on 24 January 2011
Best Friends by Consuelo Saah Baehr is the story of three girls who meet while attending St. Mildred's academy for girls. As most young girls do, they make a promise to each other to remain best friends no matter what, until things suddenly change when Sara unexpectedly has to leave the school because of her father's passing. The book jumps ahead to tell the separate stories of the three women who did not keep in touch as promised and how they have grown on their own as strong women. Even though all three women have certainly had their share of heartache, their lives are still intertwined even though they may not realize it at the time. Best Friends is written in such a way that you are pulled in and can relate to the circumstances in at least one of the women's stories, if not all three. This book reminds us about the value of friendship and how even though friends may spend years apart, they are still willing to sacrifice everything to help a friend. You will experience friendship, love, pain, and loss along with Natalie, Sara, and Miranda from the beginning to the heart wrenching end! Best Friends does contain adult material best suited for mature audiences that are ages 18 and over.
on 4 March 2012
I really enjoyed this book and finished the whole story in a day of miserable weather. It wasn't the best written book I have read, but the story kept my attention and I felt I knew the characters. A few places I felt I wasn't following properly but over all, I enjoyed it
on 1 August 2011
I seem to be drawn to stories about three friends. Last week it was Karen Dee's The Luddite Girls. This week it's Consuelo Saah Baehr's Best Friends - the perennial story of the three friends who promise to stay in touch forever, but whose lives diverge, as lives usually do. But what goes around comes around as they say and their three paths are destined to cross once again.
on 24 March 2011
I loved this book. I felt like I was part of their lives - one of the best friends! Make sure you have a box of tissues ready at the end.....
on 17 August 2012
Purchased this book for my holiday to take on holdays and it made very good reading. Found myself being drawn into the book and could not put it down and ending up reading it in two days. The only down side of this book is the ending I felt that it appeared to be a chapter missing and left you wondering.
on 14 June 2012
This may be the first book I have failed to finish since having my kindle. Reallly struggling to follow who's who as it flits from one character to another. Sometimes I come across a name I don't remember having seen before yet the way it reads I'm obviously supposed to know who they are. Perhaps i dropped off for a bit and continue to turn pages whilst asleep. I think it's a good story line and do want to find out what happens in the end although some reviewers are disappointed in that. Just don't know if I can be bothered.
on 29 May 2012
I really enjoyed this book. I often found i couldn't put it down you really feel for the charachters and get lost in their world. although sometimes I would get a little lost as to what was happerning for example the dalouge between the doctor and nurse in the hospital. I also felt like there was a lot of unanswered questions at the end, which is my pet hate. I would recomend this to someone to read.
on 5 June 2012
This is the worst book I have ever read. Slow moving and way too much detail into characters who have no relevance to the plot. The ending was poor and just didn't seem to be finished properly.

I sometimes was a bit lost on which character i was reading about as the author would flick between them in space of paragraph!!!! In my opinion it was poor and I must have read a different book to the other reviewers.
on 17 April 2012
my first time reading this author and i thought it was a brilliant read. Hilariously funny in places, and hugely emotive in others. a great holiday read.
on 1 May 2012
First time I've read a book in this genre and it had me gripped. Lots of twists, turns and a surprising conclusion.