4.0 out of 5 stars Hopes and Fears 2008
This is a really good album and I believe will do for OneRepublic what Hopes and Fears did for Keane.

Published on 24 Mar 2008 by Gary Congdon

3.0 out of 5 stars Snow Patrol sound alike?
This wasn't what I was expecting, after hearing it was hyped on MySpace. I was expecting something a little edgey, a little different. In fact, it was awfully like Snow Patrol - well produced, some nice tunes and, well, safe.... Rather too slushy for me, but I'm sure it will be popular.
Published on 18 Mar 2008 by Collins End Music Club

4.0 out of 5 stars Hopes and Fears 2008, 24 Mar 2008
Gary Congdon "garymx5" (West Sussex) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Dreaming Out Loud (Audio CD)

If you like Keane or Snow Patrol and have in the past listened to Train and MB20 then I believe that you will enjoy this. It is well produced, has good variety, is extremely easy to listen to from start to finish and thankfully a decent length at 60 minutes. Nearly all the tracks can stand up for themselves but the primary ones for me are the two singles (Stop and Stare and Apologize (both versions)), Say, Mercy and Prodical. Why not 5 stars? Well it is just not mind blowingly different, just a brilliant piece of pop/rock. Enjoy.

5.0 out of 5 stars They won't need to apologize!, 27 Dec 2007
Ok... first off, sorry for the cheesy title!!!
Right, One Republic's album Dreaming Out Loud is one of the hidden gems of 2007! I first heard Timberland's remix of Apologize and was blown away by it, there were brilliant lyrics, the beat was enjoyable and the song became extremely enjoyable to listen to.
I found out they had this album, which to my surprise only came out in the USA last month, I bought the import (not sure when the UK release is) and listened it to the first time just now!
It is a special album, each song is a different situation, a different world and with the spirit of the band this album is very very good.
The original of Apologize is just as good as the remix- bit more of an acoustic version but good all the same. The other songs are the same or better.
The album includes the remix from Timberland as well... (thought I would mention!!)
Anyway... buy the album, listen to the album, enjoy the album and tell other people :p

5.0 out of 5 stars Real New Found Talent !, 17 Jun 2008
This review is from: Dreaming Out Loud (Audio CD)
I listened to this album on my flight back home as part of the airline's on demand audio. I could not stop listening to it over and over again for almost the entire 13 hours journey. And one of the first thing I did when I got home was to buy this album.

I just simply could not find better words to describe how beautiful this album is.

It has been a while since I come across talent like this. It's just fantastic.

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb!, 6 April 2008
This review is from: Dreaming Out Loud (Audio CD)
I heard one song "Someone to save you" a few months back on the radio and I thought it was great, but never knew who it was by, then I heard a few more songs featured in an episode of Smallville (which always features great music by relative unknown bands) and I thought they were awesome, so I had to look them up and find out who they were, it was "One Republic".
I knew I liked a few of the songs, so I thought I'd chance buying the album, but I was thinking, like on so many albums today, that other than the featured radio promotion songs, the rest of the album would probably be rubbish, but I am thrilled to say I was wrong. The whole album is amazing! I cannot stop listening to this album, it is stunning from start to finish with every song featuring stunning music and meaningful lyrics. I find it hard to pick a favourite, but I particularly enjoy "Mercy", "Stop and stare" and "Someone to save you".
If you have good taste in music, buy this album, you won't be disappointed!

5.0 out of 5 stars Pure class, Awesome Band, 30 Oct 2007
Ive listened to the bulk of their album tracks on Myspace and all i can say is these guys are phenomenal. They've managed to come up with a quality first album my favorite tracks being Stop & Stare and Apologize but to be honest their all good tracks and you would be a fool not to buy this album heart and soul went into it !

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing..., 11 Mar 2008
M. Grainger (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Dreaming Out Loud (Audio CD)
There is only one word to describe this album....amazing! Haven't heard so many great songs in a long time. Each one is wonderful, so much so that I can't pick a favourite! Would say that the best ones are Mercy, Stop and Stare (of course), the original version of Apologize and Someone To Save You, however as I said they are all great. Brilliant, meaningful lyrics as well, which makes it even better! This album a definite 'must buy', get it now!!!

4.0 out of 5 stars perfect for coldplay, keane fans, 15 Aug 2010
This review is from: Dreaming Out Loud (Audio CD)
Like many , I was introduced to these guys through the timbaland collaboration. I'm not a timbaland fan and frankly i wished he'd disappear, he seemed to crop up everywhere around 2006/ 2007. No artist was safe!

But, I loved Apologise and decided to give these guys a go when I listened to a few samples of their music. I loved it. It's the sort of soft-rock music that Coldplay, Keane, Embrace offer.

The lyrics are great, really thoughtful and sincere. The music is great too. They really deliver the goods. I'm glad I gave them a go, this album was worth picking up for Coldplay fans like myself awaiting some new material. If you liked Coldplays x and y then I think you'll like this. The sound of the album reminds me of that album for some reason.

Stand outs are the original version of Apologise (though the timbaland mix is tagged on to the end of the album) , All Fall Down, Say (All I Need)- my personal favourite, Stop and Stare, and Goodbye Apathy.

It's a shame these guys go largely unnoticed. If a lot more people heard what they can do minus timbaland then I think they would be received well.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Rise of One Republic, 26 Feb 2008
P. Bowman (N. Ireland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Dreaming Out Loud (Audio CD)
I've known Ryan Tedder for several years, he's the real deal, loves music and has talent to burn! It's been a long time coming but One Republic are on the rise and in a world of mediocre music they are a welcome arrival. Yes you'll hear echos of U2, Radiohead, Coldplay but thats because these guys wear their influences as well as their hearts on their sleeves. Stand out tracks are Stop and Stare, Mercy, Tyrant, Prodigal. It's an epic stadium sized sound, flawlessly played. Dreaming out loud should be one of the great albums of 07/08.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 13 May 2008
Ms. S. J. Rohling "Mrs Ryan" (Oxford, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Dreaming Out Loud (Audio CD)
After first listening to the album i fell in love with the way the tracks seem to draw you in and want you to listen to them over and over again. The obvious songs that have been released will have everyone playing them over and over again but listen on to later tracks and you will discover that they do the same. One of the best albums i have brought in a long while. I actually went to see the band at the Shepherds Bush Empire last night and they were excellent. Sounded perfect like the album, so in my opinion, buy the album and go see them live soon......you will not be disappointed!!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Hopefully the first of many albums!, 27 Nov 2007
Louise Amkaer (Greenland) - See all my reviews
What a dream!! Rarely do you hear such a confident and mature debut album as OneRepublic's "Dreaming out loud". Their sound is very distinct especially with the cello (which I am a sucker for) and the lyrics and melodies take OneRepublic to another level.

One aspect that I especially appreciate, is that the songs are not made after the same pattern. Yes, they all have verses, bridges, and chorus, but they have an individuality which allows each memeber of OneRepublic to shine musically.

I believe, that this will be the first of many albums.

Louise.