on 16 February 2013
I did a lot of searching for the perfect bag. This holds a canon 5D III, 70-300 L zoom, 24-55 L, 100mm macro L, ring flash, extension rings, memory cards, batteries. It all fits in very well. It looks like a normal compact backpack so doesn't scream "expensive camera equipment" like some of the lowepros. Quick entry at the top for your camera works well. The main compartment zipper is at the back, which prevents theft in crowded places (someone opening zippers without you noticing). Stands on its firm base when you put it down. Rain cover included in the bottom works well, and the tripod holder is excellent and has been used a lot already. highly recommended.
on 27 August 2014
i own 3 lowepro bags and 1 of them is still my favorite as it has vertical side pockets with zippers. I bought daytour because i liked the side pockets mainly and wanted to add lenses to the external pockets allowing faster access than opening the backpack.

Looking at the front side of backpack the material is indeed of nice quality. One disadvantage is the whitish reflective piping/ outlines which glow/ are fluorescent at night under minimal light, and this causes me problems when i walk in mountains and i immediately get spotted by passing by car lights etc. Definitely not the backpack for the more discreete photographers like me.

The external side pockets are made of 2 materials, 1 part made neoprene which is soft but not shake-proof and another part made by another material which seems to be watherproof. Side pockets can be streched some more due to neoprene basically and allow 1-2 lens to be hosted each side, which i like a lot.

The tripod holder is ok for a small tripod but the strap in the middle of the back is too thin to hold a tripod in firm possition.

The bottom of the bag did not convince me it is made of quality material that will not be worn out, and seems it has no extra padded protection and is very thin to the touch. the raincover is black in coulour with elastic material and wraps around the backpack very well.

Top of the bag we see a very well designed quality handle, maybe the best i have seen insofar.

The most annoying part of this bag is at the back. The shoulder padded straps are very nice, but... they are very bad designed. They are sewed close to the center of the top of bag and when i wear the backpack it is 15cm above my wast, and straps fall back and sideways instead of staying vertical at the chest.

As a lowe owner i have external pockets/ tubes that attach on the shoulder straps. Hama has 2 of those possitioned very close to the top of the shoulder straps, which pull back when i wear the backpack and the tubes immediately fall on my shoulders towards my back as well as close to the neck/ thouching the face.

If you try to pull the straps down to balance pockets etc. you will find that there is no way to do that, simply because straps are very short for a medium fit adult body.

The hip belt must always be used in order to walk comfrotably which makes me feel more stressed than without belt.
the belt strap in the height of chest, does not lock parallel to the body, always moves diagonally and very close to the neck.
i would not advise this purchase for an adult person at all. the possition of shoulder straps in relation to my body inc. hip / chest belt are definitely the worst i have seen in the industry in the last 15years.

When opening the bag i realise another annoying issue with its design delaying the access time to the contents.
The shoulder pad straps are sewn on the external (towards the front of bag) side of bag while the bottom part where the
straps end are sewed in the inner part of the zipper area/ opening shoulder back.

this means when you try to open the bag, you must move the shoulder straps to the sides, unzip from top to bottom and when approaching towards the bottom ends of backpack, you move again the shoulder straps (at the bottom) inwards to allow the zipper to move down. that is totally insane design implementation.

Opening the bag we see it has ample space but in the sides of the bag the areas are restricted in a way because of the non-rectangual desing to the sides of the bag mainly. The separators are of low quality and velcro's are very thin and narrow (compared with lowe) and do not stay in possition on fabric sides very well for long. They are very small also, meaning you need to find some bigger ones from your old accessories mix and match to your needs.

The elastic fastening inside the mesh does not even attach on the mesh, i wonder why is included ....

The tiny pockets inside are eating too much space for nothing... who needs tiny pockets to fit 1 SD card only nowadays ?
The black net pocket at the top of bag is secured by using two small velcros in the middle of it. If you have lots of filters etc, this small case will open imediately and contents will be spread in the mesh compartment.

The bigger pockets at the bottom are not tranparent so you cant see what you got stored there, slowing you down to dig the right accessory.

