5.0 out of 5 stars My first expensive pair of headphones
This is the first time I've spent more than £50 on a pair of headphones. i was tired of ear buds falling out while walking, or the plastic cup bits coming off in my handbag etc etc. I've been toying with the idea of getting some on ear ones for a while but was reluctant as I didn't want to look like some music genius as I walked to work in my suit and high heels...
Published on 28 Feb. 2011 by M. O'Neill

3.0 out of 5 stars Heavy Bass
I have a pair of B&W P5's but found that during extended use they hurt my ears so was looking for headphones that cupped the ears more.

I tried the Klipsch headphones at the apple store and found them to be considerably more comfortable purely because they do not put any pressure on the actual ears.

The build quality is very good but I did notice...
Published on 5 May 2011 by Stuart Duncan

5.0 out of 5 stars My first expensive pair of headphones, 28 Feb. 2011
M. O'Neill (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Klipsch Image One On-Ear Headphones with 3-Button Mic for iPhone/iPod - Black / Silver / Leather (Electronics)
However a trip to the Apple Store ended up with me walking out with these headphones and a new iPod. These headphones are a revelation, I'm hearing nuances in tracks that I've never noticed before. They're very comfortable they don't feel too bulky on and the carry case is a plus, sleek and easily fits in my bag. Looking forward to trying them on a plane. For me they cut out just enough noise. I can still hear announcements on the tube etc and not sit there like a numpty when everyone else has heard it terminates at the next station. I can still hear what's going on in the office, but can happily listen to some calming music if I want to crack on with a piece of work.
All in all very pleased - just wish I'd bought them on Amazon, would have got them for £30 cheaper than I paid at the Apple Store!

5.0 out of 5 stars Stunning, 15 Sept. 2012
As the title of my review suggests, these headphones are stunning. They exceed everything I expected from Klipsch headphones, and having owned a pair of in ear headphones, and an iPod dock for over a year, my expectations where already high.

They come in packaging that befit their price and have a very useable and what I am sure will prove to be durable hard shell case to transport them. The case has a compartment for accessories - these headphones come with a large jack adapter and a headphone adapter for aircraft.

I have fairly large ears, and all I can say is that these are exceptionally comfortable, something that is not as easy to achieve with me as I wear glasses. The ear foam is soft and supportive, and the headband is snug without being overly tight. For comfort I have to give them 5 stars.

If I was impressed before I plugged them in, I promise that that is nothing compared to what it was like when I took them for a test drive so to speak...

I have tried them on an iPhone 4S, an iPad 2 and a MacBook Pro, and I can report that the remote works with all of them. I have also used them with a Pure digital radio.

Listening to a piano solo, on flat EQ allows you to hear the mid range of these cans. Here they a bright, but not tinny, even at high volume. The lower end of the piano is reinforced by the exceptional bass these cans can provide.

Music in general is stunning through these phones. They give punchy bass that has fantastic tonal qualities rather than just a rumble for effect. Rolling bass lines are clear and harmonious. Others have commented that there is too much bass, I would disagree - the bass if of such quality that it is a treat to listen too. Mids are death with with applomb. Rhythm guitar is clear and sharp, and allows the highs to be heard over it.

These are stunning, to look at, to listen too, and much better than the £150 Bose equivelants which I admit, I was originally intending to buy, but was so underwhelmed I returned to Klipsch, and I assure you if I ever need another set of oer the head headphones, in ear headphones, or a new iPod dock, I will be looking no where but Klipsch. I don't believe there is another manufacturer that offers so much bang for your buck.

5.0 out of 5 stars An extremely good product from a lesser heard of company, 6 Mar. 2011
I first purchased the Beats Solo HD by Dre. I would not class myself as an audiophile, however having spent just shy of £900 on audio equipment in the last year or so I believe I can tell the difference between good speakers and bad speakers quite well. The Solo HDs have extremely muddy mids and highs. Even average audio enthusiasts will notice this. I therefore returned them to the Apple store and replaced them with these Klipsch's.

My word, these headphones are MILES better. This is a subjective opinion (of over 10 people I have tested) and objective I believe. They are also 30 odd pounds cheaper. I guarantee anyone who purchases these headphones will be very pleased with their sound quality. The bass is very impressive and extremely tight (I'm a hip hop fan so bass is extremely important and I am more than pleased). The mids and highs are also SPOT on. They sound very clear, do not sound processed and easily complement any genre of music. (Jazz is also a favourite of mine so good quality highs and mids are important).

