Shop now Shop now  Up to 50% Off Fashion  Shop all Amazon Fashion Shop now Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Listen with Prime Shop now Shop now

on 5 April 2010
I have purchased this album elsewhere however I would like to make a review here in order to spread the word and help others decide in potentially buying this.

The Black Eyed Peas album "The E.N.D." is on form as ever. Compiled with many of Black Eyed Pea's latest successes along with a few others that are partially discovered throughout their listeners, The E.N.D. makes a very good album this year. The audio quality is as ever excellent, and current trend within the genre.

If you are ever within the tides of wether to buy this or not, I would recommend it. If you're an avid fan of Black Eyed Peas, this is a must buy within their current albums.

Excellent!
on 6 June 2009
Im a big fan of the Peas and loved both their last 2 albums. This one is a little different and I think will be a grower. It's more mature and I think goes back to their original style of Bridging the Gap and pre Fergie days which I wasn't hugely keen on. But its not quite as random and fun as Elephunk or Monkey Business. It's definately a dance album with some major beats so I think will be a great album for the car with the windows down and the sun shining! My general conclusion is its a bit different but I like that. Its good for bands to try something new and develop different styles.

Also, the 2nd disc edition contains 4 new tracks and 6 remixes of previous songs including one for Pump It which I absolutely love. But they are all great and I think for big BEP fans its worth the extra cash.
Reinvention cannot take place without some degree of risk.
BEP have taken risks aplenty with their latest release 'The End'
("The Energy Never Dies") and the results are hugely satisfying.

The slinky shift from all purpose polished pan-world pop
to a harder-edged synthetic sound has come as a nice surprise.

Mr. am and his cohorts seem very much at home in their new
reincarnation. They will doubtless lose some of their hardcore
devotees but for those with a more open mind and ears there are
many pleasures to be found in this generous sixteen song collection.

In 'Meet Me Halfway', with its dance-friendly beat and seductive central
vocal performance from the inimitable Ms Ferguson, is as near-perfect
a pop song as you will be likely to hear this summer.

'One Tribe', with its naive but sincere one-world message is a positive
anthem for the noughties - no bad thing in such dark times !

One can almost imagine some of these compositions having been conceived
in whatever the transatlantic equivalent to a suburban bedroom might be.
Relatively simple resources economically and effectively employed.

Technology harnessed to refined and competent pop sensibility comes together
in rousing form in what is arguably the album's finest track 'Gotta Feeling'.
If it doesn't make you feel like dancing then you haven't got a heart.
(Mrs Wolf proudly demonstrated her recently acquired pole-dancing class skills
to me with this number - a truly perfect wonder to behold !)

I have never been a big fan of synthesised vocal treatments but somehow they
seem to work here when managed by songsmiths of such strong talent and calibre.
'Alive' is a vividly realised case in point. The balance between
artifice and reality is consummately managed. Ms F once again on top form.

'Missing You' manages to combine the gritty urban-groove of its loping
verses with a Motown-like chorus of uplifting and genuinely affecting pathos.

All-in-all a thoroughly splendid show from a fine little band
who took a chance in flying off in a new direction.

The evidence supports the view that it was a risk more than worth taking.

Highly Recommended.
44 comments|29 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
This may not be a popular view, but every time a BEP album comes out I think it's fresh and new, but a year later I can't be bothered with it because it sounds a bit stale to me. Could be that by naming themselves after food, the Black Eyed Peas have got it spot on - as they are masters at producing fresh new sounds, which (in my opinion) have no longevity to them. If you think I'm talking rubbish by saying this, they've actually acknowledged this is true themselves in a commitment they have made to keep shaking up the production of the tracks on this album and coming up with newer versions through their website.

So then, I find myself yet again loving a new BEP album and wondering if this time it'll last.

This album changes style dramatically, and many people won't like it - but probably just as many people will love it. Boom Boom Pow is not a fluke - the BEPs have definitely gone down the synth/dance route - although there are still moments where the old BEPs of Elephunk hang on.

Standout tracks for me include Boom Boom Pow, Imma Be, Missing You and Meet Me Halfway.

This version has a second CD, with new material and remixes. Does this prove their commitment to revisiting their music and updating it? Perhaps so, or perhaps it's just a promotional disc - you can't read too much into it - just know that it's not some half-hearted effort and it's definitely worth the money if you're into the Peas.
on 15 October 2009
We bought this on the way from Aberdeen to London at a service station in Warwick
'I Gotta Feeling', 'Boom Boom Pow' and 'Party all the time' are the best tracks and were immediately our favourites.

The others grow on you - except for Imma Bee which we never quite got into !

Here's our scores out of 10 - Bear in mind that these are average scores from everyone (4 of us) in the car, aged between 11 and 42 - It's difficult to please all of the people all of the time !

Boom Bom Pow - 9
One Tribe - 9
Rockin' To the beat - 5
Mare - 6
on 28 July 2009
At first I listened to every track carefully, on the second listen I was singing along. Third, dancing and nodding my head in the car and stereo on full blast (always a good sign). If you like the B.E.Ps previous work, you'll love this. Powerful beats, Fergie's distinctive voice, Will-I-Am slick as always. Nothing to disappoint here. Perhaps a more mature sound for them if anything, but not the detriment, you'll soon be loving it as much as the previous albums. Boom Boom Pow an obvious hit. Rock your body - fantastic intro. Now Generation, very apt lyrics. Imma Be, great style and beat. Been listening for a few weeks and loving it.
on 27 January 2015
Being a bit generous here, as thought i'd start with the terrible wanna bee. Very immature lyrics mainly, severe pruning will be needed prior to download, especially in the last third. Got it from Poundland thankfully, so no spilt milk. Most songs just tossed off in the tour bus. Vapid repetition over and over in many songs, one even counts down from 10-1! Won't age well. At least you'll get a good sound stage.I don't mind a fun funky times idea, but it lacks songwriting in the main.
on 10 February 2012
So, this CD has a lot of great tracks on it and im happy in that aspect of things becuase i bought this as a birthday present for my mom.

Then why only three stars ?

Becuase when the package arrived, it looked perfectly fine untill i unwrapped it, it was scratched to buggary, cracked on the back and had a HUGE crack on the front. Therefore i have had to replace it with one of my CD covers to make it look better. The CD itself also had a few scratches too.

Not happy.
on 2 January 2010
I bought this for my 10 year old daughter for christmas
That she would enjoy it was never in doubt, but what was a revelation is that both I and my husband love it,
The family, ranging from 9-49, has musical taste ranging from Hannah Montana to Nickelback via Micheal Buble.
The album has an eclectic mix of songs and I hope it will be a while until we tire of it, as the arguments in the car over what we listen to will restart.
on 29 May 2010
Rock That Body, Meet Me Half way and I got a feeling are all right songs, the rest of them aren't as good in my opinion. Some of the remixes in the deluxe are cool. It's the weakest BEP album so far, especially compared to Elephunk, Monkey Buisness and the under-rated Behind The Front and brigiding the gap.

Boom Boom Pow and Imma are easy to get stuck in your head.