5.0 out of 5 stars Good helmet light
Lots of other people have said good things about this light. So I will just add something that I don't think anyone else has mentioned - that this is a great helmet light.

The light turns on the strap, so can be pointed in any direction. So, with the elastic strap, it can be attached to all sorts of things, so works extremely well as a helmet light...
Published on 10 April 2013 by Rob

2.0 out of 5 stars If only it were waaterproof
Nice and lightweight. The four light modes cover all the possible needs I have, as a commuter cycling along reasonably well lit roads and cycle paths. I like the rechargeable feature vs batteries. However... it stopped working after about 3 months. It was the first heavy rain cycle (25 mins) and the light then stopped working for the commute back home. Great shame.
Published 3 months ago by PK

5.0 out of 5 stars Good helmet light, 10 April 2013
This review is from: Moon GEM 2.0 Front Light (Sports)

I've not used the Topeak Headlux Helmet Light - - but I have always been a bit put off by the fact that it looks like you have some sort of police light on the top of your head. This isn't really any smaller, but having it more on the side of the helmet, and not sticking out so much, just seems less silly than having the lights stuck on top.

I have this on the side/front and Gem 1.0 Rear Light on the other side, facing back.

5.0 out of 5 stars The light FANTASTIC!!, 28 Sept. 2011
This review is from: Moon GEM 2.0 Front Light (Sports)
I got a pair (front and rear) of these lights and was a bit dubious when they arrived because they're so small and light. Once I switched them on all doubts evaporated. They're REALLY BRIGHT! The fixing rubber straps are fantastic. You can attach these anywhere on the bike and they won't slip or fall off, even on bumpy terrain (a problem I've had 3 times now with click-lock lights). The light also rotates on the strap for fine angle adjustment. I have a lot of cables cluttering the handle bars on my bike, so it was great to be able to hang this upside down under the bars. I've tried these out in full darkness on a busy main road and they're just as bright and effective as any light I've had before, provided you're not travelling at great speed (they light about 18 feet in front of you, which isn't much breaking or maneuvering distance at high speed). They also stand up well to extremely wet conditions unlike some lights I've had before. They recharge by way of a small rubber flip-plug USB port at the rear.

If you're looking for bright, small, lightweight, water resistant rechargeable lights that won't slip or fall off, at a very good price, then I can't recommend these highly enough. If you plan to cycle at high speeds in complete darkness then you'll need something a lot brighter and a lot more expensive. Overall - excellent value for money.

5.0 out of 5 stars Much smaller than anticipated yet blindingly bright, 10 Jan. 2011
This review is from: Moon GEM 2.0 Front Light (Sports)
This is much smaller and compact than I initially anticipated, about the size of a small box of matches. Will snuggly fit to your bike with little intrusion. Three LED's are exceptionally bright and serve as a great commuting light within an urban environment - even though there is a high/low constant beam you would require something stronger for a rural setting. Charge time was quick with a handy indicator light. I was originally going to get the smaller one LED (1.0) version but for the couple of extra quid this is worth it. I'm chuffed to bits.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good light let down by USB cover, 22 Dec. 2013
This review is from: Moon GEM 2.0 Front Light (Sports)
I was really pleased with this light when I received it. I thought the USB cover didn't look very strong but this was not an issue at the time. However this did break off when I removed it for the 3rd battery charge. The light itself was good and bright with a low battery warning light and 4 modes. Item has been returned, which is a shame given the actual performance of the light for the price.

2.0 out of 5 stars If only it were waaterproof, 10 Jan. 2015
This review is from: Moon GEM 2.0 Front Light (Sports)

4.0 out of 5 stars Great solution for those who don't like batteries!, 7 Dec. 2010
This review is from: Moon GEM 2.0 Front Light (Sports)
I wanted to get a set of lights that did not require batteries as they always fail at the wrong time. With these lights I can simply charge them before riding and know that they will last the journey. They are light and very easy to fix onto the bike and are very bright too so will keep you safe.
Overall, very good purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars Small, versatile, 16 Jan. 2013
This review is from: Moon GEM 2.0 Front Light (Sports)
Surprisingly small yet bright. High beam and low beam seems similar to me, at least when cycling in the city. Battery indicator is really useful. Extremely versatile and bright for its size. Recommended for any cyclists especially if you are considering a main permanent light for your bike.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good., 23 Oct. 2014
This review is from: Moon GEM 2.0 Front Light (Sports)
Used these loads recently and keep their charge well - I am getting about 2-3 days use out of them on for about 2.5 hours each use/day before charging them. Cannot complain.

One thing I would say is these make you visible at night rather than providing light to light up your path on dark country lanes/roads.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lightweight and efficient commuter light, 1 Aug. 2012
This review is from: Moon GEM 2.0 Front Light (Sports)
I'm charging the lightweight Moon Gem for the first time in one month as I write this review! (I didn't realise it had been so long..) There are 4 settings - 2 different pulse speeds and constant with 2 brightness settings.

With frequent use on my commute and weekend rides this light is bright and lets other road users I'm there. I'm assuming with daily use of about 20 miles, I'd probably see a charge rate of once each week at most - but it's so simple to remove and charge whilst at my desk.

It's survived a lot of the UK rainy weather in the summer already, and is very light in weight with left/right swivel too. This replaces a terrible Halfords BikeHut Compact front light - which was heavier, took up more handlebar space, more expensive and not even waterproof!

Update: Now mounted onto my helmet whilst I use stronger lights for the incoming winter!

4.0 out of 5 stars Moon gem front light, 30 Nov. 2012
This review is from: Moon GEM 2.0 Front Light (Sports)
Received this item quickly from the company in one piece and well packaged.
This light is only to be used on my helmet as I use the lumotec cyo on the front as the main light. The reason for the helmet mounting is to try and stop the motons from pulling out at junctions, with this light on flashing mode I can direct the light at them and grab their attention.
The light has a reasonable amount of light, and certainly not the brightest battery on the market. It is very neat, lightweight and has a decent light time from fully charged.
Overall this is doing exactly wanted I wanted it to do, and is proving to be good at that job, I would def recommend as a back up light, helmet mounted as I have done although I would say its not the best as a main light.