4.0 out of 5 stars Not Bad but one minor niggle.
I spent ages looking for a good pair of headphones for my iPhone 4 that didn't cost the earth.
I came across these and thought being Panasonic I'd give them a go.
First impressions were that although the buds and remote looked good quality the cable and 3.5mm jack plug made the whole product look cheap.
The cable is very thin and where they have been...
Published on 7 Feb 2011 by funkyfearny

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing
Published on 11 April 2012 by Bob

4.0 out of 5 stars Not Bad but one minor niggle., 7 Feb 2011
This review is from: Panasonic Canal In-Ear Stereo Headphones with iPhone Control and mic - Black (Electronics)
I came across these and thought being Panasonic I'd give them a go.
The cable is very thin and where they have been clamped in the packaging it has left dents in it. They may come out eventually but it looks bad to begin with.
The jack plug is at 90 degrees unlike the apple headphones. (Just for info)
Now to the operation....
They sound excellent! Rich base and good all round sound.
They come with 3 different size buds which makes them fit well and block out most external noise.
The remote functions as it should and matches all of apple's features. It is a bit bigger than apple's but thats not necessarily a bad thing.
Overall a great product a little let down by the cable and plug but still sounds awesome, works as it should and at under 20 everyones a winner.

4.0 out of 5 stars good for the price, 15 Oct 2012
for only about 12 these are really perfectly good and unlike other in-ear earphones are actually shaped to fit in your ear better! however, i bought them to use with my iphone 3G (super old!) and an ipod classic 80g and although i can hear music through them, the remote control does not work which is a bit annoying as that means i still have to fish my phone / ipod out of my bag or pocket whenever i need to adjust the volume. but apart from that all fine and at 12 really not bad at all.

4.0 out of 5 stars Panasonic RP-HJC120E-K In Ear Headphones with iPhone/iPod Controller and Microphone, 17 Nov 2012
I like the sound quality of these headphones, although I did find putting in in-ear headphones a bit fiddly at first. Even if they come out slightly, sound isn't badly affected. As has been noted (& maybe I should have paid more attention) the cable is thin, bordering on frail, hopefully this won't prove to be too much of a problem. The ipod controller buttons are sturdier than the ipod shuffle controller, which can only be a good thing.

I am not so confident of the microphone, (only tested on a blackberry so far), but will update once retested & tested on a few more phones.

I didn't get a chance to test on other phones as they stopped working one day! Instead of getting a replacement pair, I opted for Sony DREX12IPB Headset with In-Line Remote for iPod/iPhone/iPad. Colossal mistake. Stick with the Panasonic much better product.

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 11 April 2012
Bob (Onchan, Isle of Man United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
I got these because I found that having to bring the touchscreen of my ipod Touch back to life every time I want to skip a track is a pain. The control unit on these Panasonic earphones has small buttons. Two for volume control and one that you press once for pause, twice to skip forward, and three times to skip back. They need to be pressed right in and I can only do it with a finger nail, but they do work. As the microphone has to be near the mouth the control unit is in the wire only a few inches from your right ear, but this means you can't see it without removing the earpiece from your ear. Difficult to find the right button just by touch. Sound quality can be down to personal preference. To my ears the sound is very thin and uninvolving compared to the JVC HAFX1X EXTREME earphones I have been using, but they don't have a remote.

4.0 out of 5 stars Worth my money, 25 Feb 2014
These earphones work even better than the default earphones i got with my smartphone and they have lasted me for quite some time now with no problem whatsoever regarding connection, volume and comfort. They fit well (and come in different sized earbuds just in case) and sound quality is good enough for a day-to-day usage. As long as the user isn't too picky about "being able to hear everything" in the music, these earphones are definitely recommended.

The only con to them is that the volume rockers do not work with my smartphone (HTC). However, they do work fine with iPhone (tested). To me, they aren't deal breakers but it's just something worth noting. Hope this helps future buyers!

1.0 out of 5 stars not that good., 11 Dec 2013
I have an iPhone, so I wanted a earphones compatible with iPhone. These earphones are small, which is good for me as my ears are small, but the sound quality is worst, very low sound, even if you increase the volume to max, it doesn't sound good. I would not recommend it.

3.0 out of 5 stars Sound good, one problem, 19 Jun 2013
The headphones sound good - great for 8!. A little muddy due to an emphasis on bass but nothing to worry about.

The real problem is with the remote - holding it feels like one long piece of plastic with no easily discernible buttons, when you do find them they don't 'click' and either the plastic or positioning makes them awkward to push.

This means that it's difficult to find the buttons (other phone remotes tend to have an indentation so you can tell where the buttons are), and when you do find them they don't push in easily or 'click', meaning it is difficult to tell when you've pushed them and even more difficult to send commands using multiple clicks (i.e. click twice to skip a track).

It's not impossible, but frustrating, especially when you aren't able to look directly at the remote. The microphone's also not the best when hanging in its natural position - again, it works, but not brilliantly. Often find myself repeating things.

Overall great value when considering sound, but the remote isn't the best unless you can look directly at it when operating.

1.0 out of 5 stars These ear phones look cheap and sound it, 2 July 2014
These ear phones look cheap and sound it. There is no bass, the overall sound quality is terrible. I am so disappointed, please avoid these ear phones at all cost. DO NOT BUY

4.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for the job, 2 July 2014
I bought these only as I needed some earphones with a mic. They're perfect for this. I use them for phone calls every night, I wouldn't listen to music on them as I prefer over ear headphones but they're are decent quality nonetheless.

4.0 out of 5 stars Does the job, 24 Jun 2014
Wanted a pair of earphones to control the I-phone and this is what these do. Saves gettin phone in and out of pocket as it controls volume, song skip and you can answer it too. Four stars as they're a bit flimsy and not sure how long they'll last.