5.0 out of 5 stars Endearing and Moving
This is the second book of three in the follies series and although it isn't a cliff hanger in the true sense, it certainly leaves you wanting to know how it will all end!

Published on 16 July 2008 by Emsy84

3.0 out of 5 stars An Decent Book
I picked up this book because it looked interesting, put I picked up book 2 instead book 1 and that was a mistake. While it was hard to understand what was going, the characters were interesting and the storyline was good.
Published 6 months ago by M. E. Newell

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Endearing and Moving, 16 July 2008

This book starts where the first finished off - and lets us see how the decisions they have made will alter the courses of their lifes. For Rose it seems that her dream is now over an all she has to look forward to is plain (as plain as plain is in the middle of a war) everyday life. Richard closes himself off from the world after his shattering discovery on new years eve and leads himself back into danger. And for Felix and Merry it seems all is well - but is it?

This series seems to improve with every chapter and has managed to fully engross me! Would recommend to anyone with a heart!

5.0 out of 5 stars wartime drama, 11 April 2009
ruralbuyer (Lincolnshire UK) - See all my reviews
A thoroughly good read, a nice mix of the entertainment side of the forces and the resistance movement in France. The second in a series of four, and just as good as the first one. Seems good on accuracy as well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent research has gone into the history of the period ..., 20 April 2015
A set of 4 World War 11 books a gripping story and well woven action of the 4 main characters. Excellent research has gone into the history of the period and one can 'feel' l the action of the fighting as if you were there it is so well drawn. Only down side ( and this is not the writer's fault)
where was the editor to have missed the inconsistances in the 4 books? Seaford or Shoreham for Merry's cottage, or his father dying last year when it had to be 'this' year? There were several other mistakes similar to theses but although they didn't spoil a good set of books it's just a pity they were not picked up. Still rate it 5 stars though.

4.0 out of 5 stars BOOK REVIEW, 20 Sept. 2010
I had not heard of this author before I picked this audio book up from my local library. I was delighted to at the details in the story line, especially the more personal touches. One could imagine that it was happening last year and not in the early 40s. Well written researched and presented. I have purchased this as a Xmas present. This book is part of a set of four books (Follies) I believe that there is enough information to make a film

JML

5.0 out of 5 stars The War Years, 27 April 2010
C. Gerrard - See all my reviews
Couldn't wait to read the second book in the series of the Follies. It was a great idea to give a snippet of this book at the end of the first one. Once you start to read you are hooked and desperate to continue until book 4. I couldn't put it down and then struggled to get book 3 but I would be amazed if anyone can read this without continuing to the last in the series. I thoroughly enjoyed it.

5.0 out of 5 stars well worth a read, 23 Nov. 2012
The Good Daughter (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
I chose this because it was set during ww2 and thought it might be worth a read as it covered more than just people in the service. Have to say I really enjoyed it - the characters are all very likeable and the settings are all very realistic - if you like this kind of subject matter and enjoy a light read this is well worth picking up

5.0 out of 5 stars Wartime memories, 7 April 2011
This book is the second of a quartet of books by Hilary Green about characters in the entertainment business during WW11. It is extremely well written and a book (all of them) which you cannot put down. The characters are fascinating and well drawn and you are given a real insight into their participation during the war.

5.0 out of 5 stars A book in my favourite genre, 19 July 2010
Maisa Mäkinen (Turku,Finland) - See all my reviews
I have always felt "at home" with books placed in the war period. These characters are exceptionally life-like and it is a pleasure to read about them. Unfortunately part 3 is unavailable so I have not read part four as I don't want to lose the thrill by jumping over one book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Another fantastic book, 23 April 2013
This review is from: They Also Serve (Follies Book 2) (Kindle Edition)
I have already read 'Follies 1' and found it to be compelling reading. Likewise with this book, I didn't want to put it down. I am now reading 'Follies 3'. I look forward to reading the final one, but will also be sorry because the series will have ended.

3.0 out of 5 stars An Decent Book, 13 Dec. 2014
M. E. Newell (Georgia, United States) - See all my reviews

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

They Also Serve (Follies Book 2)