4.0 out of 5 stars Neat and tidy
These speakers clip onto the bottom of my Dell UltraSharp 2007FPW. They fit perfectly.

The sound is fair: I wasn't expecting anything spectacular. I just want to be able to hear the sound to the odd youtube video every now and then.

Things that are good about the speakers:
- neat and tidy - when clipped to the bottom of the monitor, the...
Published on 22 Feb 2011 by AmazonAddicts

3.0 out of 5 stars Not for music
Horses for courses - it is neat and tidies up all those cables - perfectly adequate for speech and those irritating 'ding' sounds when you do something wrong but for music it is abysmal.
Published 20 months ago by JohnB

4.0 out of 5 stars Neat and tidy, 22 Feb 2011
This review is from: Dell AX510 Soundbar Speaker for Ultrasharp and Other Monitors with Pass Through Connector (Accessory)

Things that are good about the speakers:
- neat and tidy - when clipped to the bottom of the monitor, the cables can be mostly hidden and there is no need for a separate power brick
- powers off when the monitor powers off or goes into power-saving (no need to worry about forgetting to switch off the speakers)

What's a bit annoying: the speakers power off when the monitor goes into power-saving mode. Keep this in mind if you intend to play music from your computer and not actually type or use the mouse.

(Note that these speakers require power from the monitor so they will not work with all Dell monitors.)

4.0 out of 5 stars Neat and Tidy Too!, 25 Feb 2011
R. Mussett - See all my reviews
I can only agree with the review by F Tang who has summed it up perfectly. I actually binned a set of half decent 2.1 speakers in favour of this soundbar in order to reduce the ever increasing number of cables behind my desk which, when I am not watching, knit themselves into a medium sized cardigan.
The sound is not as good but as I normally use headphones for music I was happy to trade this for a clear desktop.
Incidentally, for Dell monitors without the pass through connector the soundbar is exactly the same but includes a power adapter.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not for music, 9 Nov 2012

5.0 out of 5 stars For a Dell U2412M - this is exactly what I hoped it would be!, 21 July 2012
PT (Hants, UK) - See all my reviews
I recently bought a DELL 24" U2412M monitor (which I'm very happy with) and only subsequently found out about this "soundbar".

My little Logitech speakers were OK but the tangle of wires really annoyed me (and I've knocked one of the speakers off the desk more than once!) so this DELL AX510 Soundbar seemed like a good solution.

However, there was more than a little hesitation on my part because the DELL website (and other places) didn't have the U2412M in the list of compatible monitors. The more expensive DELL AY511 Soundbar (with "virtual sound") DID have the U2412M on its compatible list but (presumably because it's more powerful!) it could not be connected to the monitor's pass-through power socket. I didn't need better sound and I definitely wanted to avoid another power "brick" littering my floor and using electricity even when the computer was switched off.

BUT, the U2412M DOES have a pass-through power socket and DOES have the two little fixings for attaching a soundbar. I therefore took a chance and ordered the AX510 on Amazon for an excellent price of £16.99 (including delivery) from Silicon Connect Ltd. The parcel arrived three days later, impressively protected in bubble wrap. I think I took longer extracting the soundbar from the wrapping than I did attaching it to the U2412M and connecting it up to the computer.

Needless to say, it works absolutely fine and I'm very pleased with my purchase.

4.0 out of 5 stars Not bad for the price, 1 Dec 2011
D. Payne (Midlands, UK) - See all my reviews
For the money, this Soundbar does the job and attaches nicely to my DELL 23" screen. The sound quality is never going to impress the audiofile community, but for general use and casual gaming is fine.

BTW - I have noticed that it does tend to pick up a lot of interference from mobile phones, so I don't advise placing one anywhere near to the Soundbar.

4.0 out of 5 stars My review, 7 Oct 2011
If you're buying this speaker make sure you get a power adaptor. I got the speaker but couldn't plug it in anywhere, which made it pretty useless. I ended up sending it back and finding someone who sold both the speaker and the power adaptor. The sound quality is fine and good enough to listen to music and videos, so it is a decent speaker.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Value, 24 Dec 2012
Took me 2 minutes to fit to my Dell 2312. Easy peasy. Sound ok for my purposes & so neat sitting under my monitor.
very pleased with my purchase.

4.0 out of 5 stars What it says on the tin, 17 Sep 2012
Despite some confusion in other posts this did fit my U2412M screen.
The desk is now much tidier and I have a spare power socket.
But the sound is mot as good as the desk mounted speakers I had before so it is a straight trade off between sound quality and tidiness. I'm going for the latter.

5.0 out of 5 stars What a surprise, 25 Aug 2012
Graham B (Hampshire UK) - See all my reviews
At the price and having read other reviews, I did not have very high expectations. What a pleasant surprise! The tone is very good, as is the volume. One reviewer had complained the sound was not very loud. If I am playing music, with the sound turned up, I can hear it clearly in the next room. Perhaps that reviewer had not adjusted the volume on his PC.

It fits neatly and easily to the base of the monitor.

What a refreshing change to have a good, old fashioned on/off and volume knob on the side of the speaker.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great alternative to desk speakers for Dell Business monitor users, 18 July 2012
Easy to install on my Dell U2311H, just clips right into the mounting sockets on the back of screen. Built solidly enough. Surprisingly pleasant audio quality and good volume, although not much bass (I didn't expect or want much bass, it travels too much in my house, making these speakers especially useful at night) and the central white power LED behind the grill is far less annoying than I expected it to be, in fact I hardly notice it when using the monitor. It even looks quite nice. The two headphone jacks on the left side are a nice touch aswell.