5.0 out of 5 stars Not a snug fit?!
I have just unwrapped this item and felt compelled to write a review because of all the negative ones I had read prior to ordering.

Published on 14 Mar. 2012 by J. Dixon

2.0 out of 5 stars bad quality
i purchased a macbook pro last year and thought this would be the best thing to buy to protect it. i was sorely disappointed. the case itself is very thin and the zips have both fallen off. not worth any money really.
Published 17 months ago by anonymous

5.0 out of 5 stars Not a snug fit?!, 14 Mar. 2012
J. Dixon - See all my reviews
This review is from: 13.3" Inch Apple Macbook Soft Carry Case Sleeve - Black (Electronics)

As you can see from the description on amazon, this case is made to fit the 13.3" Macbook (which was discontinued June 2011), NOT the 13" MB Pro - although as I believe that model is smaller it should do the trick more or less. As far as I can tell, this is a perfect fit, and is as snug as you can get without the zips catching the Macbook inside. Granted, the case isn't as thick as it could be, but its perfect for some extra protection whilst being transported around within a larger bag.

It's good value, and certainly fits its purpose - I can only assume all the one stars on here are because of a misunderstanding around which model this is intended for.

5.0 out of 5 stars Memory Foam, 30 Jan. 2011
Bought this to protect my new MacBook Pro, very nice bag, well made and Memory Foam too. since it is not a snug fit on my Pro I think it would fit the polycarbonate MacBook too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just right for the purpose, 7 Dec. 2010
Roger Taylor (Marlow, Bucks, UK) - See all my reviews
Having a new (second hand) MacBook I wanted to keep it safe from knocks. At under a tenner this is ideal. Seems well made, good zips, fits perfectly. Ideal

5.0 out of 5 stars 13.3" Inch Apple Macbook Soft Carry Case Sleeve - Black, 26 Feb. 2011
Having invested into a premium piece of hardware in the Macbook Pro, the importance of protecting it was utmost as i intend to take with me on my travels. Made from a sufficient thickness and density of foam (approx 4mm), this will easily protect the shell of your Macbook Pro from general day to day knocks. Around the periphery there is additional side/end protection in the white piping trim that runs all around the case, as well as an internal foam section. Inside there are small elasticated cords on the corners just to act as placement rather than actual securing of case to laptop. The case is secured by a good quality double-zip that allows it to fully open out and hinge itself along one of the length sides.

This is a simple, no fuss, good protection case that works for a competitive price. I would recommend this product over most of the solutions on sale at a high-street retail stores due to their over-priced branded products.

4.0 out of 5 stars Cheap but effective, 5 Jun. 2011
This may not be as stylish as some other covers for Macbook pro, but it does the job. I don't agree with the reviewer who thought this sleeve was too spacious. I also have a Speck clear cover, which fulfils a different purpose and this sleeve has enough room to accommodate it.

2.0 out of 5 stars bad quality, 31 Oct. 2013

1.0 out of 5 stars Definitely Does Not Fit A 13.3" MacBook Pro, 27 Sept. 2011
This seemed like an excellent product and indeed when it arrived I was pleased with the quality. However, there was no way in which my 13.3" MacBook Pro would fit within the dimensions of this case, and I really didn't want to force the issue and either split the seams or damage the surface of my computer with the zip.

2.0 out of 5 stars Worth the money?, 23 Sept. 2011
Can get a much better case for a similar or lower price. It has the most simple zip system for opening/closing. I use this case to protect my 13" MacBook Air and it's by no means a neat fit. And as the case is very badly padded, I'm not even sure if come an accidental circumstance, it would provide any protection for my Mac. And considering i'm pretty certain it's not a genuine Apple product I would simply avoid.

1.0 out of 5 stars way too big for 13' mac book pro, 28 July 2014
This does NOT fit a 13 inch macbook pro, despite the description explicitly stating: "Laptop Carry Case to fit 13' inch laptops" ! Make sure you check the measurements instead of blindly believing the description like I did..

3.0 out of 5 stars Worst Purchase ever made, 12 Dec. 2014
Well, to start my review, I bought this for my Macbook Pro 13 mid 2012. I was searching for a case that fits it, and offers decent protection. I bought this and I admit this is the worst purchase I have ever made! First, there is no protection at all, try to pinch with one finger over the case and you will feel the foam inside shrinking, leave that for the next day and the cosmetic disgrace is still there. What kind of protection is that? Is that water proof? Rainy days are miserable with this case, it does not offer any protection from water. Further the ridiculous Apple logo is not printed directly on the case, it is some kind of cheap sticker fixed on it. You can feel that! It is really awful, I do not recommend it.