on 11 May 2013
This book is great! It compliments the Olivia toy Lamaze have on sale very well and my daughter loves to read this book, scrunch all the pages and flaps then waggle her Oliva Owl when the story is over.

Also seeing as this is a fabric book, when she has finished with it for the day and its covered in all a baby can throw at it, I can wash it no problems (I did have to iron the flaps out a little on a low heat)

Once again a little gem from Lamaze!
on 20 October 2011
A delightful little fabric book! The forest characters are interesting portrayed and the material of the books seems to be very durable. Well priced and delivered promptly.
on 12 June 2013
Good quality product but Brits take note - it is US-speak and animals not found over here. Still, we enjoy reading it most days!
on 10 June 2014
Awful product. As soon as it arrived I knew it was completely fake. Pages not straight. Stitching wonky. DO NOT BUY.
on 8 February 2012
I recall having similar items as a child, but none quite so short. The book is really nicely made and though my daughter is only 3.5 months old she really seems to enjoy touching the owl on the front which is crinkly and padded. She already laughs when we say "Peek-a-boo", though she's more taken with the crinkly flaps than the animals hidden behind them at the moment.
Apart from the cover, the book contains 4 double page spreads, with a hidden moose, owl, raccoon and beaver and includes some rather over complicated words like "achiever" - I guess not much rhymes with beaver! The animals are rather Noth American in choice and the complicated words means that an older child of 3 or 4 who may still pick this book up when learning to read will find it rather difficult. However for the 6 month old it is a cute book. I don't think it is great value for money though when you consider it costs more than most paperbacks!

Update - There are actually 5 double page spreads, I forgot about the bear!
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 4 April 2014
Very appealing. My grandaughter will love it - she loves owls and all sorts of animals! A good teaching tool.
on 28 February 2015
My son loves this - it's squishy, durable and interactive. my only gripe was the last page - "who built this dam? what an achiever, peek a boo, it's the beaver" - you can see the little sod without lifting the logs up.

Referencing a beaver feels wrong too, damn you naked gun.
on 1 April 2014
We purchased this as a Christmas present for our infant son. Several months later, he still enjoys it. This is one of the best soft books I have come across. The pictures are adorable and engaging for babies. My son loves the different textures and "finding" the hiding animals.
on 4 November 2013
My little boy absolutely loves this book. He was only 4 months old when I bought it and liked to just chew on it and feel it but now that he's coming up for 6 months old he is really liking the peek a boo pictures inside. Perfect to keep in his cot as well. Thank you
on 24 June 2014
A firm favourite for 6 months now - suitable for reading, playing and chewing. Great to carry around as so light, which makes it a great book to hold for young babies too. So far all the activity has not lead to any wear and tear either, which is impressive.

See one answered question