5.0 out of 5 stars Not a snug fit?!
I have just unwrapped this item and felt compelled to write a review because of all the negative ones I had read prior to ordering.

Published on 14 Mar. 2012 by J. Dixon

2.0 out of 5 stars Worth the money?
Published on 23 Sept. 2011 by GMRankin

5.0 out of 5 stars Not a snug fit?!, 14 Mar. 2012
J. Dixon - See all my reviews
This review is from: 13.3" Inch Apple Macbook Soft Carry Case Sleeve - Black (Electronics)

As you can see from the description on amazon, this case is made to fit the 13.3" Macbook (which was discontinued June 2011), NOT the 13" MB Pro - although as I believe that model is smaller it should do the trick more or less. As far as I can tell, this is a perfect fit, and is as snug as you can get without the zips catching the Macbook inside. Granted, the case isn't as thick as it could be, but its perfect for some extra protection whilst being transported around within a larger bag.

It's good value, and certainly fits its purpose - I can only assume all the one stars on here are because of a misunderstanding around which model this is intended for.

5.0 out of 5 stars Memory Foam, 30 Jan. 2011
Bought this to protect my new MacBook Pro, very nice bag, well made and Memory Foam too. since it is not a snug fit on my Pro I think it would fit the polycarbonate MacBook too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just right for the purpose, 7 Dec. 2010
Roger Taylor (Marlow, Bucks, UK) - See all my reviews
Having a new (second hand) MacBook I wanted to keep it safe from knocks. At under a tenner this is ideal. Seems well made, good zips, fits perfectly. Ideal

2.0 out of 5 stars Worth the money?, 23 Sept. 2011
Can get a much better case for a similar or lower price. It has the most simple zip system for opening/closing. I use this case to protect my 13" MacBook Air and it's by no means a neat fit. And as the case is very badly padded, I'm not even sure if come an accidental circumstance, it would provide any protection for my Mac. And considering i'm pretty certain it's not a genuine Apple product I would simply avoid.

4.0 out of 5 stars Cheap but effective, 5 Jun. 2011
This may not be as stylish as some other covers for Macbook pro, but it does the job. I don't agree with the reviewer who thought this sleeve was too spacious. I also have a Speck clear cover, which fulfils a different purpose and this sleeve has enough room to accommodate it.

1.0 out of 5 stars Definitely Does Not Fit A 13.3" MacBook Pro, 27 Sept. 2011
This seemed like an excellent product and indeed when it arrived I was pleased with the quality. However, there was no way in which my 13.3" MacBook Pro would fit within the dimensions of this case, and I really didn't want to force the issue and either split the seams or damage the surface of my computer with the zip.

2.0 out of 5 stars bad quality, 31 Oct. 2013
i purchased a macbook pro last year and thought this would be the best thing to buy to protect it. i was sorely disappointed. the case itself is very thin and the zips have both fallen off. not worth any money really.

5.0 out of 5 stars 13.3" Inch Apple Macbook Soft Carry Case Sleeve - Black, 26 Feb. 2011
Having invested into a premium piece of hardware in the Macbook Pro, the importance of protecting it was utmost as i intend to take with me on my travels. Made from a sufficient thickness and density of foam (approx 4mm), this will easily protect the shell of your Macbook Pro from general day to day knocks. Around the periphery there is additional side/end protection in the white piping trim that runs all around the case, as well as an internal foam section. Inside there are small elasticated cords on the corners just to act as placement rather than actual securing of case to laptop. The case is secured by a good quality double-zip that allows it to fully open out and hinge itself along one of the length sides.

This is a simple, no fuss, good protection case that works for a competitive price. I would recommend this product over most of the solutions on sale at a high-street retail stores due to their over-priced branded products.

4.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant product, 13 Jan. 2013
This case is pretty good at protecting your new Macbook Pro. It's prevented scratches, knocks and bumps when around the house. The fit is perfect, not too 'baggy' and keeps the slim line feel of the laptop itself. The best thing about this case is the fact it looks so smart. The design itself is subtle with white piping around the sides and a white apple logo on top. Its nice and simple and makes sure those around you still know you have a mac! I've also found it very useful when preventing my laptop from overheating as it's not too thick! It's great how you can open the top of the case, leaving the bottom inside whilst on the laptop, so it still protects the bottom of it from scratches and those mucky work surfaces.

There are however a few downsides to this case. The foam itself it a little thin, and I don't think your laptop wouldn't survive if you dropped it. The 'zipper' (that you hold onto when doing a zip up) is a little plasticy and I think it would be much better if made in metal. I've found it catches on things quite often as it's not finished smoothly. The logo, to me looks as if it will peel off as it's thin and might crack?

Other than than that, the case does it's job, MacBooks protected and kept clean! I would recommend this case to all as other alternatives can be quite expensive. Now go ahead and buy one!

5.0 out of 5 stars Memory Foam, 11 Sept. 2013
What can I say...

This is exactly what I wanted, a soft case for my expensive mac, I love the memory foam material which moulds to anything then bounces back after 10 or so seconds.

It has a soft foam lip on the inside so the laptop cannot contact the inside of the zip and become scratched, which I feared might be the case when I ordered.

Because of the two zips you can charge the laptop on the floor next to your bed and zip around the charger wire so it is fully protected while charging during the night.

You can also use the laptop with the case on and the top side of the back even crimps around the back edges when in use.

There are a few centimetres of room either side of the Mac when its in the case, which is a good thing in my opinion, I've had too many cases which are skin tight to my laptops, not good!

Despite the low price this is actually a good quality product, I can see it lasting the life of my laptop to be honest!

Bought it through INS-24-7 Fulfilled By Amazon and it arrived before the delivery time slot with free delivery!

Extremely satisified with this product!