The only downsides I can see about these headphones is the fact that there is a cable running from both the left and right earphones, but that is a very minor issue and in NO way should swing the decision on purchasing them. The other downside being that there is a little bit of sound leakage at really high volumes so if you're in a lecture for example and decide music is more interesting than Java coding (for example!) then the people around may not be pleased. In the majority of situations, however, this will probably not be an issue. You will be very pleased if you purchase these. Hope I helped :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great headphones for a great price, 26 Nov. 2011
Purchased these as a part of Black Friday deal for £49.99 on Amazon. I was looking for good headphones and wanted to get Beats Solo HD but just couldn't convince myself to pay £150 for these...
Order Klipsch based on many reviews here on Amazon and also on US Amazon and I am not disappointed! Great sound (although I'm not really audiophile) and I'm glad remote works on Android HTC Desire despite Klipsch marketing these as iPhone compatibile product. Out of the box middle button only works as play/pause. But after downloading official Klipsch Android app from the market I can also double click and triple click to change songs. Would love to get volume buttons to work but so far I'm happy without using them - maybe some day an app will come along to enable them.

Overall very happy with super quick delivery from Amazon and headphones themselves.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, but could be better, 29 Jun. 2011
timmym (Bath/Guernsey) - See all my reviews
I searched high and low for a decent pair of over-ear headphones that look decent and sound good.

I guess I did kinda find that in these klipsch headphones - they look fairly retro and have a nice sound, but they are not as comfortable as I would have hoped. Especially when I have glasses on! They can push against my glasses and cause reasonable amounts of pain to my head.

The sound quality, as said above, is good. Nothing to really write home about though. I was mildly disappointed by the bass, and the loundness in general.

What i will say, however, is that they are good headphones and worth considering. The problem with headphones now is that the price keeps going up exponentially so these actually fall into a reasonably low price range.

I really like the iphone/ipod control features and the handsfree calling aspect of the headphones, that makes them worth the asking price. Amazon also have them at a great saving from the apple store asking price too!

Good, but could be improved with slightly larger ear cups. Would love noise cancellation features too, but the price would then triple I guess..

5.0 out of 5 stars Another win from Klipsch, 17 Nov. 2010
I bought a pair of Klipsch s4 earphones last year for use with my iPod and have they have given me great service. The headphones for my stereo died a while back so when I saw that Klipsch had brought out an over ear headphone I decide that the time had come to make the purchase. As with my S4s it was a shade more than I had anticipated in spending but well worth it. The sound is wonderful, real bass authority without going over the top or getting muddy and the highs are bright and clear without being harsh. I don't get fatigued with the sound and they are a good fit for long term wear so you can listen to a couple of albums comfortably without your ears burning off. I've used the 3 button controller with my iPod and it is handy, when/if I go iPhone it'll get more use. The earpieces fold flat and there is a good quality case supplied so you can stick them on a shelf without the cable going everywhere, it would be handy for travel too. I've only had them a short time but the Image One has already made a fine impression on me.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome sound and the Controller Works with Mac's Too.., 27 Nov. 2011
Awesome sound, better than any Dr Dre stuff and crisper than my Bose with great Attack, A nice little touch is that the Apple Controller allows you to pause skip and control the volume on my MacBook Pro too, I'm guessing this is inherent to the Remote control part but is very handy. The ear cups are fairly small or are not ideal if your ears are big like mine!. Bur the sound is incredible, smooth, nice bass and mid tones too. i got these for £50 on the Black Friday Deal, very very pleased!

4.0 out of 5 stars Best value for money for now, 29 Nov. 2012
With the super cool design, i would say it is amazing but now with Beats getting better and Bose standing strong, the quality remains okay in comparison. The fitting on ear is extremely important. I think the fitting is comfortable but slightly weird as it doesnt clamp to my head completely. It does a great job in noise cancellation which i found contradicting to other reviews.

It is extremely light and it has a good solid feel(texture).

The only problem is this doesnt work with IPod Classic 2008!!! WTH. I have bought it for a great price or below market price so i dont complain much. The cable seemed fragile but it hasnt snap yet so i wouldnt say anything.

Some people been saying it has very strong bass or something but as an Audiophile (bose QC3, Bose Comp, Dr Dre pro.) i find this quite good already. I like the bass being deep while not muffling treble. If you can get hold of it at 80 pounds its definitely a bargain already.

Pros:Cheaper and yet better
Comfortable for most of the people
Very nice headband and of good quality (does break when pull around)
Very light (same as QC3? or lighter)
Good bass
Controller!
Come with a solid POUCH!!!
Posh look from the leather and the name!
well built for the quality and style.

