5.0 out of 5 stars gripping read, 3 Jun 2009
Ms. E. L. Honey "emmhon" (Maidstone, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Never Say Goodbye (Paperback)
I found this a very powerful book. It links in well with Green's earlier book 'We'll Meet Again'. Green writes eloquently and very quickly you want Diana and the members of her resistance cell to succeed. The suspense is kept right through to the end. Anyone who enjoys war novels and the impact on people, especially SOE agents, would enjoy this.

5.0 out of 5 stars very good read, 8 Nov 2012
The Good Daughter (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Never Say Goodbye (Paperback)
Despite having the prequel to this (we'll meet again) I never read it because I had only just watched the TV series that was made of it in the 80's so - having the story fresh in my mind I went for the sequel - and was not disappointed - this is a very good read and anyone who enjoys a WW2 setting will thoroughly enjoy it. This lady is a good write who knows her subject - well worth a go. The characters are very real and you are caught up very quickly in the heroines struggle being behind enemy lines.

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent, 22 April 2014
This review is from: Never Say Goodbye (Kindle Edition)
Really good story. This is the third in the series and I enjoyed them all.hope to read the follies series next.

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent read!, 2 May 2013
This review is from: Never Say Goodbye (Kindle Edition)
This is a fabulous read that exposes courage , selflessness and bravery in a heroine to remember. It also touches on the story of Frankie, the heroine from the first book and this allows us to see how her story ends. Well worth settling down with for a good read!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book, 29 Oct 2012
This review is from: Never Say Goodbye (Kindle Edition)
I had never read any of Hilary Green's books until I read "We'll Meet Again" which was the first book in this series. I enjoyed that book immensely and found I couldn't put the book down. It seemed to be well researched although in some areas I felt the heroin Frankie was too good to be true. I followed on with, "Never Say Goodbye", which continued the story but with a different character,Steve,(nickname) one of the friends who trained at the same time as Frankie and this time it was about her. But though I have seen films, read books etc about the war, secret agents were one area that I didn't know much about. These two books have given me an insight into that area of war work.

Never say Goodbye was even better in my opinion than the first book and was a real page turner, more so (if possible) than the first one. I thoroughly enjoyed the book and was enlightened a great deal by it.

I would recommend this book to anyone who likes WW2 novels and I can safely say I will be reading every other title this author has written. An absolutely cracking read.

5.0 out of 5 stars She loves it, 7 Aug 2012
Roland Hill - See all my reviews
This review is from: Never Say Goodbye (Paperback)
Got this for my wife, after she had read most of the other H Green books. Another hit as far as she was concerned. Reading rate whent from a book a year to a book in a month

4.0 out of 5 stars Never Say Goodbye, 22 April 2008
This review is from: Never Say Goodbye (Paperback)
"Carve Her Name In Pride." Rehashed.

When I initally read this follow up from "We'll meet again" I thought it was a good story.The the other day, I watched the film, "Carve Her Name In Pride."A true story about a woman who was given the George Cross for bravery during the war, after becoming a secret service agent.I couldn't believe that they were so simiular ! Even parts of the film I felt she had copied.

The story only became different coming to the end. Shame really.

Never Say Goodbye