5.0 out of 5 stars great
this was great for the kids, kept them entertained for hours and hours with lots of songs would recommend to anyone
Published 15 months ago by Tbag

2.0 out of 5 stars One to steer clear of
Published on 20 Nov 2010 by Buster

2.0 out of 5 stars One to steer clear of, 20 Nov 2010
= Fun:2.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Dance Paradise - Kinect compatible (Xbox 360) (Video Game)
I bought this largely because of the slightly more impressive song array than other games. Turns out that wasn't such a smart move. The biggest drawback by far with this game is the fact you can only dance to about 30% of each song, and that's the same 30% every time you start dancing. Unlike dance central where you can dance to the entire song. This basically makes the whole game very party-like and quite frustrating. Admittedly I was only expecting a party game from this title, but really? a 3rd of the song? Feels a bit like a rip off, like it's full of the kind of "preview songs" you get when purchasing an MP3.

PROS:
- It's actually still quite fun for a while and the songs are more well known than other games.
- If you just want to have fun, it's more forgiving than other games.
- Has two player dance mode.

CONS:
- You can only dance to a portion of each song.
- Moves don't feel choreographed to the song at all, they appear randomly strung together.
- Hard isn't much harder than easy mode and there's only hard and easy mode to choose from.
- I was able to complete the final song on hard on almost my first go, and I can can't dance for toffee. (freeplay)
- Stepping into place feels very gimmicky, and unwarranted.
- Loading times are horrendous, you'll spend a large portion of your time standing around in loading screens.

In honest, probably one to avoid at this point, with better dance games on the market.

2.0 out of 5 stars Can't quite see the point, 30 Dec 2010
Julie Cutler - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
= Fun:2.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Dance Paradise - Kinect compatible (Xbox 360) (Video Game)
Although this has nice steady cute round navigation buttons (which is a positive feature compared to some kinect games), I got bored of this very quickly as I just couldn't get it to do anything remarkable, or work out how to get it to advance. The stage consists of animated teacher, a demonstration stick figure and your avatar. The demo stick figure gradually moves forward to a zero point so you can work out the desired move ahead of time. Sometimes my avatar strangely managed to do the move ahead of time and sometimes it just hung. Sometimes I was judged to perfectly copy the move, and sometimes not- couldn't particularly work out the difference. You cycle through small sections of a group of songs, which are all fairly bouncy! I was left wondering.....why? what's it all for? Happily I rented, but after giving it an impartial go, I have to agree with the majority view that this is not a successful game for the kinect.

1.0 out of 5 stars Dont buy if you are overweight., 30 Nov 2010
This review is from: Dance Paradise - Kinect compatible (Xbox 360) (Video Game)
I am having an ongoing battle with the company that makes this game with them telling me the reason the game wont play is because there is a problem with my kinect, and me saying that the kinect works fine for the other 5 games I have. Let me explain..

The game begins, then asks me to stand in front of the sensor and wave. I wave and wave and wave, and it doesn't see me. I recalibrate, no problems, I start again and it lets me choose the options, then when the game starts it once again asks me to stand in front of the sensor and wave, and again it doesn't see me.

Now here is the weird bit. my husband stands there and it picks him up the minute he walks in front of it, me it cant see, which is ironic really as I am overweight and much larger than he is - So much for using this as part of my weightloss program :)

I wrote to Mindscape at the email address in the accompanying booklet, and my email got bounced back. There are no phone numbers to call, so I visited their web site which is all in french. using my old schoolgirl french I managed to find a place to raise a ticket for help, and since then I have had no help at all from them over this, so this game is a waste of money for me as far as I'm concerned.

Having said that, the bits I saw when my husband played the game, looked repetitive and 'cheap' looking. It didnt get him dancing, but moving from one coloured stream to another (like guitar hero) and making a gesture. I can see how this would get monotonous after a while.

If you want a better game, go for Dance Central. It is much more satisfying to play, and when you have got good enough you unlock challenges. You put in your weight and it tells you how many calories you burn doing the dance. The video playback of the freestyle section is hilarious too!

1.0 out of 5 stars Dance Flop more like, 22 Sep 2011
This review is from: Dance Paradise - Kinect compatible (Xbox 360) (Video Game)
Bought this game thinking it would be good and was extremely dissapointed. The moves are very basic and repeated throughout the songs. It annoys me when the game says that you miss moves when you dont and sometimes you can do your own thing and it tells you that the move was perfect !!

I wanted a dance game for fitness and fun this game will do niether.

1.0 out of 5 stars dance paradise, 30 July 2011
This review is from: Dance Paradise - Kinect compatible (Xbox 360) (Video Game)
i really wouldnt recommend this games it is no patch on dance central i bought this because it had two player and dance central doesnt but the games does not play well at all u have to try copy the moves that the cloured shadows people are doing and really doesnt work well and at times u copy the moves but still says u have missed i wouldnt waist your money on this i had a few shots then put it up for sale

4.0 out of 5 stars :), 4 Jan 2014
This review is from: Dance Paradise - Kinect compatible (Xbox 360) (Video Game)
this game looks and sound good tried it and couldn't get on with it I will try it again soon consider this game and recommend this game

5.0 out of 5 stars great, 19 Jan 2013

4.0 out of 5 stars Keeps you on your toes, 12 Nov 2011
This review is from: Dance Paradise - Kinect compatible (Xbox 360) (Video Game)
Wasn't sure what to expect from this game as i hadnt heard of it being new to the whole Kinect thing i like a challenge. And this was certainly that. Took us a litle while to get the hang of the game, as we found Dance Central alot easier to use but the children like it and so do i! Definetly a must have for Dance fans.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for entertaining friends, after all the aim is that, right?, 3 Oct 2011
This review is from: Dance Paradise - Kinect compatible (Xbox 360) (Video Game)
Great for entertaining friends, even if not the whole song and dance is performed is it a fun game and good to spend a nice evening with friends. Especially the price is competitive. For Italian customers: the game is multilanguage.

3.0 out of 5 stars dance, 17 Jun 2011
This review is from: Dance Paradise - Kinect compatible (Xbox 360) (Video Game)
This game was not what we expected - we thought it wounld be like dance central, where you follow an instructor. Or the Michael Jackson game where you learn actual routines. Instead it is more like 'Guitar Hero' with your body. There are 4 spots on the screen showing different moves that you have to do in time as they come down the screen in sequence. It is fun none the less.

ARRAY(0xabd19354)

Dance Paradise - Kinect compatible (Xbox 360)
13.99