5.0 out of 5 stars Unique workout - a great new addition to the 10 minute solution series
I have most of the 10 minute solution exercises DVDs and I couldn't wait for this latest one latest from Suzanne Bowen. I really rate 10 Minute Solution - Pilates Perfect Body [DVD]and [[ASIN:B001J1O852 10 Minute Solution: Blast Off Belly Fat and this dvd is just as good as those two. I am reviewing it after using it regularly for a couple of weeks. Right from the...
Published on 14 Jan 2011 by K King

3.0 out of 5 stars Not for beginners
My main problem with this DVD is that there is no warm up, it just goes straight into very intensive exercises. I'm not an expert but I thought you could risk injury if you didn't warm up properly. These exercises stretch the muscles until they shake and I ached for about 3 days after each section. On the plus side the instructions were easy to follow. I didn't realise...
Published on 6 Feb 2011 by Kannaranna

‹ Previous | 110 11 12 | Next ›

1.0 out of 5 stars Over rated!, 26 Jan 2012
This review is from: 10 Minute Solution - Blast Off Body Fat [DVD] [2010] (DVD)
This is the first 10 mintue solutions dvd I have bought and was very disappointed with the workouts. I did all 5 of the workouts in one go and thought it would be really challenging but I literally didnt break a sweat and my heart beat barely increased. Dont get me wrong some of the exercises did make me shake and I did feel the burn but I dont think the dvd should be called 'Blast Off Body Fat', it's more of a toning dvd to be done after a cardio workout to focus on specific trobule zones. I am a big fan of Jillian Micheals and after some of her workouts I actually feel like I am going to die! I thought that this dvd would give me similar results basing my judgements on the previous reviews written. Think Im going to stick with Jillian from now on. :)

5.0 out of 5 stars good - but hard work!!, 17 Feb 2011
laineyf "widnes" (warwickshire) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
If you're looking for an exercise dvd that really works those muscles, then this is the one for you. However, if you're looking for a dvd that is easy to follow and easy on the body, then I would say think twice!! The 10 minute solutions are really good dvd's, especially for those who haven't got time (or the inclination) to go to the gym. If you follow this dvd to the letter, then you WILL see results (I have, a definite tone up after using daily for 1 month). You do have to work hard though, and leave your comfort zone! That said, it's worth it, and would be of great value if you have a specific area that you wish to tone up, as well as general, all over body conditioning. I thoroughly recommend it, but be warned, you WILL feel it the next day!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Love these DVDs, 4 Jan 2014
This review is from: 10 Minute Solution - Blast Off Body Fat [DVD] [2010] (DVD)
I wrote a review earlier about these 10 minute solution DVDs. Not much more I can say other than they are excellent

5.0 out of 5 stars Does just what title says, 24 Jan 2013
This review is from: 10 Minute Solution - Blast Off Body Fat [DVD] [2010] (DVD)
After using this DVD three to four times weekly for the past 7 months I have gained in fitness and strength tenfold. I now have toned and defined abs, amazingly toned thighs and butt and defined shoulders. This DVD helped me shed the remainder of my body fat in such a short space of time. I have always kept fit with swimming 3 times weekly and daily walking but since discovering this DVD have greatly reduced my swimming time. Suzanne Bowen is so encouraging and helps keep me motivated during every section. Thanks to this DVD I am now a size 8 which is the smallest I have been in 20 years. I look forward to my work out now and always enjoy it. Does not feel like a chore to me. Strongly recommend this DVD. It's brilliant!

4.0 out of 5 stars a good alrounder, 19 April 2012
gadget girl "wifi" (sussex) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
probably what i need as the excersize isnt hard core cardio, it has alot of repititions and so you gain strength all over, i tend to do alot of cardio as i enjoy that sort of excercise but this included inbetween a warmup and a little cardio rounds off my workouts nicely , its a good product depending on your fitness level , not too hard but raises the pulse rate and at a good price without the "star" gimmick thing , worth the money and the little time for a bit of excercise

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for busy people!, 22 April 2011
A. Willmer (London) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I'll be honest. I'm a pretty lazy kind of guy when it comes to exercising and so is my wife (don't tell her I said so - she'll kill me!). We both lead busy lives and find it really hard trying to stay healthy while still meeting all of the demands that life throws our way. So when I saw that this product it looked like the answer to our problems...and, to some extent, it was!

