4.0 out of 5 stars Small but bright
When the moon GEM 3.0 arrived I was surprised at the size of the device. It was smaller then I originally anticipated and made me feel a bit sceptical about how functional it would be.

Don't let the size of this device put you off how powerful it is those four LED's can pump out some light and are ideal for urban/sub-urban use.

It has a little blue...
Published on 19 Oct 2011 by Malachi

3.0 out of 5 stars Great light, rubbish fitting.
The light is brilliant, 4 options (fixed, brighter fixed, strobe, flashing) all of which are supremely bright. Don't worry that the unit itself is small, it's the led's that pump the light out.

Now then, the strap...

Published 14 months ago by crazeetaxi

4.0 out of 5 stars Small but bright, 19 Oct 2011
This review is from: Moon GEM 3.0 Rear Light -Red (Sports)

It has a little blue light which flashes indicating when the power is low which states it has about 30 minutes run time remaining.

I am very happy with this purchase and would recommend highly.

4.0 out of 5 stars Recommended, 9 Mar 2014
This review is from: Moon GEM 3.0 Rear Light -Red (Sports)
Bought this for commuting into work and back - I can leave it charging whilst I'm working on the computer. Good bright light with decent array of options (modes). Only minor gripes are that the button is a little hard to push when you're wearing cycling gloves fine with bare fingers) and slightly bulky front-to-back but otherwise extremely highly recommended.

3.0 out of 5 stars Great light, rubbish fitting., 12 May 2013

Now then, the strap...

I bought this assuming the strap was an extra and there would also be the usual bracket included. No, it's strap only unfortunately.

The strap will fit round any post but to secure it you thread the end through a hole. It does not lock into position. I cannot see this strap stayinf locked in place during lengthy mountain bike rides. The vibrations, shocks coupled with mud and water lubricating it should see you lose it in a forest or hilltop pretty soon. This did not become an issue for me as the release clip for the light snapped off on its third use, while I was fitting/testing it. I have thus thrown the stupid strap away and now using a standard bracket for it. Much better.

This strap was a prime example of a pointless gimmick. I wish companies would just stick to tried and tested methods.

A good light and cheap considering it's rechargeable, but the fixing issues bring the score down.

3.0 out of 5 stars OK, but not fantastic, 1 Jun 2012
This review is from: Moon GEM 3.0 Rear Light -Red (Sports)
I bought one of these as I thought I would try it out. Now those 4 LED's do kick out some light, and Its not a bad light at all. I would have rated it higher had I not bought the GEM 2.0 rear at the same time.

I like to have a steady and a flashing rear light all the time. This was going to be the steady.

Its not bad, and it works. The light removes from the strap with a clip that wont dislodge over rough terrain, but to be honest its easier and faster just to remove the strap anyway. Its not as bright or as good as the Moon GEM 2.0.

Like I say it seems this light (which I repeat, would have been reviewed far higher if not for its sister light) is ok.

For info, my bike now has 2 GEM 2.0's on the back. It's not that this is a bad light, its not, Just its sister is much better. Would really consider spending your hard earned on the GEM 2.0 rear light (its red leds even though the pics on amazon are misleading, the ones sold as front ones are white)

I don't know how to put it other than that for you ladies out there, but for the blokes I would say the GEM 3.0 is like being with Dannii Minogue.

Moon GEM 3.0  Rear Light -Red