5.0 out of 5 stars Aurora AS800CD
What a super shredder! Having tolerated my old HSL shredder, which could barely cope with a single sheet of A4 and happily over-heated after about 3 minutes of use, I bit the bullet and bought the above after reading previous purchasers' comments.
Published on 5 Mar. 2011 by Geoff rushworth

1.0 out of 5 stars No good
This shredder worked well for about three months after which it stopped working completely. I hadn't overwhelmed the cutters with anything too thick either, and never even got to use the part that cut disks. Waste of money.
Published on 20 Mar. 2012 by crumbs

5.0 out of 5 stars Aurora AS800CD, 5 Mar. 2011
This review is from: Aurora AS800CD Cross Cut Paper Shredder with 8 Sheet Capacity and Large Waste Bin (Office Product)
While I've not tried to shred a CD, and probably never shall, I've tried 8 sheets of paper and while they didn't exactly zoom through the shredder coped ok.
I then continued shredding at around 4 sheets per time and yippee - no jamming, over-heating, or cursing!, and the job was completed in a tenth of the time that my HSL would have required!
In my opinion this is a good product!Aurora AS800CD Cross Cut Paper Shredder with 8 Sheet Capacity and Large Waste Bin

5.0 out of 5 stars Aurora AS800C Cross Cut Paper Shredder, 14 Jan. 2011
I needed a shredder to shred the typical household things, like receipts and bank statements, and this does the job, whilst looking good.

PROS:
- Sturdy and solid build. The head is rather heavy, but has an aesthetic handle at the top to lift it from the bin;
- Nice sleek design (doesn't look "officey" at all);
- Shreds the paper into really tiny pieces, which was a concern with a non-cross cut shredder. If I had hamsters, they would have a happy home;
- It handles many receipts & paper at one go at a good speed - I do not tend to feed it much at one go (just a personal preference), but the heavy head definitely has a manly enough shredder;
- The new engine inside smells quite nice when you first start using it;
- It shreds CDs. It has a nice guard on the CD shredder, too;

CONS:
- I cannot see any drawbacks to it right now. It's exactly what I needed.

NOTE: When shredding bank statements (around 4 sheets), do not fold them, as this can give the shredder a bit of a hard time. This is NOT the shredders' fault, as it clearly states that it can "only" take up to 8 sheets, which is really great. I managed to temporarily jam it by feeding it a folded 4 sheet bank statement, but it was easily resolved by pressing the Auto and Reverse buttons.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great shredder, 19 Mar. 2011
This was a replacement for my old 'strip' shredder, and I'd have to say this is a great product, and so far I've had no issues with it at all. It has happily "munched" it's way through a whole stack of old bills & statements, and didn't even sneer when there were staples in some of them. The credit card slot also works well, but I have not tried out the CD shredding yet; however based on what I've found so far I do not anticipate any issues if ever I need to destroy a CD.

Although it coped with 8 sheets, I found it easier to do no more than 5 at a time, and although the motor does get warm I haven't found any issues with it cutting out (unlike my old shredder).

All in all a great product 9/10

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality Product, 14 May 2011
Got this to replace my old W H Smith shredder which had died on me. This shredder is altogether far superior. It handles multiple sheets with ease and eats credit cards. Been using it for several weeks and it still does not need emptying. It is also much quieter than my previous shredder. Can't fault it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent - i'm very pleased., 29 Oct. 2010
Recieved this recently and i have to say i am very pleased with my purchase, and i will consider buying more for a few friends who i know are in need of a relaiable shredder.

Firsty i think it looks really nice - it has a very shiny black and silver finish which you can just about see in the photos, in reality this looks even better and its quite eyecatching.

I have shredded all of the junk mail that had built up, and the shredder ate it all without flinching.

It seems quieter than i had expected also, the handle is a nice touch and makes emptying easy. I also like the separate slot for shredding CD's which should protect the main shredder although i haven't had need to shred CD's.

On the downside i guess the bin could be a little bigger, but the viewing window allows you to see whats going on there - so really it's not an issue.

I'm a new customer to Amazon and all i can say is that i am very impressed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply the best, 24 Aug. 2011
My previous shredder(not an Aurora)came highly recommended by a leading independent comparison adviser. I had it for 18 months or so by which time it had long ceased to operate as it should have done.It was not up to the job which, seeing it was for use in a domestic study, was pretty poor. Having read the reviews for the Aurora AS800CD(paying special attention to the few unfavourable ones !!),I decided it was a shredder worth buying. I have not been disappointed .It looks and feels the real deal and believe you me,it is. I would suggest it is a leader on both price and performance.It shreds all sorts of paper including bank statements,junk mail and the like ,even sheets held together by staples and credit cards disappear without any problem.It has a good sized waste bin with a large window to see how full it is getting and has a very useful handle to lift the lid from the waste bin for emptying.If your'e looking for an effective, reliable shredder that doesn't take up a lot of room and does a good job quickly and efficiently , look no further than the Aurora AS800CD.

5.0 out of 5 stars Aurora AS800CD, 17 Mar. 2011
C. Pearce (England) - See all my reviews
I scanned all the reviews...and this shredder is the best you can buy for the money. It is sleek in looks and can handle 2-3 sheets at a time without stopping to cool down like some brands. My strong advice is to buy it....and NEVER NEVER BUY A FELLOWES SHREDDER!. The gears are plastic and they just fail, who in their right mind would build a shredder with plastic gears?...and plastic fails pretty quickly. If you call Fellowes they kindly tell you about the plastic gears and it cannot be fixed...even if it is within warranty.I have had 2 Fellowes and all went in the dustbin within weeks. The Aurora AS800CD does not have the same issues and cheap gears...so you know what to do.

5.0 out of 5 stars Aurora AS800CD Cross Cut Paper Shredder, 16 Mar. 2011
The shredder is beautiful as it has a high gloss black finish. It performs very well, although I have not shredded a credit card or CD as yet. The noise is low compared to other shredders of similar price and you can use a transparent plastic bag in the bin so there is no mess when disposing of the cuttings.

4.0 out of 5 stars Does exactly what it says on the box, 16 Aug. 2011
Overall I liked this product. It arrived on time and well packaged. Once set up it worked well and cuts pieces into 1-2cm x 0.5cm (guessing) rectangles.

Upsides are that it is good value for money, the metal cutters are really thick, solid and look tough, you can shred almost constantly for quite a while before it overheats. I've used it lots and not had any problems with it jamming. Window in the bin helps to let you know it's getting full.

Downsides are that the bin is rather flimsy considering how heavy the top bit is and it's still a tad small if you're doing loads so you do have to keep stopping to empty it.

Also, it might just be me but when I got it I thought it didn't work as it wouldn't shred. There is a small rounded plastic bit on the bin that has to slide exactly into the right place on the shredder for it to work. This isn't very clear in the instructions. When you place the top on the bin it doesn't naturally sit in the right position so you have to slip it into place. Then (and this might just be my one) you have to adjust it slightly for it to work.

I've not listed this as a bad thing as it is a security feature and once you know to do it it becomes automatic. But just remember to try it first before giving up and thinking it is broken!

4.0 out of 5 stars Auroa AS800CD Paper Shredder, 10 Mar. 2011
A good solid product, with large waste bin. Ideal for home office. Shreds credit cards & CD's with ease.The only problem I have found is that the paper to be shredded has to be inserted at an angle to allow the auto detection to work.Aurora AS800CD Cross Cut Paper Shredder with 8 Sheet Capacity and Large Waste Bin