4.0 out of 5 stars Adjustable fit
the back is adjustable which pulls in the front
very flattering coat that is thin & small fitting
ordered a 16 that fits well
what ever size you are order the next 1 or 2 up if available
note the sleeves are likely to be just that little bit too short unless your petite
Published 9 months ago by Hels

3.0 out of 5 stars Ok.
Published 14 months ago by SuziB

3.0 out of 5 stars Ok., 30 Dec. 2013
SuziB - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This coat looks beautiful in the picture & my daughter & myself both fell in love with it, so I had no doubts about ordering it as a secret Christmas gift. When it arrived however I began to be rather concerned, firstly the packaging was very small for what (with p&p) was a £60 coat. I opened it & inside the coat was made of a quite thin "summer mac" material, rather than the thicker, more substantial winter coat I was expecting for the price. Also, because of having been packed into such a small bag & with the type of material it was, it was screwed up dreadfully. I was so concerned that I broke my golden rule of secret gifts & had my daughter examine/try on the coat. I'm so glad I did, she had loved the picture of the coat, but the reality just did not live up to it's photo & she very quickly said she did not want it (she wants me to give it 2 stars!) The quality overall wasn't bad, but I have a coat of the same material & quality that cost me £15. For £60 I did expect a lot more! The seller was very good, refunding me etc, however I did have to pay my return p&p which I thought a bit off as a- I'd returned the coat for bigger reasons than simply "changing my mind" & b- When the coat was unwrapped from it's outer packaging it was clear to see that the inner (Clear) packaging was very badly ripped & I don't think it should have been sent out like that (especially as it was going to be a gift) it just looked like some tat I'd picked up off a market stall in the wrapping!

2.0 out of 5 stars I did like this coat..........., 24 Oct. 2012
Pyewacket "czarnowice" (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
when I saw it on Amazon's web site. In reality it isn't half as nice as it looks. First off, the material has been skimped on. I am a size 6-8 but bought a size 10 so I could wear a jumper underneath it........fat chance. (pardon the pun). I know the material is cotton so there is no 'give' as such but most of my other cotton jackets are a size 8 and they fit a treat so what I am saying is that the material has been badly skimped on. It isn't exactly a cheap jacket either and to turn up squashed into a plastic bag simply isn't on.

Yes, it looks nice on the web site but in reality it looks cheap. I certainly wouldn't recommend buying it unless you are prepared to spend hours ironing which of course you shouldn't have to do with a new item of clothing.

4.0 out of 5 stars Adjustable fit, 29 May 2014
This review is from: Classic Cotton Victorian Gothic Steam Punk Vampire Corset Riding Jacket Coat Plus Sizes 8-28.
the sleeves are a bit short
the back is adjustable which pulls in the front
very flattering coat that is thin & small fitting
ordered a 16 that fits well
what ever size you are order the next 1 or 2 up if available

5.0 out of 5 stars lightweight mac with gorgeous ruffles at back, 11 April 2014
I am normally size 10-12 but ordered a 12 in this coat as other reviews suggested it was a slightly small fit. The size 12 fits me beautifully, and i am 5ft 2ins curvy size 10-12 with a bust that normally needs a bigger size in fitted items.

It was very creased when it arrived (within 3 days of purchase on standard delivery), but nothing a quick iron couldnt fix. Lightweight material, and wouldnt call it as heavy as usual mac-type coat material. but really a lovely fit and shape. very flattering as it nips in at the waist.

All in all, very pleased with this purchase!

5.0 out of 5 stars Follow the size guide and you won't be dissapointed., 20 Sept. 2014
I'm an odd shape, large chest, average waist. I usually wear a size 16 but when buying this jacket I carefully considered the size chart. I picked a size to fit my chest (22) and was pleased to read that the waist could be pulled in by about three inches. Looks brilliant and accentuates an hourglass figure. Not a heavy coat, it's just right for autumn with boots. Gorgeous. I love it!

4.0 out of 5 stars beautiful., 26 Dec. 2011
Beautiful front and back. Corset detailing charming. Only problem is thin material and probably irdera size above. Overall a lovely coat, I wear it everywhere!

5.0 out of 5 stars jacket, 22 Jun. 2011
i bought this jacket for my wifes birthday,she was over the moon, quality is excellent as was the fit and styledelivery also first class all in all i got it right

4.0 out of 5 stars Gorgeous, 18 Feb. 2015
Order at least one size bigger.(would have been 5 stars if true to size).
Creases a little but they mostly drop out when hung.

Stunning to look at, light weight (mac type) jacket.
A very happy Daughter.

4.0 out of 5 stars Thin cotton summer coat, 13 Feb. 2013
Not very warm but very nice arrived on time well packaged and so on no complaints. Black coat really what more could you say?

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 18 Feb. 2015