Size: 1 Pack/S|Change

on 13 March 2013
I bought this with a couple of other things because of it's low (£1.99 at the time) price. I needed it to unscrew the bottom of my laptop (T5 Screws).

I managed to unscrew just one before the end rounded itself off and became useless. It's seriously the worst thing I've ever bought. It wasn't that I was being too aggressive with the screwdriver as I have had other Torx Kits in the past and they have been just fine.

Other bad things about the design:
- Screw bit falls out really easily
- Flimsy design overall
- Bit holder doesn't fit properly and rattles around

Needless to say it went straight in the bin! For the sake of £1.99 I can get over it but it sells for £9.99 in Maplin!
on 9 October 2014
Should have listened to the reviews. I assumed if I went easy with it, that it would be fine, but it didn't even manage the six screws in my laptop before the ends of the T5 one simply rounded off, making it unusable. It's as if the material used on this just comes off as it makes contact with other materials, even when taking it real easy.

I do not recommend this item at all, and have purchased a £10 kit instead which hopefully will have some better quality to it.
on 27 September 2013
********
Please note that this review is based ONLY on the T6 attachment/head of this product as that is the only one that I have used.
********

I bought this to open up my Macbook pro and change it's HDD, at this price I figured I couldnt go wrong.

My local hardware store does sell a set of screwdrivers but its a bit more expensive and since I ordered a SSD along with this, I figured the disk would come with the screwdriver kit and all would be good.

It comes in a nice enough package, compact and easy to store, but the problem started once I started using the T6 attachment, after just two screws the head of the screwdriver (the part the slots into the screw)frayed, which meant that as I tried to unscrew the other screws the head just rotated in there but would not "catch" the slots to rotate/open it.

I went to my local hardware store, bought their set and opened the rest of the screws as well as refit all the screws without a problem.

The other screw heads might be good but the smaller ones suck (IMHO) as their metal is too soft and frays.

Would return it except at this price... not really worth returning.
on 3 January 2013
These Torx bits are suitable for standard Torx (or Star) headed screws without a central pin. They are not suitable for Security Torx screws with a central pin since the bits do not have a hole in the end. This tool covers the smaller Torx sizes from T4 upwards often not included in larger Torx sets. Note: some applications (e.g. mobile phone disassembly) will require smaller Torx bits from size T1 upwards.

This Torx set is good quality for the price paid (£2.09, free delivery). Unlike previous reviewers, I found that each Torx bit is held firmly in the supplied handle and can be removed easily. The set of Torx bits in their holder can be stowed in the end of the handle. It can be used in applications where significant turning force is not required (e.g. removal of Torx headed screws from PCBs and light disassembly of cases). The overall length and diameter of the tool is c. 130mm x 15mm including handle and fitted bit. No extension shaft is supplied so may not be suitable for applications requiring reach greater than 100mm. The bits have hexagonal shafts c.3mm in diameter and are double ended. The diameter was too small to fit in the handle/extension bar from my larger Torx set.

This did the job, for a very low price and was delivered next day by Babz Media.
on 16 August 2012
I was surprised how small the handle was, but as I have small hands it's not really an issue. There are 4 adapter pieces with 8 "ends", 1x T4&T5, 1x T6&T7, 2x T8&T9 (I got 2 of the same rather than 1 which had T10 and T15 ends, hence the missing stars, but I didn't need those sizes anyway it turns out).
Each adapter fits securely in the main handle, and the adapter holder makes up the handle end (the spare adapters fit inside, making use of the space).
I wondered for a while why I could not get the adapter holder to click all the way into the handle (it swivles) then when I used it for the first time it made perfect sense, it's so the handle can move without you having to readjust your hand (palm doesnt get stuck to the base and skin twisted).
I thought that was clever and I was very apreciative when I had to unscrew numerous scres from a couple of hard drives.
This product is very good for the price
on 13 March 2013
I ordered this item to be used in place of the larger and bulkier kit I already own. This is because I needed a thin screwdriver that would reach the depth of the rather thin access opening.

Screwdriver is poorly engineered and the fattest of the 8 does not actually engage the screwdriver slot, since it is marginally larger than the available aperture.

Note: Height of utilisable shaft ie from yellow handle to the tip is 4.4cm

Pros: Lightweight and delicate - one can access very small access points.
: Tiny and easy to carry around
: Probably useful for most regular needs

Cons: Poorly engineered
: One has to wait till orders >£20 are made till you can get delivery.
: Item description does not mention dimensions of the part.
on 3 November 2012
I purchased this product in order to remove the PCB from a hard drive. When it arrived I discovered that the manufacturer had included two T4/T5 pieces instead of a T6/T7 piece. Given that I had purchased the screw driver purely for the T6 this was a huge disappointment and rendered the screw driver useless for its intended purpose.

Had the correct pieces been included it would probably have been sufficient for the job. It does feel quite cheaply made and although the pieces do conveniently slide into the handle, the plastic housing they slot into rattles inside the handle when you hold the screw driver which is quite annoying. The pieces are also hard to pull off the housing as you can't get your fingers around them, so although the design may look nice and compact it's not so good in practice.

I was probably just unlucky to get the wrong screw driver pieces but based on my experience I can't really recommend this product or rate it highly.
on 3 September 2013
But the bottom bit with the bits, which hides inside the body, is almost impossible to remove at the first attempt and now I won't go back in - I'm loathe to force it in in case I have to battle again to get it out again! Saying that, the bits themselves are excellent!
on 15 March 2016
Did the job I bought it for and provides a good selection of torx bits. However, the bits don't stay in the screwdriver body so when you use it pointing downwards, they fall out! Major flaw.
on 15 September 2014
I bought it on someone's recommendation to disassemble a Nokia N9. I ended up stripped 4 (four!) out of 9 screws trying to use it. I then went to my local phone repair shops, asking them to loosen up whatever screws they could with a proper Torx. They did and I brought the phone back home, intending to finish it off with this contraption, only to find that it still did not work, even on the screws already loosened up!

I ended up going to Maplin and buying a universal Torx for 99p which worked perfectly. Unfortunately the 4 stripped screws cannot be persuaded with anything. I may need to cut them off with a dremel.