5.0 out of 5 stars Great really works
"Great item, really works recently got 3 new cats and one was really stressed and kept hissing soon as this was plugged in, he calmed down and we have a happy kitty house."
Published on 26 July 2012 by sj7665

1.0 out of 5 stars Sadly didn't live up to the hype...
I bought this for my hyperactive dog who is a bit of a Jekyll and Hyde.. very laid back when nothing is happening but if someone comes to the door or if we have another dog visit, she goes mental.. Made no difference at all to her despite her being right next to the plug in device..
Published 16 months ago by Miss G C Morley

5.0 out of 5 stars Great really works, 26 July 2012
This review is from: Pet Remedy Natural De-Stress and Calming Plug-In Diffuser, 40 ml (Misc.)

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazed!, 10 Sept. 2011
We wanted to take our Border collie Max on holiday with us but he is a very nervous dog so when I saw this product I was a little sceptical but thought I would give it a try anyway. The product comes with a small travel tag that you can put a few drops of the pet remedy onto and then attach it in the car, this is said to help calm the pet whilst travelling.Max has gone on several small journeys in the past and he often starts to get a little stressed after a while , however during the two and a half hour journey (with one 20 min stop)he remained very calm throughout! At the holiday flat I thought we would encounter some problems as Max does not like being in unfamiliar buildings but I must say he remained as calm as though he was in his own home, I dont know if this is down to the sea air or the pet remedy but I was amazed. On the way home Max slept most of the way back!!! I still use the diffuser back home and our dog and three cats appear more relaxed around each other, Im not saying that it is a miracle cure as Max still has his moments but on the whole I am pretty impressed.

5.0 out of 5 stars WOULD RECOMMNED, 23 May 2014
I'VE USED THIS FOR SOME TIME NOW AS MY DOG HOWLS WHEN LEFT ON HER OWN. SINCE USING THIS I HAVE NOT HAD ANYONE COMPLAIN ABOUT HER HOWLING SO AS FAR AS I KNOW IT DEFO WORKS - I ONLY USE IT WHEN I'M OUT.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product!, 28 May 2014
I bought this as one of my cats was bullying the other two. It works a treat! It took about 48 hours to fully take effect-he's a really chilled little pussy cat now! Much cheaper that leading brand & works better in my opinion. I will buy again -delivery very quick.

5.0 out of 5 stars Pet Remedy, 20 Sept. 2010
Brilliant... Stopped my cat peeing on the bed once a week, as soon as it was plugged in

4.0 out of 5 stars Pet remedy distress plug in diffuser, 30 Nov. 2012
My dog was much better on firework night. I think this may of helped him. My husband has been much calmer as so so it obviously works on him! Hurray

5.0 out of 5 stars Bought for skittish feral kitten - we are gob smacked!, 17 Aug. 2012
We adopted two feral kittens (siblings) at age 6 (tabby girl) and 7.5 weeks (torti girl) respectively. We bought this product because of the torti girl. The kittens are now 4.5 months old.

Status by 7th Aug 2012:
* did all the recommended things to tame/socialise them (cage to begin with/regular handling/hand feeding/release into room/ give 'eye kisses' etc.)
* after nearly 3 months with us the tabby is friendly and sociable though not a lap cat / she is not frightened at all, rather laid back and a very gentle sister
* at the same time the torti although not that frightened anymore would hardly ever let us stroke/touch her (only when lazing on her cat tree and half asleep), she's skittish and can be fierce, she's grooming rather a lot, runs off the second a hand comes near her (though she's very nosey and follows you around and pokes her little sweet nose into everything you do ;o), torti only plays with toys but won't engage with hands to play (she kinda hangs around and watches when I do that with the other cat and on occasions tried to engage but she's just too awkward)

Plugged device in 7th Aug 2012 and generally got the idea she does not dash off as quickly as she used to when we try to engage.

