5.0 out of 5 stars Spreadsheet unfurled, 1 Aug 2011
BruceB (Surrey, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Excel 2010: The Missing Manual (Kindle Edition)
I've used Excel for over 20 years in a limited way, never straying from some fairly simple functionality.

More recently I have installed it on an iMac, as well as using the Windows version, and I wanted a book to show me some of the function that I now want to explore - pivot tables, text processing, etc.

Having used Missing Manual books for iPhoto and iMovie, I looked first in the same series for one on Excel, and it does not disappoint in any way. The material is logically presented and well explained.

As always, I bought the book in Kindle format, so I can carry it about on public transport, or around the house. The ability to synchronise the place I am at between an iPad, iPhone and both the iMac and Windows systems is a major benefit.

A really good book series, and I recommend this one for anyone wanting to gain a wider knowledge of Excel.

5.0 out of 5 stars First-rate manual for Excel users, 28 Mar 2011
Ray "raybx" (BROADSTONE, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
Comprehensive, very well-written and laid out and with lots of examples and illustrations. Good value and I would not be without it. Will answer your queries on almost anything in Excel.

5.0 out of 5 stars Makes my spreadsheet life a lot easier, 16 May 2013
J. H. D. Steele "Wraakian" (Manchester, Lancashire United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Excel 2010: The Missing Manual (Kindle Edition)
Being a great fan of the old Lotus 123 but having to change to MS Excel gave me a headache until I read 'The Missing Manual' which has been a great help and learning companion.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good extension of learning, 28 Feb 2013
This review is from: Excel 2010: The Missing Manual (Kindle Edition)
I'm reading this book at a fairly leisurely pace. I'm through the first section on the basics and have already added much to what I thought I knew. I gave it four stars for what I've already experienced. It's clear, explains well without being wordy, and inserts screen shots at appropriate moments. However, these are visually easier to integrate with the pace of reading on the Kindle app for PC than they are on my iPad where the separation of graphic and text it illustrates can take a bit of effort to combine. If I get to the more advanced sections and can fulfill my aim of writing spreadsheets that get me a shot at a promotion, I'll come back and give it 5+. Great so far, and I've got the companion Missing Manual on Access to digest yet. After the journey so far with this manual, I'm looking forward to it.

4.0 out of 5 stars It's the best book I found with some more advance info however ..., 2 July 2014
This was nearly half the price on amazon then WH Smiths! It's the best book I found with some more advance info however I do sometimes still use google to help me as it's clearer & easier. Still a great buy & good to have a reference book.

4.0 out of 5 stars Help with Excel, 24 Nov 2012
I needed to improve my knowledge and skills when using Excel and was recommended this book. It did not disappoint.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excel 2010 The missing Manual, 21 Nov 2012
Ms. T. Wilson - See all my reviews
The was for one of the partner at work and he likes it and has not come back with anything. This is the cheapest place at get it. The delivery was really quick and was nicely on his desk for him coming back from a day off.

Excel 2010: The Missing Manual