4.0 out of 5 stars Hopes and Fears 2008
This is a really good album and I believe will do for OneRepublic what Hopes and Fears did for Keane.

If you like Keane or Snow Patrol and have in the past listened to Train and MB20 then I believe that you will enjoy this. It is well produced, has good variety, is extremely easy to listen to from start to finish and thankfully a decent length at 60 minutes...
Published on 24 Mar. 2008 by Shinyredmx5

3.0 out of 5 stars Snow Patrol sound alike?
This wasn't what I was expecting, after hearing it was hyped on MySpace. I was expecting something a little edgey, a little different. In fact, it was awfully like Snow Patrol - well produced, some nice tunes and, well, safe.... Rather too slushy for me, but I'm sure it will be popular.
Published on 18 Mar. 2008 by Collins End Music Club

‹ Previous | 14 5 69 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 24 Aug. 2014
This review is from: Dreaming Out Loud (Audio CD)
excellent album, feel this group is one of the best around today

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 13 Jan. 2015
This review is from: Dreaming Out Loud (Audio CD)
bought for a friend as a christmas present she was delighted

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 6 July 2014
This review is from: Dreaming Out Loud /.. (Audio CD)
great value for money, a must for all one republic fans!

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars, 2 Aug. 2014
This review is from: Dreaming Out Loud (Audio CD)
delivery was fast and the item is as described

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 7 Feb. 2015
This review is from: Dreaming Out Loud (Audio CD)
Great band and very good music. I love it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great album., 19 Oct. 2014
This review is from: Dreaming Out Loud (Audio CD)
Great album introduced me to One Republic.

4.0 out of 5 stars Bobbie B, 8 May 2015
This review is from: Dreaming Out Loud (Audio CD)
excellent Album, well sung, good tunes.

5.0 out of 5 stars I think I'm moving, but I go nowhere (but this album takes me there), 9 July 2008
This review is from: Dreaming Out Loud (Audio CD)
When I first heard this band's song re-mixed by Timbaland, I wasn't expecting the band to do any solo songs because I thought it was sort of organised by Timblalnd, but it turns out that Timbaland re-mixed OneRepublic's version of Apologize and made it sound better. There was just something about that song that attracted me to the band. When Stop and stare was first released, it took me a while to realise just how great this song was. Then I started watching the music video on the music channels and I was enthralled by it. That is what made me by this album and what made me expect a lot from this band.
The opening song is a nice one, which kind of sets the scene for most of the feelings of the rest of the songs. The best song is easily Stop and stare, which has such a fantastic power and is moving for me. When I heard this song, I bought the album not much later. Based on this song I thought the album was going to be more ambitious, so it's a bit below my expectations, especially as Angels and airwaves are my favourite band, but it definitely isn't disappointing. Other good songs are Mercy, All fall down, Won't stop, which has a delightful piano loop and some sweet feelings in it for that special one. All we are, Come home, which is a nice somber song and Apologize are all good songs. Once you get over the fact that not every song is as out there ambitiously as Stop and stare then this is a fantastic album. The songs are so meaningful and genuine and the album as a whole is art.

There are 3 bonus tracks and I don't really understand why the title track would be included as a bonus track because that should be one of the most important songs on the album. The first is Something's not right here, which isn't that special. The bridge sounds a bit Muse esqe with guitars reminiscent of Muse. The band's vocals are also similar to the Muse singer at that point. I don't really like the sound of it but it's okay. The second is Dreaming out loud (the title track), which sounds a little creepy with the piano loop and I would probably expect better from the title song, but it's not bad either.
The final bonus track is probably one of the most important on the album and it's a good job that they included it. Apologize is the final bonus and is very welcome. The original version is good but it doesn't have that same feel and aura around it that the Timbaland remix does. I think that version sounds twice as good, even if Timberland's `ay,ay' can get a bit irritating! I love the lyrics, `I need you like a heart needs a beat', meaningful and emotional. This version of the song was what initially attracted me to the band and I just really like that feeling of the song.

I think that this is an album that is easy on the ears and is also quite meaningful. I think the band are also quite religious as well, which is quite nice and it means something to me. What is really annoying though is that it doesn't tell us who wrote the songs! It always says in the back of booklets that the songs were wrote by someone, but it doesn't with this. Maybe they have someone to write their songs like a ghost-writer - I don't know! What I did was discover on Wikipedia was that Ryan wrote all the songs. I do know that Ryan Tedder is more than just a pretty boy! I like his voice and he especially gives Stop and stare that strong feeling to it. He isn't no Tom Delonge but he isn't bad either!
Overall, this is an enjoyable listen and an album definitely worth purchasing. Just don't expect all the songs to sound as ambitious and as powerful as Stop and stare and you will be fine.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Brilliant Debut Album, 18 Dec. 2007
This is a great album. Every single song on the album is brilliant and I would recommend anyone to give this album a try, because you will not be dissapointed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 16 Aug. 2014
This review is from: Dreaming Out Loud (Audio CD)
Beautiful album by a great band!

‹ Previous | 14 5 69 | Next ›