Status 17 Aug 2012:
We are amazed!! Yesterday someone surely flipped a switch in our torti! Here is what happened yesterday and today:
* Torti lets you scratch and massage her cheeks and neck and stretches out to direct your hand to the 'right place'
* Torti came to the sofa and wanted to 'cuddle'. I stroked and scratched/massaged her for about 10 mins before she decided a teensy spider on the ceiling was more interesting / this was the first time since the release from the cage I had actually properly touched her for a significant length of time
* Torti's appetite has increased (she tends to gain weight slower than her sister)
* Torti has definitely been grooming and gnawing herself less the past 2 days
* Torti's baldish patches between eyes and ears are not as bald
* Torti has started 'kneading'
* Torti has less occurrences of large pupils
* Overall, torti looks like a different cat, more relaxed definitely

* The tabby is her usual relaxed self but has lately had several attacks of coming to the sofa wanting a serious cuddle :o)

So all in all, we believe the stuff must be doing its work. It took 10 days for the magic to occur and we are hoping torti will continue to make progress.

Am just unsure how long one's supposed to carry on with this/how to phase this out. I know there is a repeat order on offer but hey....you catch my drift?!

Lastly, the price on here is good. I bought it for £17 and a bit from my local pet shop. I shall order my next batch from Amazon.

P.S.: we plugged in the device next to the cat tree where they spend a considerable amount of time sleeping/lazing/playing and the whole arrangement is located in our average sized living/dining room.

P.P.S.: just to say that the product is noticeable to the human nose. I realise some reviewers have commented negatively on it. To me it smells a bit like pepper which I don't mind and have got used to. I also get the impression that the 'smell' is not always noticeable so I assume the release might be a bit in bursts?

UPDATE:
Well, I think I know why some people say that it works initially and then ceases to do so. Here is my theory:
I think the truly calming substance (possibly Valerian) evaporates quicker than the other substances. For our cats it works like this: put on a new cartridge and they become all lovey dovey over and above the normal level. However, after several days this phenomenon receeds and they go back to their usual selves. I have even switched the device off and there is no difference in their demeanor after the initial love attack of several days stops (possibly a week). I am thinking about getting Valerian and evaporating that on its own to test my theory.

Having said all that, this product has really helped our very frightened puss to relax and trust us and step over that initial threshold of fear and she is now very affectionate.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great - Bit smelly, 5 Nov. 2012
I ordered this for 2 crazy dogs and 1 crazy cat at fireworks - I plugged it in went out leaving my mum, 2 dogs and 1 cat indoors come back to a silent house, all had falledn asleep including the crazy mum :) It is a little smelly but it really does work - when I unplugged it they started barking and running around again! Very Good product!

5.0 out of 5 stars Keeps our cats mellow, 4 April 2014
This is the 4th bottle of Pet Remedy we've used and yes I'll definitely keep using it. I had forgotten just how well it works on our feisty young female until it ran out. It just takes the edge of nervous behaviour. An effective and slightly cheaper alternative to another well known brand. In fact I think it also lasts longer too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Astounded!!, 25 Oct. 2012
I have two moggies one of whom suffers occasionally with a rodent ulcer on his lips. This can be brought on by stress. My moggies tend to be a bit stressed at the best of times despite being kept occupied with playing etc. After reading several reviews i decided to take the plunge to see if it would alleviate some of the stress and purrhaps maybe not necessitate so many trips to the vet to get one of my moggies injected with a steroid to treat his lip....wow! well what can i say...in a matter of a couple of hours of switching on said diffuser i immediately noticed a difference in my moggies behavior!! No longer are they at each others throats...and no longer does the moggie with the rodent ulcer stand in my hallway and howl at the top of his voice. Instead of galloping around like something that's been let out for the day they are more calm and subdued than i have ever known them to be. Although this is only the third day of having the diffuser i have yet to find out if it will keep my moggies rodent ulcer at bay for a longer period of time, so i will endeavor to leave another review in another month or two to let you know if it does indeed contain an "healing" effect. Needless to say that despite the product being a little pricey and being on a low income i wouldn't hesitate to buy this item on a regular basis. I ordered the product on the weekend and received it monday morning. Very efficient, and i will be using the same company again.