Zippers look fine at first but they get stuck when trying to close the bag especially at the bottom of it when the 2 zippers meet together, and sometimes in the middle of the route.

Today, my day1 with this bag, i have fitted a panosaurus panoramic head, 1 micro to the external pockets, 2 lowe strap attachment tubes/ pockets which dont balance at all on my body and 1 tripod with its bag to the field.

Due to the lack of proper side shield/ protection this bag immediately gave me the impression of another cheap bag in the industry. If the bag falls down and sideways i am not convinced inner side located contents i.e. lenses will not get damages.

The bag looked gig in the photo but is smaller and if you want a very tight fit of many contents in a bag this bag serves for this purpose despite the dad design and quality issues.

I will keep the bag for a while and i reckon i will sell it very soon. For me the price did not work and with 100GBP i could buy a lowe/ tamrac etc. with superior protection compared with hama. If i decide to keep it then i would definitely cut the hip belt and or the chest buckles.
on 7 February 2013
Well designed product, solid manufacture.
Even weight distribution through the shoulder & waist straps.
Ease of access through top & rear panels.
Customisable interior to accomodate DSLR, Lenses & assorted paraphernalia.
Dedicated pouches for Memory Cards, Cleaning Cloths, Circular Filters & Batteries.
Something that isn't alluded to in the pictures is a waterproof cover that is stored at the rear base of the bag, doesn't work with a tripod mounted.
Tripod pouch only fits one leg of the older, heavier, tripod styles. Resulting in the tripod not being as secure & prone to slipping out on occasions of swift & drastic movement.

All said & done, I'm happy with my purchase & would gladly recommend it.
on 8 August 2014
I had let my collection of lenses etc. build up to the point I had to get a larger case. This was the perfect purchase - it's a well made secure camera bag that looks like a regular back pack. I use both the top and back flaps for accessing my equipment, and there is a place for everything, which can be adjusted depending on the size of lenses.

The only thing I will say, which is probably obvious, is that this bag can get heavy with the contents, so it's not recommended for carrying all of your kit if you're planning on wearing it on your back for long periods.
on 9 March 2013
I bought this bag as I my current bag was struggling to hold all my gear, the photos looked good and gave the impression that it would meet my needs nicely.

The bag itself is good quality, padding, zips etc all looked fine. The problem I had was with the design of this bag. The curved design means that the depth of the sides of bag were very restricted, I really struggled to get the back to hold my 5DII, 70-200, 70-40 and 24-105. Outside of the 70-200, these lenses aren't that large, it was a real struggle to get them to fit in the side dividers, due to the lost space.

In summary this bag could have been so much better, but it sacrificed practicality for design.

It is very well priced, so if your kit consists of small primes rather than larger zooms it may work well for you. But unfortunately not for me.
on 27 August 2012
The Hama daytour camera backpack is a good design with plenty of storage and compartments
I do like the idea of it been crush resistant, and the expandable side pockets are very useful. Its also very easy to access your camera and accessories from top and back.
on 22 October 2015
Very well made camera bag and comfortable to carry. I've used it for many trips and it's always served perfectly, protecting my kit and offering good, safe access to lenses when needed. Another quality product from Hama. I'm very pleased.
on 23 September 2014
I shopped around a lot on the internet, read reviews and recommendations before buying this bag, I don't have loads of money and would rather fork out for equipment than spend £100s on bags but obviously want to properly protect what I do have. So, with this bag you get loads of space for lenses/camera etc, what you don't get is proper laptop/tablet space but this is a £50ish bag so I am not going to grumble! I love the little labelled pockets, especially the ones marked for fresh or used batteries, that actually made me smile in glee (easily pleased) as did the hidden rain cover and little cleaning cloth. I can't quite believe how good this bag is for the price, smart and practical.
on 16 February 2014
Takes my Canon 70D with 100-400mm lens plus 3 smaller lenses, spare battery and memory card.
Rain cover works well.
on 9 June 2014
I own Lowepro Flipside 200 and really love it. But at one moment it became too small for my equipment. When trying to find my next backpack I read and read online. This was the one I fell in love with. Really comfortable, spacy and well thought.

See one answered question