Creative Labs Live! Cam Chat HD
Price:£24.99+Free shipping with Amazon Prime

on 23 December 2011
I needed to upgrade my webcam for Skype (previously using a Logitech QuickCam Zoom which people were telling me looked like **** at their end), so bought this after comparing specs etc on the web. Under XP Pro SP2 if you just plug it in and go then Skype only sees it as a generic 'USB Video device' with only limited tweaking using Skype>video settings>webcam settings. However if you download the latest driver (in my case LCCH_0700_PCDRV_17_1_00_06) then Skype sees the specific device (not a generic one) and a ton more Skype setting tweaks suddenly become available, including tilt/zoom function.

I have friends with Microsoft Lifecam VX-3000 or similar and this device is 100x better quality, plus it is in a very neat package to sit on top of your monitor.
on 25 October 2013
What's good.
- Quick delivery: Delivered 4 days after being dispatched with free delivery!
- Easy setup on Mac (OS X Mavericks 10.9): I open up the package, and just stick the USB into my Mac Mini and that's it, it works.
- Good video quality.
- You can only tilt it a little but it has a stand-like thing which allows you to prop it up really easily if it's on a desk.

What's bad.
- As someone previously mentioned you can't swivel/rotate the camera left or right (but you can up and down).

Overall I think it's insanely good for the price and it's compatible with my Mac! :D
on 17 August 2011
This webcam is a uvc device which makes it excellent for use with Linux, as the drivers are built into current kernels.
Picture quality with Skype is very good and low light level operation is also good compared to other webcams that I have owned.

My only reservation is with the mount. It can only be adjusted in the vertical axis which is not an issue on a laptop, but when using on a desktop it is not ideal, although the wide angle 16:9 image tends to compensate for this.

All round this it is an excellent camera that I would recommend.
on 3 July 2011
Lots of times I've looked at buying a webcam, but all they ever claim is that they work on some version of Windows. This one had a sticker on the back that said "Works with Mac & Linux". So I bought it based on that, and it did just work out of the box on Ubuntu 11.04.
on 22 October 2013
So many video cams are PC only but this one works with a Mac, without having to download any drivers! Why can't they all?
on 7 January 2014
I've been trying for a while to find a compatible web cam for my Mac Mini running OSX Mavericks.
Macs are incredibly picky when it comes to webcams, and none of my three current cams would work.

I bought this Creative Labs webcam because other people had reported that it works well with Mac, and I can confirm that it does.

I was in the middle of my working day when the parcel arrived, I plugged in the camera into my Mac and it was immediately recognised.
I started a Lync video call and then a FaceTime chat without even needing to reboot.

So - five stars from me, does exactly what I need (on the Mac) and at a great price. Highly recommended.
on 17 April 2012
Very small and discreet, the clip on the back will adjust to fit on most monitors or laptops. Easy set up, no drivers required with Windows 7. Great picture quality and sound. Works perfectly with Skype and Windows messenger.
on 9 March 2015
I bought this from Amazon in March 2013, two years on it's still working and has had good driver support for various operating systems.

I do not tend to do a lot of video calling but I do use skype a lot for voice and this has been perfect for that. It does pick up more background voice than a mic attached to headphones but that's to be expected. I do get the occasional comment of 'what's that noise?' if an ambulance goes past which does tend to happen as I live on a main road.

I have used this this with Windows 7, 8, 8.1 10 and Ububtu and it's worked faultlessly with them all. It is recognised instantly on Windows, installing without any input from me and working in minutes.

I have used the webcam itself and the picture is good. As with any camera it struggles with exposure if there is a window behind you but using a light or with the window elsewhere the picture quality is good. It can start to look grainy in low light but it is a better picture than I've seen from similarly priced Microsoft alternatives
on 19 May 2014
I purhased this camera in Sweden, whilst working there and living in a hotel.

At the time it cost me approximately 600 SEK(about £60). - which I thought was very expensive!!

I have since been using this product for 3 years now. I am NOT a regular user of Web cams, but I use it mainly for SKYPE and voice chats + the occassional live video chat.

I find the microphone on this to be of exception quality!!

The video is not THE best quality, but I'm completely OK with that as I'm not a technology-crazed being! (work as an engineer in this field though..)
One of my favourite attributes of this web cam is that it sits on top of my 22" screen, which serves my needs really well.

Being a plug-n-play USB camera, I can unplug it and leave it safely in a box, when not being used.

Wish it was wi-fi though!

Overall a good HD camera from an excellent brand(love Creative products) . Would recommend for ALL basic needs + more..

Thanks Creative..
on 19 September 2011
Very easy to install, just plugged it in, and it downloads itself.
was using it within 30 seconds, on Skype.
Sits on top of the monitor screen, and is very unobtrusive.
Picture Quality is excellent, a lot better than my earlier one.

Creative Live! Cam Socialize HD Webcam with Microphone