Colour Name: Black|Change

on 7 February 2011
I spent ages looking for a good pair of headphones for my iPhone 4 that didn't cost the earth.
I came across these and thought being Panasonic I'd give them a go.
First impressions were that although the buds and remote looked good quality the cable and 3.5mm jack plug made the whole product look cheap.
The cable is very thin and where they have been clamped in the packaging it has left dents in it. They may come out eventually but it looks bad to begin with.
The jack plug is at 90 degrees unlike the apple headphones. (Just for info)
Now to the operation....
They sound excellent! Rich base and good all round sound.
They come with 3 different size buds which makes them fit well and block out most external noise.
The remote functions as it should and matches all of apple's features. It is a bit bigger than apple's but thats not necessarily a bad thing.
Overall a great product a little let down by the cable and plug but still sounds awesome, works as it should and at under £20 everyones a winner.
on 17 November 2012
I like the sound quality of these headphones, although I did find putting in in-ear headphones a bit fiddly at first. Even if they come out slightly, sound isn't badly affected. As has been noted (& maybe I should have paid more attention) the cable is thin, bordering on frail, hopefully this won't prove to be too much of a problem. The ipod controller buttons are sturdier than the ipod shuffle controller, which can only be a good thing.

I am not so confident of the microphone, (only tested on a blackberry so far), but will update once retested & tested on a few more phones.

I didn't get a chance to test on other phones as they stopped working one day! Instead of getting a replacement pair, I opted for Sony DREX12IPB Headset with In-Line Remote for iPod/iPhone/iPad. Colossal mistake. Stick with the Panasonic much better product.
on 15 October 2012
for only about £12 these are really perfectly good and unlike other in-ear earphones are actually shaped to fit in your ear better! however, i bought them to use with my iphone 3G (super old!) and an ipod classic 80g and although i can hear music through them, the remote control does not work which is a bit annoying as that means i still have to fish my phone / ipod out of my bag or pocket whenever i need to adjust the volume. but apart from that all fine and at £12 really not bad at all.
on 11 April 2012
I got these because I found that having to bring the touchscreen of my ipod Touch back to life every time I want to skip a track is a pain. The control unit on these Panasonic earphones has small buttons. Two for volume control and one that you press once for pause, twice to skip forward, and three times to skip back. They need to be pressed right in and I can only do it with a finger nail, but they do work. As the microphone has to be near the mouth the control unit is in the wire only a few inches from your right ear, but this means you can't see it without removing the earpiece from your ear. Difficult to find the right button just by touch. Sound quality can be down to personal preference. To my ears the sound is very thin and uninvolving compared to the JVC HAFX1X EXTREME earphones I have been using, but they don't have a remote.
on 20 June 2015
OMG! I have had this pair of earphones for way over a year now and believe it or not they are still working, the quality on these are amazing.

The first thing I realised after putting them on is the comfort and its ability to fit perfectly inside my ear canal, the music quality is also phenomenal with the bass having a lovely oomph for such a cheap pair of earphones.

The earphones for some reason haven't got lost like my other earphones for some weird reason, one could be I love them so much I keep a watchful eye over them or the other being that they just are the earphones from heaven.

Overall I am extremely pleased with this, the microphone capability is a plus even though I hardly use it but I do expect that a lot of people may be very mic focused.
on 5 January 2014
I bought these to be able to use the remote control - mainly for volume and skipping tracks. I didn't take into consideration that it had a mic which I suppose if I'd thought it out, has to be near the mouth. The remote is about 4 inches from your ear so you cannot see what button you're pressing. The last headphones I had with volume control were Sony and the control on those hung half way on the bottom section so looking at the buttons was no problem. Not sure if this Panasonic is design fault or my fault for buying the wrong thing, but what I do know is that having a volume switch where you can't see it is next to useless. The sound quality is ok though I tried to compare sound with the Apple Ipod Phones which came with the Ipod and I failed to discern any difference. However, Panasonic headphones were more comfortable with the buds. Maybe if you need these to use in conjunction with a phone they'll do the job but if you need them for volume and track control, my advice is not to bother.
on 3 May 2014
I tried the as an alternative to apple head phones. The best point is that they block out external sound. As I often use mine in a noisy environment I can still hear music clearly. You just have to remember to take them out eg at the shops to avoid shouting at people!

Bad point is the controls are not as tactile as apple - harder to distinguish between the buttons
on 4 June 2014
The description said these were made specially for i-phone / i-pod, but I thought the volume control would still work on my android phone: it doesn't. The other button which starts and pauses the music and picks up the line works, but the design of the buttons (all three of them) means that you need to press really hard for them to work. I would recommend not clipping your nails too short to operate these!
on 21 July 2014
They're just too quiet.
When you have Prodigy playing at full blast and can hear the rowing machine over it, when you're on the watt bike and you can hear the inane conversation of those sat next to you, when you're outside running and you can hear the traffic as you're out running you know the headphones are too damned quiet.
on 25 February 2014
These earphones work even better than the default earphones i got with my smartphone and they have lasted me for quite some time now with no problem whatsoever regarding connection, volume and comfort. They fit well (and come in different sized earbuds just in case) and sound quality is good enough for a day-to-day usage. As long as the user isn't too picky about "being able to hear everything" in the music, these earphones are definitely recommended.

The only con to them is that the volume rockers do not work with my smartphone (HTC). However, they do work fine with iPhone (tested). To me, they aren't deal breakers but it's just something worth noting. Hope this helps future buyers!