5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent TV for the price
Published on 12 Jan. 2011 by Mark A

1.0 out of 5 stars Not DNLA
Recently purchased this item from amazon with the plan to use the DNLA features with my Windows 7 PC, After buying the toshiba usb dongle for around £60 through an amazon store. When i had difficulty setting this up I contacted Amazon as the instructions say nothing about the DNLA features they told me they couldn't help and refered me to toshiba after contacting them I...
Published on 28 Feb. 2011 by Wraith

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent TV for the price, 12 Jan. 2011
This review is from: Toshiba 40BV700B 40-inch Widescreen Full HD 1080p LCD TV with Freeview (Electronics)
Received this TV on the 6th of January, having used it alot for the past 6 days I can say this TV is absolutely amazing for the price. As good as TV's up to the £550 mark (40 inch) in terms of picture quality, lacks alot of the extras though which I generally turn off anyway if its meant to make the picture look better. No freeview HD but that will be a £10 product when a decent number of HD channels are available, settings (Brightness etc) do need to be adjusted for the best picture imo the default is not too great. I'd suggest changing to the natural preset if you don't wish to fiddle with lots of settings, Dynamic is horrible (maybe my environment or just personal preference I don't know),

Conclusion - Lots of connections (4 HDMI, VGA, 2 Scart, USB, Common Interface, and the other regular one x 2), Excellent price, Looks decent and easy to use.

If your in the 300-450 price range for a 40 inch tv, get this one unless you rate the extra's on other tv's highly. This is excellent if your looking for a bog standard TV with decent picture, no noticeable ghosting, very easy to setup (1min to search for channels, stand is already attached out of the box).

5.0 out of 5 stars Its all good..., 18 Jan. 2011
Excellent television..Great price and superfast delivery..
We took a gamble as we hadnt seen tele and were not sure what it would be like. We neednt have worried though its fab..For the money excellent quality also has usb port for watching downloaded movies.The service and delivery from Amazon and City Link was superb..
Highly, highly recommended...

5.0 out of 5 stars Just the job :), 9 Jan. 2011
Been waiting for a big tv for ages and when this beauty popped up at that price had to have it, my kids love it , been watching old films over again and enjoying them just as much. It looks good sounds good and has everything you need. Also easy to set up and a great controller. :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great quality TV at a budget price., 5 Sept. 2011
I can't fault this TV and left it a good 2 months before the review.

Apart from not able to use that volume stabiliser it advertises (noise level) between programmes and commercials then nothing else is a problem.

I'm guessing this was an ex display as it came in a unmarked box with a manual and control, but don't let that put you off as it was unmarked and looked brand new, plenty of HDMI ports to rear and one on the side.
Wall mounted straight away and assembled all cables before mounting as these are not visible, HDMI 1 is unusable if wall mounting.

Picture quality is great and using with SKY HD box, everything used on SKY control basically so can't comment on freeview control, but there is so many channels on freeview and still great quality but prefer SKY, so great back up if SKY goes wrong.

We gave our 40" Alba to my son for his new flat and we opted for this, to be honest, I thought the Alba was as good quality but without the additional HDMI ports.

Gaming is great quality both PS3 and WII are easily fitted up and once in it stays there, no messing with leads all the time due to so many ports.

USB is fantastic and picks up the device and will play music or view the pictures.

I'll give it 10/10 and it looks quality with a great name at a budget price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Pleased, 3 July 2011
I bought this TV to replace a Sony Bravia, liberated by my son and now being used as his pc monitor.I chose this model for the sound control that stops the adverts blaring out on the programme breaks.I think it is a great TV for the price and I am very pleased with it.My son set it up for me in a few minutes so it must be easy,but what do I know as I am a fifty something mum.Anyway this set works fine for me and I find it just as good as the Bravia.I only use it for sky and bluray viewing so cannot comment on gaming etc.

5.0 out of 5 stars tosiba tv, 16 Mar. 2011
Toshiba 40BV700B 40-inch Wide screen Full HD 1080p LCD TV with Free view

i think this tv is great good sound and picture. picture is very clear sound is great . loving the game mode. excellent tv all round would recommend.

4.0 out of 5 stars Toshiba Tv, 18 Mar. 2011
This t.v is well worth the money and is easy to install and looks good.There is only one small problem with it the stand is not that suitable for the size of the tv.

5.0 out of 5 stars Toshiba tv, 18 April 2011
Mrs. G. Candlish "barbird1012" (Corby,England) - See all my reviews
Excellent television, great company to deal with after ordering I had a phone call within 2 hours to arrange delivery and it came within a few days Brilliant.

4.0 out of 5 stars very decent TV. No downfalls, 4 May 2011
Mr. T. Moroz - See all my reviews
This is a solid HD TV. There is nothing particularly exciting about it, but there is nothing at all wrong with it. There are 3 HDMI connectors, which is plenty. Overall, it is a very good product for the price. I've used this TV for TV as well as playing PS3 and used (occasionally) as the second screen for my laptop, all of which it has performed admirably.

5.0 out of 5 stars Tremendous value for money!, 27 July 2011
I don't really know what else to say. The title of my review sums it up! To be fair, this is the first HDTV I've owned but it does everything I expected. I was particularly attracked by the 4 HDMI and 1 USB ports. I could find no other 1080p HDTV with that number for the cost of this one. The picture quality is excellent, whether I'm viewing Freeview from the TV itself, or from a Freeview+ box connected by SCART, or Freesat+HD box connected by HDMI. I'm also a bit of a gamer, and found the picture quality from my PS3 simply stunning.

The only thing I can find that disappoints me a little, is that you can't get programme information anywhere other than the guide. Hardly a showstopper is it! Highly recommended!!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›