightweight, but there is enough give in this strap to make the carry all-day easy without bouncing (a problem I've had with other neoprene slings.) There is also a handy little pouch for CF and SD cards: a very tight fit for CF card in case, but of course that makes it secure too.

Recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth the money, 16 Sep 2011
Great strap, quick to adjust not the cheapest, but great quality. Find the spring loaded buckles excellent to adjust one handed even with gloves on. Camera does not slide around grips keep it out of the way.

3.0 out of 5 stars Under 5'10? Not for you!, 9 Jan 2014
As the product is now discontinued a review seems to have little value but... As other reviews have stated this strap is long..very long! Suits me, I'm tall. Shorter users might end up with their equipment dangling arount their dangling equipment! Throw the memory card storage away, thats about as much use as an ashtray on a motorbike! The padding is comfortable but quite bulky. A well made strap. Great if you're tall and your equipment case has a bit of spare space to accomodate its bulk.

3.0 out of 5 stars Too Bulky, 13 Nov 2013
P. Bull - See all my reviews
Good quality, very comfortable as a sling but I found it too bulky when used around the neck and a definite pain in the posterior when trying to store camera. Now using a holster style case with no strap on camera at all (think tank holster 10, highly recommended).

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent value strap!, 25 April 2013
A. Turner "STFU" (GREAT Britain) - See all my reviews
The quality of this strap for the price is amazing - very well built with plenty of padding around the neck without it being too bulky where it wont fit in your bag. By far the best thing is just how easy it is to adjust - just open up the latch and then lower it up or down to shorten or lengthen it. It can be worn around the neck or if you lengthen it around the shoulder like a sling. Much better than the overpriced black rapid straps.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product., 15 April 2011
Excellent strap,very good indeed.would recommend to anyone with a heavy dlsr like my canon 5d mark2 with a l lens.can be worn over the shoulder with easy adjustment.delivered fast.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best strap I found, 24 May 2011
I looked at LumaLoops, Black Rapids, Optechs, etc but went for this. Easily adjusted length, quick and secure. Worn across the body you get the benefits of a Black Rapid/LumaLoop and a conventional strap combined.

Much better than standard straps.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent so far..., 8 July 2013
The only review that gave me cause for concern when I was researching this product, was one which claimed the strap was too long and that even being around 5'6 in height, this strap left the camera dangling too low around the buyer's body. All I can say is, I'm 5'7 and it fits perfectly out of the box. I wear it over one shoulder and is a great fit. One thing I would ask Crumpler to add would be a couple of velcro safety straps to link through the quick release clasps and back on themselves, just as an added failsafe. The original Canon straps that come with the damera are all one piece and don't have the quick release clasps, but with a couple of thousand pounds worth of camera hanging from these two quick release clasps, I can't help think that I'd like a failsafe for the clasps if they were to snap or break etc. Anyway, it's an easy fix - just one Crumpler should build into the product. Otherwise, works well and offers good support. Took it on an intensive trip to Istanbul recently and was very happy.

5.0 out of 5 stars works just fine!, 18 Jun 2013
Paul Prescott - See all my reviews
It's a very practical sling. I chose this over a black rapid in the end....
I'm a professional user and I've had all kinds of straps and slings etc over the years. I use a billingham shoulder bag which means that I usually wear the camera around my neck and work from the bag off my shoulder. This strap is easily adjustable using the two quick adjust clips so I can quickly swap from my neck to a cross body position in seconds. This is SOOOO useful and versatile! The strap is grippy enough when over one shoulder and very comfortable around the neck. The plastic clips are strong and secure but I always add a velcro strap to quick detach clips in case they suddenly fail. Yet to have that happen to be fair but better to be paranoid with four grands worth of gear isn't it?!
The strap itself is quite long even when fully shortened but not freakishly long. I'm six feet and pretty well built and it goes around my chest and across my body to hang at hip level when fully extended so plenty of room for you if you're a bigger person. All in all its the comfiest strap and the most practical I've owned. I don't like the black rapid design as cameras weren't designed to be hung from a tripod bush despite what people say, and the black rapids are a one trick pony. This strap still allows verrry fast movement and also can be used as a neck strap as well. I like it. Cheers folks!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›