5.0 out of 5 stars My first expensive pair of headphones
This is the first time I've spent more than £50 on a pair of headphones. i was tired of ear buds falling out while walking, or the plastic cup bits coming off in my handbag etc etc. I've been toying with the idea of getting some on ear ones for a while but was reluctant as I didn't want to look like some music genius as I walked to work in my suit and high heels...
Published on 28 Feb. 2011 by M. O'Neill

3.0 out of 5 stars Heavy Bass
I have a pair of B&W P5's but found that during extended use they hurt my ears so was looking for headphones that cupped the ears more.

I tried the Klipsch headphones at the apple store and found them to be considerably more comfortable purely because they do not put any pressure on the actual ears.

The build quality is very good but I did notice...
Published on 5 May 2011 by Stuart Duncan

5.0 out of 5 stars My first expensive pair of headphones, 28 Feb. 2011
M. O'Neill (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Klipsch Image One On-Ear Headphones with 3-Button Mic for iPhone/iPod - Black / Silver / Leather (Electronics)
However a trip to the Apple Store ended up with me walking out with these headphones and a new iPod. These headphones are a revelation, I'm hearing nuances in tracks that I've never noticed before. They're very comfortable they don't feel too bulky on and the carry case is a plus, sleek and easily fits in my bag. Looking forward to trying them on a plane. For me they cut out just enough noise. I can still hear announcements on the tube etc and not sit there like a numpty when everyone else has heard it terminates at the next station. I can still hear what's going on in the office, but can happily listen to some calming music if I want to crack on with a piece of work.
All in all very pleased - just wish I'd bought them on Amazon, would have got them for £30 cheaper than I paid at the Apple Store!

5.0 out of 5 stars Stunning, 15 Sept. 2012
As the title of my review suggests, these headphones are stunning. They exceed everything I expected from Klipsch headphones, and having owned a pair of in ear headphones, and an iPod dock for over a year, my expectations where already high.

They come in packaging that befit their price and have a very useable and what I am sure will prove to be durable hard shell case to transport them. The case has a compartment for accessories - these headphones come with a large jack adapter and a headphone adapter for aircraft.

I have fairly large ears, and all I can say is that these are exceptionally comfortable, something that is not as easy to achieve with me as I wear glasses. The ear foam is soft and supportive, and the headband is snug without being overly tight. For comfort I have to give them 5 stars.

If I was impressed before I plugged them in, I promise that that is nothing compared to what it was like when I took them for a test drive so to speak...

I have tried them on an iPhone 4S, an iPad 2 and a MacBook Pro, and I can report that the remote works with all of them. I have also used them with a Pure digital radio.

Listening to a piano solo, on flat EQ allows you to hear the mid range of these cans. Here they a bright, but not tinny, even at high volume. The lower end of the piano is reinforced by the exceptional bass these cans can provide.

Music in general is stunning through these phones. They give punchy bass that has fantastic tonal qualities rather than just a rumble for effect. Rolling bass lines are clear and harmonious. Others have commented that there is too much bass, I would disagree - the bass if of such quality that it is a treat to listen too. Mids are death with with applomb. Rhythm guitar is clear and sharp, and allows the highs to be heard over it.

These are stunning, to look at, to listen too, and much better than the £150 Bose equivelants which I admit, I was originally intending to buy, but was so underwhelmed I returned to Klipsch, and I assure you if I ever need another set of oer the head headphones, in ear headphones, or a new iPod dock, I will be looking no where but Klipsch. I don't believe there is another manufacturer that offers so much bang for your buck.

5.0 out of 5 stars An extremely good product from a lesser heard of company, 6 Mar. 2011
I first purchased the Beats Solo HD by Dre. I would not class myself as an audiophile, however having spent just shy of £900 on audio equipment in the last year or so I believe I can tell the difference between good speakers and bad speakers quite well. The Solo HDs have extremely muddy mids and highs. Even average audio enthusiasts will notice this. I therefore returned them to the Apple store and replaced them with these Klipsch's.

My word, these headphones are MILES better. This is a subjective opinion (of over 10 people I have tested) and objective I believe. They are also 30 odd pounds cheaper. I guarantee anyone who purchases these headphones will be very pleased with their sound quality. The bass is very impressive and extremely tight (I'm a hip hop fan so bass is extremely important and I am more than pleased). The mids and highs are also SPOT on. They sound very clear, do not sound processed and easily complement any genre of music. (Jazz is also a favourite of mine so good quality highs and mids are important).

