4.0 out of 5 stars Endlessly - Duffy
I really wasn't sure what to expect from this CD as the reviews are so mixed; all I can say is while not in the same league as "Rockferry" it's really not bad at all; her voice is still good, again not as good as on "Rockferry" but still unique

Overall, worth buying in my opinion
Published on 12 Feb. 2012 by Mike

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing second album
Rockferry was a great Soul/Pop record. Duffy's good girl image combined with the albums heartfelt tracks made for the perfect companion piece to the darkness of Amy Winehouse's 'Back to Black'. Unfortunately second effort Endlessly is a bit of a misfire. There are no standout tracks like 'Warwick Avenue' or 'Mercy' and the lyrics are one dimensional & overly syrupy...
Published on 18 Aug. 2011 by Nick D

‹ Previous | 19 10 11 12 | Next ›

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars, 11 Oct. 2014
Ok

5.0 out of 5 stars What a great album, 30 Nov. 2010
This review is from: Endlessly (Audio CD)
Having purchased Duffy's first album which was excellent it was with concern that i purchased the new album. There was no need to be concerned this is an excellent album, her voice the rcording quality on a quality system is superb. I can't wait to see her live sometime soon. If you are a music lover and can and sit and listen without distraction this album is for you. If you are a casual listner and listen to music on the move or while washing up you may find some of this a bit slow and boreing.
Musicaly superb and performed with class

1.0 out of 5 stars Nothing like Dusty, 21 Mar. 2011
This review is from: Endlessly (Audio CD)
Following the release of Rockferry, Duffy was compared to Dusty Springfield. This was possibly due to the 60s feel of some of the tracks, rather than the quality of her voice. This time the closest she is to Dusty is if Dusty had mated with one of the Chipmunks. Most unlikely IMHO.

4.0 out of 5 stars No real surprises, 11 Jan. 2011
This review is from: Endlessly (Audio CD)
Purchased this album as a Christmas present for my wife. She already has Rockferry, so I guessed it would be safe ground and was not disappointed, good solid follow up album.

Personally, I am more into Blues/Rock/Alternative, but of its genre this is one of the more listenable albums out there.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great second album, 5 Dec. 2010
This review is from: Endlessly (Audio CD)
Very good second album. Can't understand all the poor reviews. It's easily as good as Rockferry. Best track for me is Girl. BUY IT EVERYONE. You won't be disappointed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Second Album, 3 Dec. 2010
Mrs. K. O'neill (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Endlessly (Audio CD)
Love this album. Was a little bit dubious after hearing the single Well, Well, Well but the rest of the album is great. I've got it on repeat in the car and can't stop listening to it!! Even Well, Well, Well is beginning to grow on me now!

4.0 out of 5 stars Still good, but not Rockferry good, 7 Feb. 2011
This review is from: Endlessly (Audio CD)
I am a massive Duffy fan, and have been ever since she released "Rockferry", and this album was one of my most eagerly anticipated christmas presents. Much as I hate to say this though, both me and my friend who also has the album have agreed that it just doesn't give the same impression. We put this down to her change of producer, Albert Hammond. He has obviously wanted to make Duffy do more poppy stuff, and Duffy is originally a soul singer. I love her first single "Well well well", but the rest just aren't as dramatic as "Warwick Avenue", "Stepping Stone" and "Rockferry". They just don't stand out as much as "big hits". I haven't been put off her at all, I still want to see her live,but have to admit I'm slightly disappointed.

3.0 out of 5 stars 1 Time Wonder, 30 July 2011
This review is from: Endlessly (Audio CD)
After loving Duffy's first album- Rockferry, I thought I would buy her second album. I thought it would be just as amazing. I had really enjoyed listening to her first album over and over again.
However, I was quite disappointed with the second one. After taking a very long time releasing it, I expected something with a much higher standard than the quality it has. I have only listened to this CD once or twice, and really am not bothered about listening to it again.

If you liked her first album as much as me, I really think you will find the second one disappointing.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great album from a great artist, 11 Dec. 2010
This review is from: Endlessly (Audio CD)
Best album of the year, finally! I bought so many CD:s this year, and finally here is an album that I play over and over again. A great second album that establishes Duffy as a great artist thst is here to stay. Better than the first. The other five star reviews really says it all. I only regret that I didn't buy it on vinyl directly. That's how good it is.

3.0 out of 5 stars Okay, 10 April 2014
Beethoven (Killucan, Co Westmeath Ireland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Endlessly (Audio CD)
Not my type of music I'm afraid, bought it because of Albert hammond's input who I admire as a songwriter

‹ Previous | 19 10 11 12 | Next ›

Endlessly
Endlessly by Duffy (Audio CD - 2010)