4.0 out of 5 stars Hopes and Fears 2008
This is a really good album and I believe will do for OneRepublic what Hopes and Fears did for Keane.

Published on 24 Mar. 2008 by Shinyredmx5

3.0 out of 5 stars Snow Patrol sound alike?
This wasn't what I was expecting, after hearing it was hyped on MySpace. I was expecting something a little edgey, a little different. In fact, it was awfully like Snow Patrol - well produced, some nice tunes and, well, safe.... Rather too slushy for me, but I'm sure it will be popular.
Published on 18 Mar. 2008 by Collins End Music Club

4.0 out of 5 stars Hopes and Fears 2008, 24 Mar. 2008
This review is from: Dreaming Out Loud (Audio CD)

If you like Keane or Snow Patrol and have in the past listened to Train and MB20 then I believe that you will enjoy this. It is well produced, has good variety, is extremely easy to listen to from start to finish and thankfully a decent length at 60 minutes. Nearly all the tracks can stand up for themselves but the primary ones for me are the two singles (Stop and Stare and Apologize (both versions)), Say, Mercy and Prodical. Why not 5 stars? Well it is just not mind blowingly different, just a brilliant piece of pop/rock. Enjoy.

5.0 out of 5 stars They won't need to apologize!, 27 Dec. 2007
Ok... first off, sorry for the cheesy title!!!
Right, One Republic's album Dreaming Out Loud is one of the hidden gems of 2007! I first heard Timberland's remix of Apologize and was blown away by it, there were brilliant lyrics, the beat was enjoyable and the song became extremely enjoyable to listen to.
I found out they had this album, which to my surprise only came out in the USA last month, I bought the import (not sure when the UK release is) and listened it to the first time just now!
It is a special album, each song is a different situation, a different world and with the spirit of the band this album is very very good.
The original of Apologize is just as good as the remix- bit more of an acoustic version but good all the same. The other songs are the same or better.
The album includes the remix from Timberland as well... (thought I would mention!!)
Anyway... buy the album, listen to the album, enjoy the album and tell other people :p

5.0 out of 5 stars Real New Found Talent !, 17 Jun. 2008
This review is from: Dreaming Out Loud (Audio CD)
I listened to this album on my flight back home as part of the airline's on demand audio. I could not stop listening to it over and over again for almost the entire 13 hours journey. And one of the first thing I did when I got home was to buy this album.

I just simply could not find better words to describe how beautiful this album is.

It has been a while since I come across talent like this. It's just fantastic.

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb!, 6 April 2008
This review is from: Dreaming Out Loud (Audio CD)
I heard one song "Someone to save you" a few months back on the radio and I thought it was great, but never knew who it was by, then I heard a few more songs featured in an episode of Smallville (which always features great music by relative unknown bands) and I thought they were awesome, so I had to look them up and find out who they were, it was "One Republic".
I knew I liked a few of the songs, so I thought I'd chance buying the album, but I was thinking, like on so many albums today, that other than the featured radio promotion songs, the rest of the album would probably be rubbish, but I am thrilled to say I was wrong. The whole album is amazing! I cannot stop listening to this album, it is stunning from start to finish with every song featuring stunning music and meaningful lyrics. I find it hard to pick a favourite, but I particularly enjoy "Mercy", "Stop and stare" and "Someone to save you".
If you have good taste in music, buy this album, you won't be disappointed!

5.0 out of 5 stars Pure class, Awesome Band, 30 Oct. 2007
Ive listened to the bulk of their album tracks on Myspace and all i can say is these guys are phenomenal. They've managed to come up with a quality first album my favorite tracks being Stop & Stare and Apologize but to be honest their all good tracks and you would be a fool not to buy this album heart and soul went into it !

4.0 out of 5 stars perfect for coldplay, keane fans, 15 Aug. 2010
This review is from: Dreaming Out Loud (Audio CD)
Like many , I was introduced to these guys through the timbaland collaboration. I'm not a timbaland fan and frankly i wished he'd disappear, he seemed to crop up everywhere around 2006/ 2007. No artist was safe!

But, I loved Apologise and decided to give these guys a go when I listened to a few samples of their music. I loved it. It's the sort of soft-rock music that Coldplay, Keane, Embrace offer.

The lyrics are great, really thoughtful and sincere. The music is great too. They really deliver the goods. I'm glad I gave them a go, this album was worth picking up for Coldplay fans like myself awaiting some new material. If you liked Coldplays x and y then I think you'll like this. The sound of the album reminds me of that album for some reason.

Stand outs are the original version of Apologise (though the timbaland mix is tagged on to the end of the album) , All Fall Down, Say (All I Need)- my personal favourite, Stop and Stare, and Goodbye Apathy.

