5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant Sports Bottle
I have used/own many Sports Bottles which I use for the Gym, hiking, etc. But the best one by a mile is this camelback Podium Big Chill because of the following:

1. It keeps the drink colder for longer
2. There are never any leaks from the bottle with it's own open/close function.
3. Very flexible, so can be easily squeezed to ensure good flow of...
Published on 18 Dec. 2012 by Mr. Te Mitchell

2.0 out of 5 stars Not discernably cooler
Published 15 months ago by Honest Reviewer

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant Sports Bottle, 18 Dec. 2012
Mr. Te Mitchell (UK) - See all my reviews

1. It keeps the drink colder for longer
2. There are never any leaks from the bottle with it's own open/close function.
3. Very flexible, so can be easily squeezed to ensure good flow of liquid.
4. The grip and design make it easy to hold, especially if on an excercise bike.
5. With it being available in the 750ml size, ensures a good amount of drink.
6. Has a nice soft bite valve.

Overall an excellent product.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good marred by an annoying fault., 25 July 2013
Pyrobi (Thames Valley) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Camelbak Podium Big Chill Bottle (Sports)
This is a very good water bottle, but it sometimes leaks where the top screws on which can be a little frustrating.
It's very good at keeping the water cool, putting a few ice cubes in it does wonders. The water dispersal out of the top is brilliant. It won't leak water unless it is firmly squeezed, and its locking mechanism lets nothing passed when you have it set, but I rarely have that locked.
The colours aren't quite as 'luscious' as they are in the promotional pictures for the Clear/Blue model. Think plainer blues.
My only annoyance with this bottle is sometimes water comes through where you screw the lid down onto the bottle, which is very embarrassing when you're at the gym and take a bit swig of water only to look down and find yourself covered in water. This happens despite me always securely screwing down the lid, but it seems it needs a seriously high amount of twisting to make this occasional fault go away, so much so that I feel like I might damage the plastic threads.

Anyway, aside from that, I love this water bottle and am very happy with my choice.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good but........., 1 Jun. 2013
Mr. C. Campbell "chrisc" (Luton) - See all my reviews
The bottle it's self I cannot fault, it is insulated so the drinks will stay cooler for longer, it's squeezable, so you can jet the drink into you mouth if you are really thirsty, it doesn't give your drink that plastic taste, even when straight out of the packaging, it doesn't leak and it looks good.

I gave it one star off the 5 because it doesn't fit what I call a standard bike cage (I think it is because the bottle is slightly tapered). I also brought one for my wife at the same time and it will not stay in the cages of either our bikes and we have different style cages. I have tried it in a couple of shops on various other cages and found a couple of cages which will hold it secure, so I will be purchasing two new cages to hold them (too risky to buy a cage for it, off the internet).

If you are lucky and it fits securely in your cage, I'm sure you will give it 5 stars.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not discernably cooler, 3 Mar. 2014
This review is from: Camelbak Podium Big Chill Bottle (Sports)
I may be out of kilter with my fellow reviewers but I must speak from my own experience. I bought two of these bottles to supplement two normal bottles I carry when cycling long distances. I put my normal bottles in cages and the two Camelbaks in my pannier bag, ready to replace my normal bottles when they become depleted. In my opinion the Big Chill bottles do not keep their contents much cooler than a normal bottle, if at all, Also, they leak through the threaded part of the cap, no matter how hard I tighten them. As if that were bad enough, they jump clean out of my seat-tube cage every time I hit a bump and rattle badly in my down-tube cage.
On the plus side the nozzle does not leak when inverted and is very easy to sip from without having to 'extend' it first with your teeth. If you want to stop dust getting in the cap though, you will have to purchase a dust cap for £5 or more.
For what it is worth, my advice is to buy a conventional bottle, preferably one with a built-in dust cap as on mine, and save yourself some money.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great bottle with 2 flaws, 27 Aug. 2013
This is a great bottle, I have 3 of them and I have 2 of them on my bike and they are ace.

Now for the flaws, first one is what someone else mentioned. Occasionally, unless you tighten the lid with hulk like determination, it can inexplicably leak when you take a drink. All of the bottles occasionally do it. You soon learn to do it up really tight so it isn't the end of the world.

Now, the second one is more of an annoyance. The spouts go mouldy. It means that periodically you have to dismantle them, which is straight forward enough. I suspect it is because I am putting electrolyte solution in them rather than just water so it could be my own fault.

To dismantle them you just twist off the rubber bit and then pop the white cap off with a knife edge. Then you can clean the blue diaphram bit and the other pieces. It only takes a few minutes.

I've still given the bottle 5 stars as it is by far the best bottle I've owned. Being able to seal it is really useful.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love these bottles, 21 Mar. 2013
Gary "Lives in Bristol, works in Reading; Pro... (Bristol, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
Strong, tough, water tight - look good.

These bottles - let alone on the bike ride - have become the defacto standard water bottles in our house.

Used by the kids when they are out and about.

Half filled with water, they can be put in the freezer on a hot day and topped up just before you go out - cool ALL DAY.

5.0 out of 5 stars Its Awesome, 24 Dec. 2012
Love it! It keeps my drink cold on long rides. Great form and brilliant function too. Will definitely recommend to friends.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality product, 11 Jun. 2013
HELEN Alderson "Helen" (North East England) - See all my reviews
Would definitely buy more of their products. The product was very good quality and lived up to the description given.

5.0 out of 5 stars The king of Water bottles, 14 May 2015
Nikopalidis "Nikooooos" (London,The Center Of The World!) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Camelbak Podium Big Chill Bottle (Sports)
These are the best water bottles, I've had several of these over the years and tried others but always come back to these. They hold 750ml and fit in bike bottle cages and are really light and the best bit is you can really get a good load of water when you need it as it's soft and squeezable and doesn't lose its shape. Also no horrible plastic taste from these and you can close them off so no leaks in a bag. Totes Amaze balls

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it, 1 Jun. 2013
graeme (Edinburgh, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This is a great buy, it keeps the water cool for ages longer than my old metal water bottle did.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›