I bought this as a solution to the problems caused by the cleaning cloths supplied by opticians with new spectacles that shed significantly more fibres than you are trying to remove, and then smudge the lens in the process.

Although I have used the same optician for about 20 years, the style of cleaning cloths he provides appears to change every few years. Some are good, a few really excellent and some, such as those currently provided, are truly awful. I formerly used the 'Calocloth' cloths, which appear no longer to be available, and they were very good for about 1-2 years before needing to be replaced. I tried washing one which was at the end of its life and it was useless afterwards.

The Pentax cloths are an entirely different product. They are microfibre so will not scratch a lens if the hard grit is first removed, preferably with a dust gun or blower of some description. They will remove most smudges, if not too heavy, and can be used with a good lens cleaner fluid if you wish to remove the more stubborn grease marks. Once they become grubby, they are washable but, although the instructions do not say so, never use a fabric conditioner or a detergent that includes one as they will affect the fabric.

The cloth is not excessively large, at around 6-inches square, but is large enough for normal use. If you do not want to return it to its original packing after every use, I would suggest using a small self-seal poly bag to keep it as clean as possible.
on 9 November 2012
This product is approximately twice the size of a regular cloth and certainly cleans the coated lenses of my spectacles better than anything I've obtained from an optician.

However, it does not leave them 100% smear or dust-free even if you wash it regularly and use in conjunction with a high quality lens cleaning spray.

Overall, I expected just a little more for my £5 - both in terms of effectiveness and quantity of material (size).
on 4 October 2011
This Pentax Lens and Glasses cleaning cloth is the best you will ever buy !!! - I had one years ago that I got with a Pentax camera but lost it so I was delighted to find that it is still every bit as good as the old one - there is nothing to beat it.
on 23 May 2011
Finally a "microfibre cloth" which actually has micro fibres and isn't just a fancy dust cloth! Small but perfectly formed - the fibres will not escape into the inner workings of your expensive lens, nor will it fray at the edges. Removes greasy surface marks superbly. Recommended.
on 8 November 2012
Well, as cleaning cloths go this kind of does the job like other reviewers have said. I was more disappointed by its small size. I bought it because I wanted something larger than the standard opticians cleaning cloth that came with my glasses. It has to be said that this Pentax cleaning cloth is about double the area of the standard glasses cleaning cloth. All in all I was expecting something bigger- especially for the price. Having said that- it does the job of cleaning my glasses.
on 12 September 2015
have used Pentax Lens w]Wipes for years. They are by far the best product for the job I have found. I used them on my photographic equipment, binoculars, spotting scope and my spectacles. They may cost considerably more than other, I will not say similar, products, because nothing else measures up to them. I have found them completely durable, using and washing them, in washing mashine as part of a standard mixed load of clothes, multiple times.
Unfortunately like other small items, they are not proof against being mislaid and lost. I have never worn one out, but I have lost many, so until someone comes up with self homing ones, I will continue to buy Pentax Lens Wipes..
on 12 November 2012
I bought a couple of these 20 years ago, and they (or the type of packet they come in) has not changed.

Unlike the rubbish (made in China) that I was offered on the high street (and didn't come in anything to keep the cloth in), this is made in Japan (which is always a really good sign) and comes in a card envelope - so that it can be kept nice and clean.

You need to be careful obviously, and ensure that the cloth doesn't have any grit on it before you clean the lens, but then if it has been kept in the packaging between uses, it shouldn't have anything on it anyway.

Always good practice to give it a bit of a flick before just to make sure though.

My lens had some marks on it, and the cloth did the job it was supposed to do. A nice streak/smear free finish.

Very useful piece of kit, and a good price.
on 3 November 2014
I wasn't sure what to expect from this cloth. I purchased it to clean my glasses.

When I opened the product and first saw the material, my first impression was, "This feels like flimsy trash for £5!". It feels like a clothes tag! Very, very thin and I thought there was no way this would be any good. Even now I keep thinking if this is the real deal or some kind of joke!

As I paid that much for it, I just had to try it. I was (am) pleasantly surprised. My glasses cleaned up very nicely. It took a little more hard work as the material is thin and kind of slippery, but the end result was very clean and clear lenses.

The size of the cloth is plenty good enough for glasses. I would keep it safe though as it will be easy to lose it! Not sure if it's worth the price to be honest. Time will tell if it holds it value. If you want to spend £5 on a cleaning cloth for your glasses then sure, this cloth will do the trick nicely.
on 26 November 2014
I have been using one of these Pentax microfibre cloths for years, and just received two more, to keep in other camera bags so I'm never without one. They do the job. Period. No bits left behind to get anywhere they shouldn't; machine-washable when they get dirty.

Some people have commented that they are on the small side: Well, they are to me a perfect size to keep in a camera bag and clean front filter and rear element with when needed. Why would I want something larger? Ditto comments regarding value for money: Just because they are not the size of a bed-sheet, and cost a little more that other ones does not, in my book, make them bad value.

They also work just fine on my reading glasses, and are larger than any free ones supplied by my optician.
on 4 October 2012
Not the cheapest lens cloth that you will buy. However, if you wish to keep your lenses crystal clean, then look no further than this product. I have used other lens cloths in the past and they ALL have proved to be completely inferior to this one, so to keep my Pentax lenses clean, their is only one obvious choice. I recommend this product 100%.