Cons:Two wire
not compatible to some iPods
not perfect fitting for me hence not perfect noice cancellation
Lack of quality in depth for Treble but i would say good enough

5.0 out of 5 stars As good as you'll find for around the £100 mark (and now they cost much less than that), 24 Nov. 2012
O E J - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)
(At the time this review was first posted, these headphones sold on Amazon for about £100, but since then the price has come down substantially. This is because there is a replacement model for 2013 : the Klipsch Image ONE (II) On Ear Headphone - Black which I have not yet tried - but they cost twice the price of the 'Mark 1' version.)

These Klipsch Image Ones were bought to replace a pair of Shure SRH 440 Headphones, wired, and a quick A/B comparison between the two instantly revealed some (almost) astonishing improvements. The Shure set are quite good, but these are in a different league: the premier one. The immediate impression is a very welcome enhancement to depth and power; they're not very big and before I put them on I was a little apprehensive that they might fall short in this department. But they don't, and for blues and female R&B they really are a class act. The sound stage is nice and forward (not too much though), the clarity is excellent without any spikiness, and so far I have to say - even before they've been burned in - that they are way better than the SRH440 and also the highly-rated AUDIO TECHNICA ATH-AD700 and Sennheiser PXC 250-II both of which currently sell for a very similar price.

I expect a lot of people have never heard of Klipsch but they should be reassured to learn that the company has a very good pedigree, making its name mainly in the field of loudspeakers - some of which sell for over £10,000. The company has been around for over 60 years and is highly regarded in up-market hifi systems.

First I tried these headphones with a Luxman amplifier using a CD source. Later I plugged them into an iPod Nano 5 so that I could also try out the controls fitted in-line with the cable. The options are fairly basic, for increasing and reducing volume, for cuing forwards (FF), and for pausing. As I don't have an iPhone I was unable to try the built-in microphone. I also listened to the iPod via a Pioneer STZ-D10Z-R Boombox with superb results, as it provided much more power and volume than the iPod on its own.

These compact headphones are extremely comfortable and offer powerful, detailed sound reproduction. Each lightweight, pivoting ear cup features premium leather and a special high-density memory foam for superior passive noise-isolation, which blocks out ambient noise and provides enhanced bass. Unlike noise-cancelling designs, the Image One does not require batteries. Just plug them into any device with a standard 3.5mm headphone jack and you're ready to enjoy the full impact of your tunes.

The Image ONE stereo headphone is also one of the first on-ear headphones to feature an Apple-based mic and three-button remote system for taking calls and controlling music on iPods, iPhones or iPads. The controls are positioned at the cable yoke -- where the two cables meet at chest level -- to create a more natural feel when answering calls and controlling music. The mic is a highly intelligible 360 degree design with echo cancellation, so your voice will be heard crystal clear without having to talk down, or directly, into it.

Furthermore, because cable durability is so important, Klipsch has gone to great lengths to make the Image ONE cables both robust and discreet. The Image ONE features thicker cable to help minimize unwanted tangling. The cable is also molded into the plug for improved strain relief. These headphones have undergone extensive resistance and strength testing to ensure they stack up to virtually every real-world scenario.

The Image ONE comes in a sleek black finish with chrome and leather highlights. It comes with a 2-year warranty and includes an airline adaptor, ¼" adaptor and premium carrying case. There is no extension cable included.

In summary I reckon these are the best 'phones you're likely to hear for under a ton, and to get better SQ you'll need to spend a fair chunk more than that. Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars How to re-attach foam cups!, 11 Jan. 2013
I've had these headphones for 1.5 years and in that time the foam cups have come off a few times. I noticed people rating these headphones poorly cited this problem as they couldn't get them back on. When it first happened to me, I contacted Klipsch and they provided a link on youtube on a method to fix it. I unfortunately, can't provide a direct link on here however if you search "Klipsch Image ONE - Ear Cup Reattachment" on youtube, the first link should be the one by user "KlipschAudio".

It took me a fair few minutes on my first attempt, however now if it happens it takes me less than a minute to get it back on. Some of you may say that it shouldn't happen at all, but I'm merely posting this to aid those who are trying to fix it.

Hope it helps!

P.S. As an actual review of the headphones I find them really good quality even after a year and a half. Although, unfortunately the remote has developed a fault but I am currently going through the 2 year warranty they offer to get this fixed, so will update this to comment on their customer service!

P.P.S. I had a little trouble with customer service as I had to go back and forth between Amazon and Klipsch to establish who was liable due to it being over a year but below the full 2 year warranty, however it has finally been resolved and Amazon is sending me a new pair! So overall, fantastic quality headphones with a very decent warranty!