on 29 November 2012
I've now got 4 of these 16Gb 600x Kingston CF's and I must say they have been perfect.

I have had them for quite some time now. I initially purchased 2 back in early 2012 when I upgraded to an Canon 7D. I thought if they worked then I'd buy a few more. If they didn't then I'd plunge and buy the Sandisk one's or something.

Well, I'm pleased to report they have performed 100%. Not a single corrupt file, not a problem at all.

Only one incident..and that's what has lead me to write this review.

I was shooting a wedding earlier in November and came to realised that evening that I had LOST a card...I was gutted! I had written my contact information on the cards etc so was hopeful some good samaratan would return it to me. Well, as luck would have it I went out the next morning as soon as it was light to search for the card. luckily, i found it. It was on the lawn where I was photographing the group shots. It was wet and frozen! Solid! It was covered in grass too. What's more there were signs that other weddings had taken place at the registry after the wedding I shot, so I'm suprised no-one saw it, or even stood on it.

I got it home, dried it off and inserted into my card reader. Presto! My images were all there. Still not a single corrupt image.

Pleased to say I've purchased ANOTHER one now, partly because I'm nervous that card may fail because it's been through an ordeal, partly because I was so impressed.
I have made a point to use that particlar card more than the others I have to test it. I recently went on a small family holiday to Cornwall and used that one card the entire trip. Still working.

Very impressed and I won't hesitate to buy another one.

Should add - Transfer speeds are good enough for me to fire of the maximum of 25 RAW shots on the 7D. (I say maximum because that's all the &d on firmware version 2 can do)
on 11 July 2012
I bought this based on the previous comments about the card working fine in Canon cameras. However I own a 7D which will not format this card.

----Update----
I have now been able to format this card using a card reader attached to my PC. Following this I was able to use it in the camera and format it at will.
Below is a quick and dirty comparison I did to a 16Gb SanDisk Extreme Pro (90Mbps) using a Canon 7D on high speed burst, only shooting in RAW. This,I believe shows that this Kingston card is not actually as fast as advertised!
(all times as close as I can get using a normal watch!)

Kingston 32Gb 600x
Time to fill buffer: 3secs
Photos taken until buffer filled: 20
Time taken to empty buffer: 9secs
# of photos able to be taken whilst buffer empties: 2 every 3 or 4 seconds - sporadically

SanDisk Extreme Pro 90Mbps
Time to fill buffer: 3secs
Photos taken until buffer filled: 22
Time taken to empty buffer: 5 seconds
# of photos able to be taken whilst buffer empties: 2 photos less than every 2 seconds - consistently

In light of this I will probably use the Kingston for around town/zoos/walks etc as it will be able to keep up with standard shooting. However when I go to Africa the Kingston will not be travelling with me as I need to know that when I need it, a shot can be taken.

Hope this helps any Canon users thinking about purchasing this.
on 23 August 2014
Excellent product at a very, very good price for a 32Gb card & Speed rating. Works perfectly in my Canon Eos 5D MK3. Kingston's lifetime warranty is good also.. Once used them last year to RMA a DDR 3 Ram kit when one stick returned errors after 3 years use. Sent to their Kingston upon Thames HQ - brand new ram kit arrived 2 days later after they had received my old kit!! :)) Used various Kingston memory products for years, only time I have ever had a problem 'develop' with any of their items.. good to know they honour their warranty and with fast efficiency. Like with my other 'year's old' Kingston ram kits, Usb sticks & Sdhc cards, hope this CF card will prove to be just as reliable (More than likely!) & will never need to use the lifetime warranty .. just good to know its there! As said, bought mine from Amazon, works perfectly at the claimed speeds on my PC.. + a very noticeable & marked improvement when using in my camera.. A Steal at this price (£34.99 I paid).. just buy one!
on 4 August 2015
Bought this for an EOS 20D. The 20D usually only takes a maximum 8gb but I formatted it in a card reader using the HP USB Disk Storage Format Tool downloaded from Cnet: http://download.cnet.com/HP-USB-Disk-Storage-Format-Tool/3000-2094_4-10974082.html. This took a long time to do a full format but it completed ok. Next I created a folder called DCIM in the root directory and that was that. When I inserted the card into the camera the red light that normally quickly flashes flashed only once? Through the Menu I went to format and it showed the full sixe of the card. Next I took a photo or two and all working ok. Deleted the photos and checked the LCD screen to see how many images were left to take - 999. I took more images but the LCD showed 999, the maximum number that would fit inside the image number window. Given that a 1 GB card can show 106 RAW files the 32 GB card should hold over 3000 RAW images so the 999 should stay in the window for a long time.

