5.0 out of 5 stars A must for all users who are serious about unix, 23 Dec 2002
This review is from: Unix Power Tools (Paperback)
There isn't a single unix book better than this, but if you are an unix adminstrator like the previous guy who review the book, you're looking at the wrong book. This book has earned it's book title with pride.
I have had the book for over 5 years, i still refer to it now and again, i am a developer and have found that I was not leveraging the full potential for the operating system, however this book puts me back on track. I have had 3 years of unix exp. before buying the book most of the elementary thing i didn't need and other stuff was not appealing at first, I expected more, but there is more just that i didn't know until I had more commercial experience.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great examples and excellent for referencing., 19 Mar 2008
This review is from: Unix Power Tools (Paperback)
Still a great book... A real joy to read ( for any geek ). Constantly shown how to save key stokes and the power of gnu tools. I now insist on having cygwin on windows so I can utilise the ease of control gained from reading this book.... This book is the best I've seen for layout and referencing.... It spoils you for reading other books. I read oreily's bash and regex after this and felt I had wasted my time because this book had covered so much, any extra details I could have just googled.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, 1 Sep 2011
Good book. Delivered on time. A little older (2002) than I thought but its still relevant.

Definitely a good resource and a unique reading (cross-reference) style. Go for it....better still, if there is a newer edition

5.0 out of 5 stars seeing is believing, 4 April 2011
Michail Poultsakis (UK, Greece) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Unix Power Tools (Paperback)
I had heard so many rumors and comments on UNIX POWER TOOLS that I decided to grab myself a copy. OK, whatever you hear about this book, believe it! It is a hinty/tippy/optimizer book that will make you dig into unix as much as possible and provide you with a deep insight on OS architecture. Still in progress but my opinion is settled: Brilliant!

Unix Power Tools: 100