It's a shame these guys go largely unnoticed. If a lot more people heard what they can do minus timbaland then I think they would be received well.

5.0 out of 5 stars I think I'm moving, but I go nowhere (but this album takes me there), 9 July 2008
This review is from: Dreaming Out Loud (Audio CD)
When I first heard this band's song re-mixed by Timbaland, I wasn't expecting the band to do any solo songs because I thought it was sort of organised by Timblalnd, but it turns out that Timbaland re-mixed OneRepublic's version of Apologize and made it sound better. There was just something about that song that attracted me to the band. When Stop and stare was first released, it took me a while to realise just how great this song was. Then I started watching the music video on the music channels and I was enthralled by it. That is what made me by this album and what made me expect a lot from this band.
The opening song is a nice one, which kind of sets the scene for most of the feelings of the rest of the songs. The best song is easily Stop and stare, which has such a fantastic power and is moving for me. When I heard this song, I bought the album not much later. Based on this song I thought the album was going to be more ambitious, so it's a bit below my expectations, especially as Angels and airwaves are my favourite band, but it definitely isn't disappointing. Other good songs are Mercy, All fall down, Won't stop, which has a delightful piano loop and some sweet feelings in it for that special one. All we are, Come home, which is a nice somber song and Apologize are all good songs. Once you get over the fact that not every song is as out there ambitiously as Stop and stare then this is a fantastic album. The songs are so meaningful and genuine and the album as a whole is art.

There are 3 bonus tracks and I don't really understand why the title track would be included as a bonus track because that should be one of the most important songs on the album. The first is Something's not right here, which isn't that special. The bridge sounds a bit Muse esqe with guitars reminiscent of Muse. The band's vocals are also similar to the Muse singer at that point. I don't really like the sound of it but it's okay. The second is Dreaming out loud (the title track), which sounds a little creepy with the piano loop and I would probably expect better from the title song, but it's not bad either.
The final bonus track is probably one of the most important on the album and it's a good job that they included it. Apologize is the final bonus and is very welcome. The original version is good but it doesn't have that same feel and aura around it that the Timbaland remix does. I think that version sounds twice as good, even if Timberland's `ay,ay' can get a bit irritating! I love the lyrics, `I need you like a heart needs a beat', meaningful and emotional. This version of the song was what initially attracted me to the band and I just really like that feeling of the song.

I think that this is an album that is easy on the ears and is also quite meaningful. I think the band are also quite religious as well, which is quite nice and it means something to me. What is really annoying though is that it doesn't tell us who wrote the songs! It always says in the back of booklets that the songs were wrote by someone, but it doesn't with this. Maybe they have someone to write their songs like a ghost-writer - I don't know! What I did was discover on Wikipedia was that Ryan wrote all the songs. I do know that Ryan Tedder is more than just a pretty boy! I like his voice and he especially gives Stop and stare that strong feeling to it. He isn't no Tom Delonge but he isn't bad either!
Overall, this is an enjoyable listen and an album definitely worth purchasing. Just don't expect all the songs to sound as ambitious and as powerful as Stop and stare and you will be fine.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing..., 11 Mar. 2008
M. Grainger (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Dreaming Out Loud (Audio CD)
There is only one word to describe this album....amazing! Haven't heard so many great songs in a long time. Each one is wonderful, so much so that I can't pick a favourite! Would say that the best ones are Mercy, Stop and Stare (of course), the original version of Apologize and Someone To Save You, however as I said they are all great. Brilliant, meaningful lyrics as well, which makes it even better! This album a definite 'must buy', get it now!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars The Rise of One Republic, 26 Feb. 2008
P. Bowman (N. Ireland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Dreaming Out Loud (Audio CD)
I've known Ryan Tedder for several years, he's the real deal, loves music and has talent to burn! It's been a long time coming but One Republic are on the rise and in a world of mediocre music they are a welcome arrival. Yes you'll hear echos of U2, Radiohead, Coldplay but thats because these guys wear their influences as well as their hearts on their sleeves. Stand out tracks are Stop and Stare, Mercy, Tyrant, Prodigal. It's an epic stadium sized sound, flawlessly played. Dreaming out loud should be one of the great albums of 07/08.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 13 May 2008
Ms. S. J. Rohling "Mrs Ryan" (Oxford, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Dreaming Out Loud (Audio CD)
After first listening to the album i fell in love with the way the tracks seem to draw you in and want you to listen to them over and over again. The obvious songs that have been released will have everyone playing them over and over again but listen on to later tracks and you will discover that they do the same. One of the best albums i have brought in a long while. I actually went to see the band at the Shepherds Bush Empire last night and they were excellent. Sounded perfect like the album, so in my opinion, buy the album and go see them live soon......you will not be disappointed!!!!!