The only downsides I can see about these headphones is the fact that there is a cable running from both the left and right earphones, but that is a very minor issue and in NO way should swing the decision on purchasing them. The other downside being that there is a little bit of sound leakage at really high volumes so if you're in a lecture for example and decide music is more interesting than Java coding (for example!) then the people around may not be pleased. In the majority of situations, however, this will probably not be an issue. You will be very pleased if you purchase these. Hope I helped :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Another win from Klipsch, 17 Nov. 2010
I bought a pair of Klipsch s4 earphones last year for use with my iPod and have they have given me great service. The headphones for my stereo died a while back so when I saw that Klipsch had brought out an over ear headphone I decide that the time had come to make the purchase. As with my S4s it was a shade more than I had anticipated in spending but well worth it. The sound is wonderful, real bass authority without going over the top or getting muddy and the highs are bright and clear without being harsh. I don't get fatigued with the sound and they are a good fit for long term wear so you can listen to a couple of albums comfortably without your ears burning off. I've used the 3 button controller with my iPod and it is handy, when/if I go iPhone it'll get more use. The earpieces fold flat and there is a good quality case supplied so you can stick them on a shelf without the cable going everywhere, it would be handy for travel too. I've only had them a short time but the Image One has already made a fine impression on me.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome sound and the Controller Works with Mac's Too.., 27 Nov. 2011
Awesome sound, better than any Dr Dre stuff and crisper than my Bose with great Attack, A nice little touch is that the Apple Controller allows you to pause skip and control the volume on my MacBook Pro too, I'm guessing this is inherent to the Remote control part but is very handy. The ear cups are fairly small or are not ideal if your ears are big like mine!. Bur the sound is incredible, smooth, nice bass and mid tones too. i got these for £50 on the Black Friday Deal, very very pleased!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great headphones for a great price, 26 Nov. 2011
Purchased these as a part of Black Friday deal for £49.99 on Amazon. I was looking for good headphones and wanted to get Beats Solo HD but just couldn't convince myself to pay £150 for these...
Order Klipsch based on many reviews here on Amazon and also on US Amazon and I am not disappointed! Great sound (although I'm not really audiophile) and I'm glad remote works on Android HTC Desire despite Klipsch marketing these as iPhone compatibile product. Out of the box middle button only works as play/pause. But after downloading official Klipsch Android app from the market I can also double click and triple click to change songs. Would love to get volume buttons to work but so far I'm happy without using them - maybe some day an app will come along to enable them.

Overall very happy with super quick delivery from Amazon and headphones themselves.

3.0 out of 5 stars Heavy Bass, 5 May 2011

The build quality is very good but I did notice that on the demo models at the apple store the matt finish on the frame had worn off so is something to keep in mind but remember that the apple ones would be getting handled a lot.

None of the parts of the headphone are removable/replaceable and there is a cable from each ear cup that joins to a remote that controls the track skip/call answer, volume on the iphone/ipod etc. Personally I didn't like the amount of cables especially after using my P5's with the one cable that comes from the left each cup but again this will be user preference.

In terms of sound I found the Klipsch to be too bassy. I do like to hear the bass in my music but I found it too overpowering in the majority of songs. In some cases it was starting to leave distortion which left me to turn put on the iPhone sound check to level the volumes and to change the EQ settings to something less heavy. I tried to persist over a couple of sessions but was still left feeling that the bass on these headphones is too much and that I preferred the more neutral sound from the P5.

Sure the price difference makes the P5 in a different league but I would still try and demo a pair of these headphones before you buy. The heavy bass might be your thing but it wasn't for me.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent if your socket will work with it., 28 May 2014
Single-line version:
Sound quality extremely good. Get a headset splitter for devices not designed for headsets.

Many-line version:
The ending plug on this is "RHJ" type. Some sockets seem to have issues with this and require you to hold the mic button. If this is the case they probably are designed only for headphones, not a headset, and I reccomend you buy a splitter for mic and phones as I did (I got the "StarTech 3.5mm 4 Pin to 2x 3 Pin 3.5mm Headset Splitter")

Now, to the actual review.
I didn't buy these to use the microphone or buttons, I don't even have an apple product to use them with. I just bought as headphones and I was not disappointed. What can I say, they look good, sound amazing and are quite comfortable (I found they got more comfortable after the first day or two of wearing). It's like hearing all the sounds as they actually are supposed to be. Something I noticed quite quickly is that these can do the cinematic rumbling of bass frequencies - my previous headphones could go that low but not with this much detail. If I have any issues with the sound, I think they are a little too flattering to poorly-mixed music. Recordings may not be as good as they seem on these. I'm also sure that more money would buy you more detail. And yes, the bass is louder than it should be, but that's generally not a problem unless you listen to orchestral music where it is occasionally a bit overpowering.
Frankly, none of those are justifiable score-impacting complaints for the £54 I paid.
I definitely recommend these (and that splitter!) for the price.
Oh, and they also come with a nice carry case. And a 3.5mm to quarter-inch adapter. And an aeroplane adapter. And a manual that tells you you can use it as aviation equipment in an emergency.

If anyone's interested, each headphone gives 32 ohms DC resistance.

Update: I recently had the chance to try a pair of Beats Solo 2 headphones, which are £169.99 new, and I just couldn't help feeling they didn't quite match up to these. Very detailed, but I wouldn't feel entirely comfortable saying they were definitely better.

4.0 out of 5 stars Heavy on bass but not your wallet, 4 Mar. 2012
Just bought these from amazon after reading reviews. I like them, they look good, feel good and sound even better. They are focused on the bass end which I like and the sound is crisp and sweet in the mid to high end. However, after all the reviews no one thought to say that the track select and fast forward rewind don't work with iPod 80GB bit of a disappointment to me but one I can live with as they do sound great
Look a bit odd on a bald head...

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than my Boses, 27 Nov. 2011
I bought these headphones to replace the Bose on ear ones I foolishly left on a plane ... anyhoo they are great. Although I'm no JayZ, I can say that I love the sound, it's rich, clear and as good the ones I lost. Where these trump my Boses (that are probably adorning the ears of a Madrid aeroplane cleaner as we speak), is the comfort factor ... as these are still comfortable after extended wear. Klipsch on rocking!