4.0 out of 5 stars Klipsch Image S5i
I Bought these headphones a while ago.
The set contains several earpieces to adjust a tight fitting inside the ears and it is easy to change the earpieses to find a fit that suits your ears.

Easy to use remote (Working for Apple products only)

Exellent sound and built quality
Published on 7 Feb 2012 by Jakob 2616

3.0 out of 5 stars Heavy controls
I purchased these to replace my well-used Klipsh S3i headphones. I chose these as I had been pleased with the sound quality and comfort of the S3i headphones.

Published 17 months ago by Alison

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

3.0 out of 5 stars Heavy controls, 25 Nov 2012
Alison "girlrunning" (Derbyshire, UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Klipsch Image S5i Rugged Headphones with 3-Button Mic for iPhone/iPod- Rubber / Black (Electronics)

Unfortunately these latest model have not lived up to my expectations. A little clip is included with these headphones so that you can clip them to your clothes and position the microphone and controls. The problem with the clip is that it does not stay attached to the headphones and falls off. I managed to retrieve the clip a few times after it fell off, but the inevitable happened and the clip fell off and was lost. I didn't think this would matter so much, but the controls are relatively heavy and pull on the headphones. This results in pulling the ear-buds out of my ears. The movement of the controls also bangs against the cabling making annoying knocking sounds up into my ears. So without the clip the earphones are not particularly usable when walking.

The headphones can be worn in two positions - standard and sport. The sport position involves putting the buds in upside down and hooking the cables over the ears. Unfortunately the cables do not stay in place and eventually pull on the buds, making them extremely uncomfortable (although in this position, they are much more secure and fall out less).

If you do not lose the clip these are good headphones but without the clip they are not fully functional.

4.0 out of 5 stars Klipsch Image S5i, 7 Feb 2012
I Bought these headphones a while ago.

Easy to use remote (Working for Apple products only)

Exellent sound and built quality

1.0 out of 5 stars NOT rugged enough, 23 Oct 2012
Felix Cheese (London, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This is the first review I've ever put up about any product here on amazon but thought I might share my opinion on these headphones. I brought these since I needed some rugged headphones for cycling and at the gym. I was very disappointed. The sound quality is good but I've had 2 pairs fall apart on me within 6 months. I didn't put them under any really heavy duty use but still they failed. The first pair after about 3 months and then the replacement also within 3 months.

The remote is far too heavy and really irritates since it drags the buds out your ears far too often after the slightest movement. The detachable clip helps but since it's detachable it's easily lost. Even in sport positioning there is considerable pull and cable rubbing noise.

As I said the sound is decent however they just aren't strong enough so I've now opted for a pair of Sony DREX300IPB and 3 months later they're still going strong. Equal if not slightly better sound quality too and almost a third of the price I paid for these "rugged" headphones so even though they might not be "rugged" if they last a year I won't be too annoyed if they fail after that since they're so much cheaper. On the upside amazon gave me a refund no problem so great customer service. Hope this helps.

1.0 out of 5 stars Rugged.? Unfortunately not, overpriced?? Definitely yes, 17 Dec 2013
Based in Ireland but living in remote africa I purchased a pair of klipsch headphones prior to my departure on a 12 month contract 1 year ago. I first purchased the s5i rugged headphones, initially I found them excellent, loved the sound, weight, comfort etc and used them regularly (2-3 times per week) for cycling, hiking etc unfortunately after three months the sound went in one ear phone. Thinking that perhaps it was a once off product failure (given the extremely high price and consistently positive reviews) and as I was unable to return them for repair (living in a country with no post service to speak of) I took the risk and ordered a second pair sending them to a colleague in the uk who was coming out to visit my work site.,, this time I opted for the s4i. Again the sound etc was great however after 4 months of moderate usage one earphone packed up again. I think the problem is with the headphone plug, as if you manipulate the cable at the plug end sound returns but goes again if you let go. This should be rectified by klipsch, it is entirely unacceptable to charge extortionate prices for a defective product that breaks after mild use - never mind the cheek to call it "rugged"....

4.0 out of 5 stars Good sound!, 24 Mar 2013
Good sound- best I've had (comparable to sub 80 sennheisers). Strong bass and good clarity. For me the rubbing noise from the cords when moving is annoying and the remote is way too big. If it was so big it should have had the clip built in on the backside of the remote.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great sound at this price., 22 Feb 2013
Great and easy to use while cycling.
The only dificulty for me was to much the right ear tips for my ears.
Once I found the right ones the sound "took off"
-I only managed great sound with the "sports fit" suggested in the manual.-

4.0 out of 5 stars Quality Earphones., 7 Jan 2013
I chose these phones as a replacement for my excellent S4i's that had been through 3 years of hard everyday use. The S5i's seem more robust, being the 'rugged' version, and have wire thats seems a little thicker and sturdier and also much longer so it doesn't pull taught when in a trouser pocket. The quality of sound is very good being used with iPhone, and they come supplied with 4 sizes of buds to fit most earholes! The only major difference is the control panel is much larger, about 2'' in length, probably to used though ski gloves as the advertisements show.

Pros - Quality sound, sturdier wires, good value

Cons - None.

Maybe - The control panel may be a little indiscreet for some, but that's not a problem for me.

4.0 out of 5 stars Sound very good, comfort getting there, 5 Jun 2012
H. Santiago (London) - See all my reviews
It appears that slowly the earplugs adjust to the size within your ear therefore you can get the best sound once up and running. I use them at the gym for working out with weights and the tridmill and running outside.

5.0 out of 5 stars Recommend to anyone, 16 Jan 2012
These headphones are great. I use them all the time and they were well worth the price. Bass is solid and the sound isolators are so good I occasionally use them in plant rooms. Quality stuff

3.0 out of 5 stars Excellent sound, but.., 2 Dec 2011
Yasser (Dublin, Ireland) - See all my reviews
These produce impressive sound, and they are very comfortable to wear. However, they have the following issues:
1) Internal noise: If you're listening to classical/chillout music, you will notice high internal noise (from the cables). You could solve that with the "sports" fit which is described in the manual, but that has an issue too.
2) "sports" fit: is a joke. They advise you to tilt the earbuds up and put the wire behind your ear, which at first seems to be a great idea. However, once you start walking (not even jogging), the wire is likely to get out of place. You'll spend your walk fixing the wire behind your ear..
3) controls: they're great, but a bit too heavy without the clip.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›