Price:£15.04+ Free shipping

on 19 October 2011
When the moon GEM 3.0 arrived I was surprised at the size of the device. It was smaller then I originally anticipated and made me feel a bit sceptical about how functional it would be.

Don't let the size of this device put you off how powerful it is those four LED's can pump out some light and are ideal for urban/sub-urban use.

It has a little blue light which flashes indicating when the power is low which states it has about 30 minutes run time remaining.

I am very happy with this purchase and would recommend highly.
on 14 October 2014
These lights are awesome, they easily clip on and off with a rubber band. The battery life lasts a significant amount of time too. I was cycling over an hour each way to work in the winter dark and would generally have to charge them towards the end of the week which is easily done on the work or home computer. They keep their charge when you don't use them for a while also. I have bought these lights as presents for my other cycling friends and they love them too. A great product.
on 30 August 2014
Really like this little device. Was a little surprised by the (small) size when it arrived, but this is a very bright light. Attachment/detachment is easy so I have no problem switching it between bikes. I attach mine to a seat stay because I have a pannier attached to my seat tubes. The design allows me to get the right angle facing backwards.

I've not managed to test battery life because - after lots of long rides - I've never managed to deplete the battery!
on 9 March 2014
Bought this for commuting into work and back - I can leave it charging whilst I'm working on the computer. Good bright light with decent array of options (modes). Only minor gripes are that the button is a little hard to push when you're wearing cycling gloves fine with bare fingers) and slightly bulky front-to-back but otherwise extremely highly recommended.
on 22 January 2015
I commute by bike to work 12 miles every day and in all weathers.
This is a good, very bright and compact rechargeable light with steady, quick flash and slow flash modes.
Easy to recharge and holds it's charge well - I only recharge once a week - never let me down.
The only significant criticism (hence 4 stars) is that the single on off / button / mode button is tiny. Impossible to operate with cycle gloves on (ie in cold weather). Otherwise cannot fault this light - well engineered albeit not designed by practical cyclists who cycle in cold winter weather and wear gloves!
on 5 August 2015
I like it so much I'm buying another one as a backup/secondary light. Small, light, the strap is holding up perfectly well after a year of daily all weather commuting. Plenty bright enough, I'm not sure I'd want any brighter, dazzling drivers isn't cool. I charge it from my work computer about once a week, it hasn't died on me yet. Only annoying thing is that this exact same product was a tenner cheaper a year ago! And I must agree the button is a bit unpleasant to press with numb/super cold finger tips, nothing worth crying about though.
on 4 May 2015
Second one of these I have had and they are a realy nice compact rear light.It does not scrimp on brightness even though it is quite small. Also it does have a good battery life.

The only slight issue I have is the bracket rubber has perrished after 2 years of being covered in road detritus.

I will replace my current one of these with another if I break this one. (Was my fault I'm replacing this one).
on 9 January 2015
Good light, bright and you can choose the light patterns. Only gripe is that the power button is very small and footery. I also sometimes don't notice when the low-battery red light flashes, causing it to die without warning, I think due to the fact that the light itself is red so it's hard to tell.
on 1 June 2012
I bought one of these as I thought I would try it out. Now those 4 LED's do kick out some light, and Its not a bad light at all. I would have rated it higher had I not bought the GEM 2.0 rear at the same time.

I like to have a steady and a flashing rear light all the time. This was going to be the steady.

Its not bad, and it works. The light removes from the strap with a clip that wont dislodge over rough terrain, but to be honest its easier and faster just to remove the strap anyway. Its not as bright or as good as the Moon GEM 2.0.

Like I say it seems this light (which I repeat, would have been reviewed far higher if not for its sister light) is ok.

For info, my bike now has 2 GEM 2.0's on the back. It's not that this is a bad light, its not, Just its sister is much better. Would really consider spending your hard earned on the GEM 2.0 rear light (its red leds even though the pics on amazon are misleading, the ones sold as front ones are white)

I don't know how to put it other than that for you ladies out there, but for the blokes I would say the GEM 3.0 is like being with Dannii Minogue.
on 28 February 2015
Brought this and a matching front light for Other halfs bike, he loves them, says they are nice and bright and he wishes he had had some sooner, they are great because you recharge them rather than battery operated and charge seems to last a while.
Great product, great price.