5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic
Published on 17 Dec 2010 by Painted Rose

3.0 out of 5 stars Almost really good...
Pros:
Firstly, the webcam requires no set-up whatsoever, simply plug it in and go- very nice!
Published on 29 Jan 2011 by Ellie

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 17 Dec 2010
This review is from: Kinobo B7 Laptop USB 5mpx Webcam For Windows XP/Vista/7 Skype/Yahoo/MSN Includes USB Microphone (Personal Computers)
Wow, super fast delivery, even with the terrible weather conditions, that in itself was impressive and then I opened it........ what can I say, its brilliant, I have a built in webcam which is fuzzy and dark so I thought I would try this little gem after reading the reviews and I am so happy that I did, the picture is crystal clear, the sound is great and its neat, doesnt mark my laptop, for once I have something that is exactly how it was described and at a really good price, I would highly recommend this webcam, there is no messing around, you just plug it in and thats it, so easy hassle free and above all exceptional quality.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great camera - easy to set up, 30 Oct 2010
Had no problems setting this up - just plugged it into my computer (running XP) and then Windows set it up without using any software or drivers. Started up Skype, and there I was! Really pleased with the clarity of picture, and the mic seems to work fine on Skype, too. Would recomend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Kinobo B7 Laptop USC Webcam, 20 Oct 2010
Mr. M. Moore - See all my reviews
Although for a laptop, I've used this Webcam on my desktop using MSN to see my live feed. The colours are clear and smooth with a good actual time frame. A quality product with a microphone inbuilt and an adjustable focus on the lens, which are great extras.

Very flexible, multi directional movement from the base of the webcam means that you can record from any position possible. I prefer the fixing clamp back to front on my monitor although it does look much more minimalistic as pictured above.

It also has a picture button for taking snap shots. I recommend this product wholeheartedly, really good value for money.

5.0 out of 5 stars FANTASTIC, 26 Aug 2011
Great little product. Just what you need and nothing else fancy Schnancy.
Thankyou for a prompt and fast delivery. Easy to set up, pluggd it in and I was good to go (Recommend to load Skype before this product is installed and Skype automatically loads when the drivers are found, that simple).

3.0 out of 5 stars Almost really good..., 29 Jan 2011
Pros:
Secondly, the sound and picture quality is just fine, in fact, I was quite impressed. It's a cheap webcam and I did not have high expectations. However, I found that the sound quality was good and the video reasonably sharp- it also doesn't appear to freeze or pixelate when you move, which is good.

Cons:
The problem with this webcam is that the cable, while it is a good length, is too stiff and heavy, and the ball joint too loose; the webcam points toward the ceiling when attached to the top of my laptop- not impressed! I did find that continually bending the cable near the webcam helps somewhat, to make the wire more flexible so that it doesn't tip itself quite so badly, but it is not ideal and the inconsistancy of the device's ability to hold itself in place is a major flaw and, surely, one that would be relatively easy to fix?

Conclusion:
If the webcam would actually point where I would like it to, it would almost certainly have achieved at least 4 stars from me, however I am not greatly impressed with how long it took for me to get the camera to stay in the position I want it to, and how careful I have to be to make it remain that way, to save further hassle having to re-adjust it when it moves. Being that it was so cheap, I am giving it 3 stars- you get what you pay for, I guess!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Product With Customer Service To Match, 6 Nov 2010
I am a university student needing a high-quality webcam for as little as possible. This is exactly what I found in the Kinobo B7. At first I had a slight issue with which I e-mail the company selling this product and quickly had a reply. If there is one thing I really like in a company it is good customer service, and I cannot stress enough the level of professionalism and care that was showed to me. Many companies would do no wrong learning a lesson or two from these guys.

The product itself is fantastic, a high quality picture with a great microphone. I used it for the first time contacting a friend from back home and absolutely loved it. I will definitely be recommending this company, and using them again in future.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very small and works flawlessly, 18 April 2012
David Brett (Newbury, UK) - See all my reviews
It shouldn't be hard to find a decent web cam at a reasonable price to use with applications like Skype, etc, but there are so many reviews that are extremely critical.

I wanted a small, inexpensive solution that worked out of the box and didn't required packets of "Blu-Tack" to keep in place or a cable too bulky that didn't "move" the camera.

Firstly this web cam is small. Really small. (I've posted a picture and compare the camera to the size of the USB plug it comes with).

Next, some other reviews are confusing regarding a separate microphone lead. In my version (Apr 2012), there is one USB plug, nothing else.

The cable is really lightweight and no chance of moving the camera unless you inadvertently snag the cable.

I run Windows Vista Home Premium; it worked instantly (with Skype) and didn't need additional drivers. (I've also tried it on XP Pro without issue).

The only slight downsides? The base stand hinges at the rear and allows the camera to therefore "sit" on a monitor. There is no "spring" clamp and uses gravity to stay in place (which is does) and a small lip at the front of the stand to stop it sliding backwards. Blu-Tack may actually be needed after all...

The manual focus ring on the front of the camera is stiff but "ok" - but once you've set it, why would you need to keep changing it?

Summary - small, inexpensive, it works (with Skype and Lync on Windows XP and Vista), unobtrusive and great delivery service from the vendor. A good buy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works perfectly on Ubuntu Linux, 2 Sep 2011
PC-B (Surrey, UK) - See all my reviews
Bought this because the built in webcam and microphone on my childrens' laptop didn't work with Google video chat. Plugged this in and it worked instantly, no configuration or driver loading of any kind required. Sound and picture quality are perfectly adequate for video chat use which is all we need.
Some reviews here refer to a separate microphone plug - the latest version does not have one, just a USB plug.

4.0 out of 5 stars Kinobo webcam, 6 Jun 2011
Kinobo B7 Laptop USB 5mpx Webcam For Windows XP/Vista/7 Skype/Yahoo/MSN Includes Microphone, i bought this webcam to keep in touch with family and friends and ive had it for atleast 4/5 months now, 5mega pix is about right again it all depends on your internet speed as to weather it streams in that quality, i've had no problem at all with this webcam, it was and still is VALUE FOR MONEY, previous reviews point out the clip on the webcam for your pc or laptop isnt suitable, although it is a little fiddly it stays put just fine as long as your not running around the living room with it. if you want a reliable webcam that lasts for a few pounds then this is the perfect buy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent bit of kit!, 10 Jan 2011
Mrs. N. J. Good "Nic" (Nic) - See all my reviews
I'm really pleased with this item, it is small and compact and thankfully for me (as I'm not technically minded) you just plug it in and away it goes! If I wanted to be picky, the only thing I would say against this product is that it doesn't clip stably to my lap top....its alright though and does the job. Excellent picture quality, a fantastic product especially for the amount of money it costs.

ARRAY(0xad8977bc)