4.0 out of 5 stars Great sound but does take time to setup!
I have used soundblaster products for a few years now and have a soundblaster card fitted in my desktop PC and up until replacing my laptop, I was using the PCMCIA soundblaster Audigy 2 soundcard.

Therefore as my new laptop does not have a PCMCIA port and combining that with the awful sound coming from the Realtek HD built in soundcard on my new VAIO I plumped...
Published on 23 Jan 2011 by Phil

2.0 out of 5 stars Sound not good enough
Being no audiophile, I was fairly satisfied with this unit when using it with loudspeakers. However, when I started listening to classical piano music through headphones I noticed that the sound was actually quite dreadful. The bass distorts and creates annying high overtones. Not good enough. Now I'm buying the ASUS Sonar U3, which according to some online reviews is...
Published on 16 Mar 2012 by Michael 'De Smurführer' Thomsen

3.0 out of 5 stars A+++ A BIT OVERRATED, 13 Jun 2013
This review is from: Creative Labs 70SB129000002 Sound Blaster X-Fi Go PRO USB Sound Card (Electronics)
THIS SOUND CARD WILL ALWAYS BE BETTER THAN MOST SOUND CARDS IN LAPTOPS ETC, BUT THEN AGAIN, MOST OF THEM ARE. THIS IS A DECENT ENOUGH SOUND CARD BUT I HAVE PURCAHSED BETTER 'SOUNDING' SOUND CARDS FOR SLIGHTLY LESS. NEVERTHELESS, IT WAS A DECENT PURCHASE.

5.0 out of 5 stars USB External Sound Card., 6 Jun 2013
The first one I bought for a couple of pounds was a load of rubbish. This is the tops, better sound quality than my on board lap top sound. My on board headphone jack makes uncertain contact. Sometimes fine sometimes not. Rather than paying loads of money to have the lap top taken apart and the two pressure pads in the socket squeezed in tighter, I bought this and have three USB's to choose from. Head phone jacks can be iffy and subject to wear, this little device can give more places to plug into.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good, 6 Jun 2013
B. Bull (Cornwall) - See all my reviews
Purchased one of these to use with R-Pi to replace the terrible built in audio when using ShairPort. Works very well :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good stuff...Excellent audio reproduction quality., 30 April 2013
It is very good. Excellent stuff. Definately recommend it. 3 weeks so far and still works. Both the speaker and the microphone are excellent!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Creative labs sound blaster USB Card, 15 April 2013
Great bit of kit using it to play my music from my
Laptop through a mixing desk nice sound plenty
Of punch.

5.0 out of 5 stars Makes a really good sound, 9 Nov 2012
It creates lots of bass, my husband finds it perfect for a laptop. Nice sound comes from his office into the house.

5.0 out of 5 stars A life-saver for poor laptop sound, great signal strength, 31 May 2012
I opened it up, plugged it in, and it changed my life. I use Skype several hours a day and listen to music regularly, and this product made it SO much better! I have an Asus X5DIJ which has terrible built-in sound and the jump in signal strength and clarity with this card is PHENOMENAL. Totally worth every penny. I didn't bother installing their drivers as I don't want/need any 'enhancements' to my sound. Out of the box it's just clear and requires no effort to set-up on Windows 7. Time to bliss was 40 seconds.

3.0 out of 5 stars Drivers, 28 Feb 2012
Hi, Bought due to (useless) HP`s laptop integrated sound card went dead. Installed software and drivers from attached CD on Wife`s XP and... got BUZZING NOISE + music from my headphones. After 2h of looking for a help I found on non English website that best solution is to get rid the latest drivers and use Microsoft`s drivers. It worked but who will pay for my 2h wasted time? Info on Creative web site is gentle saying USELESS.
So recommend it IF you are an IT tech.

5.0 out of 5 stars Turning a laptop into a sound studio, 24 Feb 2012
I recently helped out at a local community event where a musical production was being presented to members of our local community as a means of highlighting the centre's facilities and activities.
I had access to a laptop as the sound source and set about editing the music samples I was given and arranged them in play order, the only problem was that the laptop had a very "middle of the road" audio system and thus the sound lacked any real dynamic range.
I found the answer to my dilemma on Amazon with the Creative Labs USB X-Fi Go Pro USB sound card, the installation was a doddle as was the setting up of the software.
The dynamic range of the device is amazing, there was the additional benefits of a mixer and reverb effects that made the audio output far more bright and crisp.
In all a fairly inexpensive way to get great quality sound from a laptop which was not fitted with a decent output device. The output from the device is via 3.5mm stereo jack and can be switched from a line output to a headphone output via a small slide switch on the unit, it also has a stereo Microphone input via 3.5mm jack, and has a removeable cap to protect the USB conntecor when not in use.
Creative Labs 70SB129000002 Sound Blaster X-Fi Go PRO USB Sound Card

4.0 out of 5 stars Great little sound card, 17 Sep 2011
I was looking all over the place for good sound card that was like the quality I am used to with my internal pc sound card. I have used many diffent ones over the years but soundblaster is still the best. I looked at many reviews etc, and trying to see if this sound card works on a netbook, and if it warrants £30(It does). I did find some that hinted at it working on netbooks but nothing firm. It does work on a netbook, I use it on a Eee pc1015px and works wonderfully. I have had no problems with sound on a big logitech 2.1 2300z and no problem on the headphones either(creative aurvana live)
-It vastly improves sound quality (I didn't purchase the program provided on the program disk, it was demo only, not like the old days getting it for free)
-It is worth the money
-It works on netbooks brilliantly
-Sounds great on headphones or speakers(and earphones wow they even sound great too)
-THX too for such a small thing(like a usb memory stick, just a bit wider taking up 2 usb spaces if they are very close together)

In other words I found what I wanted, great sound quality like internal pc soundcard(rich and deep sound), no fuss, small compact enough to put in your pocket. It has a loop to keep the top that covers the usb connector from being lost, it even comes with an short extension cable for the usb(about 5cm long) There are cons or course but only a few. Such as the software with it, the creative toolbox 5 on the disk is only a demo and will cost about £30. Also if you want 5.1 there is nothing for that that I am aware of, but I have not really looked for it since I am just using 2.1 and headphones. But I am certain that it will with the correct accessory. But overall what a great product, I am very happy with it accept for the cheeky demo only software(that is why 4 stars). Still it is well worth the money for that great sound quality...buy it!

ARRAY(0xb77ba54c)