on 2 May 2013
Bought for a U2412M - honestly took longer to open the packaging than it took to clip it on the monitor (as per other mentions, it's a fantastic monitor)

Probably would look nicer if it was full width of the screen but certainly not a bad look, I guess they didn't want to make versions for each screen size.

There is a thin vertical strip of light in the center of the bar when it's switched on - I don't notice it too much but it's a tad annoying -- I fail to see why Dell didn't put a small LED in one of the corners.

Taking one star off due to a few design irritations - the product itself serves the purpose of adding speakers whilst maintaining a clean look, avoiding more cables around the desk and saves a power socket from being taken up - highly recommended and well worth the money!
on 2 February 2015
To be honest, you probably shouldn't have to buy one of these.... Fits easily & works as expected. 2x headphone sockets, the volume control also adjusts headphone levels too; easier than fiddling around with media keyboard/software controls.
on 6 June 2016
Apparently does not mach with all dell Ultrasharp :(
on 29 August 2014
Looks great and I find the sound quality perfectly fine for watching movies/listening to music while I work - certainly much better than my laptop speakers. Very good value! Extra points for the hilarious German translation of the instructions, which tells you to glue the speaker onto the monitor screen and then roll around clockwise to turn it on.
on 17 December 2013
Its is a great idea and clips directly onto supported monitors.
It also has its own volume control and on/off switch. Personally I like the white LED when it is switched on.
Even for a built-in powered amplifier it is a bit quiet and sound quality is only so-so.
on 7 November 2015
I have a Dell U3011 which I bought this sound bar for.

The sound bar is great.

Note that the sound bar has a white LED in the middle of it's front, which is illuminated constantly and will only switch off if the sound bar manual volume control knob is rotated to off or if the monitor is manually powered off.
on 11 February 2014
I'm actually surprised by how good this is for £12, it's clear and loud enough for normal use and you're probably not going to get better for cheaper.
There's a power cable which plugs directly into my Dell U2412M, and a longer 3.5mm cable running to the back of my PC, no other accessories or wires necessary. It clips into place so no screws needed, has 2 3.5mm jacks on the left side and a volume knob on the right. I wish I got it earlier!
on 4 July 2013
So easy to connect, the sound is crystal clear, its perfect for my needs.
I'm only a general user though, i haven't cranked it up to the max and tried to play my music through it or anything like that.
on 9 April 2016
This is the eprfect soundbar from my Dell Monitor which doesn't come with any sound.

It looks really awesome and compact with my monitor; infact my monitor looks even better now.

I used this when I play Playstation 3, and the sound quality is superb!
on 10 August 2011
This is my second Soundbar (previous one is used on another Dell screen). Sound is good (but not of audiophile quality), and volume is reasonably loud.

The fact that the speakers go into standby when the display does makes it very easy to use.