Even though the workouts are short they do make you ache and feel like you've at least got up off of the sofa. Certainly you feel like your muscles are being worked. However, you do wonder if it's enough to keep you actually fit...nevertheless a good product for time poor people.

5.0 out of 5 stars Novel, but it Works!, 24 Mar 2011
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Totally new to exercise DVDs, this is my first "10 Minute Solution"!
Got it at a whim, as never having tried anything like this before. But I am really impressed. In a limited time slot you can squeeze in a respectable amount without the need to tie your shoe laces or put on sweats etc.
Not one for much exercise, I took a punt and am glad that I did.
For the price, this is definitely worth it.

4.0 out of 5 stars 10 Minutes of hell, more than 10 minutes of results!, 13 Mar 2011
SilentSinger (London) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is the third '10 Minute Solution' DVD I've reviewed now for Amazon so they must be doing something right. However, saying that I'm a very faddy exerciser at the best of times and would rather invent a hoard of unappealing chores to avoid it these days, which is a pity. Anyway, this `Blast off Body Fat' edition contains five sets of ten minute workouts focussing on key areas such as arms, thighs, bum, abs and total body, the latter of which is a cardio-based fat burning inferno (my words). I won't lie to you, they're all aimed at the intermediate to advanced exerciser which is great if you're a seasoned aerobics whizz or fitness DVD devotee because many programmes seem to stop at beginner in my opinion. Like many other reviewers, I'm also hugely concerned that these ten minute segments don't contain any warm up or cool down stretches which is downright dangerous in my opinion as it's pretty much essential in my opinion isn't recommended by experts.

The instructor, the amiable toothy American Suzanne `no relation of Jim' Bowen is a good instructor and issues all of the commands in a firm but fair manner, advising about modifications if the moves prove too tricky for the beginner. Visually, she has a body to die for, looks amazing in a selection of skimpy Lycra sportswear and I'm sure any male viewers watching will appreciate her intoxicating screen presence. I do quite like the American style of teaching if I'm honest, many may feel it a little too insincere for their particular tastes.

I thought the bonus DVD was a great addition too, the Pilates workout was very tough but I'm seeing results after only a few sessions. The arms section is good too and does include warm up and cool down stretches (yay!); the instructor on that one does look and sound rather like Phoebe Buffay on steroids though, so watch out. The yoga stretches are excellent too and provide a good introduction to the art of yoga.

3.0 out of 5 stars A good one!, 12 Feb 2011
Laura Smith (Manchester, England) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
If you've not got a lot of time to exercise but want to do SOMETHING, this is a great DVD. Consisting of different 10 minute workouts to cover different areas of the body, you can choose what you want to do, or you can do all of them one after the other if you have time for a full workout. Each 10 minute workout has a warm up and cool down, and the exercises are easy to do but you can really feel them working. Different levels are introduced so as you get fitter, you can increase the level. The presenter is not dislikeable and the music stays in the background, unlike a lot of exercise DVDs!

4.0 out of 5 stars Good for those with little free time, 20 Feb 2011
James B. Spink "Jim" (Kent, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 100 REVIEWER)    (HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
My wife visits the gym a couple of times a week and was looking for a programme to follow at home on days she didn't go. I let her borrow this 10 Minute Solution DVD to see how she got on with it and the feedback was very positive. She liked the fact that that, although quite intense, the workouts could be fitted into her daily schedule as they were very short and time could more easily be found than for some longer workout programmes.

If you are looking for an exercise regime that fits in with a busy lifestyle then this series of 10 Minute Solutions DVDs could be a good choice as you're more likely to stick with them as you should be able to find the time to work with them. Hard work - but soon over! A good compromise for those with little free time.

‹ Previous | 110 11 12 | Next ›