Format: DVD|Change

on 28 July 2010
A film not widely known about...if you get a copy watch it and enjoy. It is absolutely side splittingly brilliant. Berni Mac RIP steals the show for me...he is quite simply amazing and it's so sad he alongside Isaac Hayes are no longer with us. There are scenes is this film that I could watch a million times and still laugh at. It's a good idea to have subtitles on so you can catch every word which has relevance to the film. Superb!!
on 24 June 2009
Brilliant and funny, sad when you think that TWO black icons starred in this and it became their last movie. Perfect perfomances by Mr Jackson, Mr Mac & Mr Hayes. Well worth buying.
on 29 September 2015
Brilliant brilliant brilliant. Ignore the bad language (its funny). But to see a cameo of the amazing Millie Jackson (F**** You .....)
with the truly incredible Isaac Hayes (what a loss to the music industry) - this film I will watch over and over again and
keep forever! It is fabulously funny but a great storyline - and the music!!! Wow.
on 8 January 2014
Saw this on TV just before Christmas and thoroughly enjoyed both the story line and the actors performances. I would hazard a guess that this film is loosely based on Sam & Dave who never spoke to each other off stage? If you like a bit of comedy, lot of swearing (which fits within the characters) and some great Soul music, then this film, especially at the price, will give you a good evening entertainment.
on 15 November 2010
What happens when Bernie Mac (RIP) and Samuel L Jackson decide to reunite their band, The Real Deal, to sing at a concert in memory of the recently deceased third member of the band? Absolute craziness and hilarity. The film spans the 4 days up to the night of the concert.

I watched this film with my husband and we both enjoyed it immensely. Definitely laugh out loud funny.

What made me feel sad was to see Bernie Mac and Isaac Hayes together on screen. Two of the greatest black performers that ever lived - Mr Mac in comedy and Mr Hayes in music. Much missed!
on 29 January 2016
As a fan of both Samuel L. Jackson and Bernie Mac this film was irresistible. Both the lead stars equip themselves well with the gags and the singing and you can almost believe they really were soul singers! Very funny, very enjoyable.
on 13 June 2009
Good film, fantastic picture quality, bit saucy in parts, lots of laughs and a fitting final tribute to Bernie Mac and Isaac Hayes.
on 23 November 2014
A nice tribute to the Blue's Brother. It was really entertaining and worth watching on a chilled Saturday
on 29 July 2013
I thought Bernie & Samuel were funny together in this and as storylines go, nothing was left hanging all ties were tied.
The soundtrack was nostalgic and the credits at the end confirmed that Bernie and Samual had actually sang most of
the songs. I thought the tribute of the film to both Bernie Mac and Isaac Hayes who died in the same year was good.
I was surprised at the price I paid for it, which was virtually nothing and so I have nothing at all to complain about and
was very happy with my purchase
on 20 February 2015
I loved Samuel L Jackson's character and it was great to see him sing and dance. There were some laugh out loud moments but what really spoilt it for me was the CONSTANT swearing. I realise that the Yanks have great difficulty making any films without using bad language but this film really takes first prize. I lost the plot and most of the dialogue with the continuous use of 'Mother F***er' every other word.