Do not attempt to reformat the card in this camera as it will create an 8 GB partition so you will need to reformat via the PC again. It is no good choosing to erase all images either as this has the same effect as a format. However, if you go to the Menu and choose Protect you can protect a single image from being erased. This way you can choose to erase all images but the protected one remains thus preventing a format happening.

Seems to be working ok for now.
on 7 March 2014
Decided after nine years (!) to replace original Sandisk 2gig card bought with the camera.
Seems to work well so far.
Update on above comments:-
After hearing from another Amazon customer that he could only access about half of the 16GB capacity, using a Canon digital camera, I checked on mine (Nikon E8400) and found the same...Two partitions show, but only one appears available for use. Transferring to the pc to confirm, I was eventually able to "manage" using Windows 7, back to the full 16gb but when I replaced the card in the camera, I'm back to only getting half the available shown capacity.
After long exchanges of emails to both Kingston (who insisted on asking the same questions and details several times although they'd previously been answered, including details they say OUGHT to appear printed on one side but are definitely not)raising the question whether the card is genuine or not and Nikon, it turns out that that they say '' Kingston is not an approved brand and the 8400 does not support any memory cards in GB'' which astounds me as I've been using 2gb and 4gb cards with the camera for years. Finally, today, Kingston have asked me to return the card to them for a free replacement. Certainly I call this a decent response, given that the problem may lie elsewhere...
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 31 July 2013
Does what it says on the tin. I have always purchased Sandisk cards after a catastrophic failure of a Lexar card I owned (replaced with a Sandisk card by the supplier) but needed a new high speed card to go in my 5D Mk 3 alongside my Extreme Pro. SD Card. With the Sandisk CF cards at a ridiculous price I looked at alternatives and the Kingston seemed to fair well against the competition in terms of Price and speed! I don't regret purchasing this card at all. It works flawlessly and keeps up with my camera without hesitation! The 32GB card holds around 1000 photos (at 22MP RAW), so with two 32GB cards installed in my camera that's 2000 shots before I need to change them over! Hence this doesn't come out of the camera often! Great product at a great price compared to the competition! If you have a high speed camera with high Megapixel images I would recommend this card without question! Excellent product!
on 16 September 2011
It is very fast and quality cf card. I'm using with canon 7D camera, no problem at all. It is able to write Raw & JPEG at the same time within seconds. I recommend it to fellow user without any reservation.
on 12 June 2012
Goods delivered as advertised works ok in a Nikon D700 but does not work in my Nikon D800. Nikon only recommend lexar or Sandik cards for this camera so this card may work for you although a cheaper Transend card works fine in the D800 sowhy not Kingston
on 1 May 2013
I have always used Sandisk for all my memory card needs and they have always performed 100% for me. As I was going to the Caribbean without a laptop to back-up my files I wanted to take additional fast cards with me. Amazon had SD Sandisk cards at a reasonable price but the CF cards seemed expensive by comparison so I plumped for these Kingston cards. SD cards are quite flimsy and as my camera, a Nikon D300s, takes both I do prefer the robust CF's.

I have been using the Kingston CF's in preference to my Sandisk CF's of late and can report no issues. Buffering performance has been okay as has uploading by inserting the card into the slots on the PC. All in all I have been impressed, particularily by the saving in cost.
on 21 June 2014
This is an excellent, solid built Compact flash card, which I am currently using in a Canon 50D DSLR. The read/write speed match the stated speeds very closely and I am more than happy to trust it on a photo shoot.