5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent quality gadget
Bought this for work where we have to have tops on drinks to carry. I have had a similar one before but the plunger was plastic and broke quickly - this one is very robust as you would expect from Bodum and makes a really good cup of fresh proper coffee. It also keeps it reasonably warm for about 45 mins.
Published on 18 Sept. 2011 by J. Jarvis

1.0 out of 5 stars good concept, shame it didnt last
broke within the year, had to throw it away. poor quality materials. bought 4 in total wish i hadnt. maybe get a metal one but they are expensive
Published 17 months ago by D. Dickinson

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent quality gadget, 18 Sept. 2011
J. Jarvis (Wirral England) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Multipurpose and brilliant design, 9 July 2012
Kurt Nielsen (Nottingham, UK) - See all my reviews
One of my colleagues have one of these and as I was getting fed up with instant coffee I decided to buy one myself.
The design is spot on, everything locks together as it should and even though it looks like it flimsy and will get hot, it is not. Even pouring boiling water in it, still only raises the outside temperature to a hand warming degree, nothing more.
It is easy to clean and operate and I can certainly see me bringing this with when going camping over just about any other solution as you can get a nice cup of proper hot coffee with bringing an additional item to brew in and the lid & plunger locks down tight when not in use to allow movement.
Good job there Bodum.

4.0 out of 5 stars Bodum coffee travel set, 4 Feb. 2012
Marvellous , only a small gripe, I wish it was completely leak proof, however a brilliant item to use and keeps my drink lovely and hot :)

4.0 out of 5 stars Travel, proper coffee, mug., 27 Sept. 2013
I've been using this mug every day since I bought it. It isn't a high usage mug (as others have stated, if you use it tonnes, there could be issues), but it has served very well to carry my driving coffee each day. I discovered that if you pull the plunger back up a bit once you hit the bottom, the airlock breaks and you get the bottom inch of the drink.

If you intend to use this mug instead of a cafitiere, get the stainless steel one. Otherwise, this is awesome.

1.0 out of 5 stars good concept, shame it didnt last, 12 Oct. 2013
D. Dickinson "drd" (London, UK) - See all my reviews

1.0 out of 5 stars broken, 10 Mar. 2013
Unfortunately after having this for about 6 months, the plunger snapped when trying to pull it back out. Had to be thrown away. Interestingly I contacted Bodum who were really uninterested.

3.0 out of 5 stars A few niggling issues but overal not bad, 9 Dec. 2011
This cup does mostly do the job but I've had a couple of niggling issues with mine that I thought I'd share. I have been using a Costa travel mug previously that didn't suffer any of these issues but obviosly didn't have the coffee press option.

1. Firstly the plunger doesn't plunge right to the bottom of the cup s per a normal coffee press. This means that you get a large area of the bottom of the cup (1/4) that is wasted.
2. The lid on the cup overlaps the cup edge meaning that it is very easy to catch on things if you put it in a bag after use. Along with the issue above this means that the liquid that is caught in the bottom part of the cup can then leak out, which has happended to me on a number of occasions.
3. The lid on the cup also does not form a seal when closed meaning that when travelling liquid starts to seep out from under the lid

I noticed that one of the reviews said that this cup doesn't fit in their cars cup holder, well this does fit in mine (which is a BMW 3 series). However it is slightly wider and shorter then most other travel cups.

1.0 out of 5 stars FAILS as a coffee press and as a travel mug.... but may just work for herbal tea?, 10 Dec. 2014
###EDIT###

After owning for 2 months cracks have appeared as mentioned by other reviewers, further to the condensation; coffee now gets through these cracks in between the insulation layers and can't be cleaned properly. Only good for the bin now.

Would give 0 stars if possible. If not received as a gift I would be demanding a refund.

##########

I've never written a review before, but this product is so below par for Bodum that I really had to warn people!!!

Terrible design, faults as listed below:

1) The lid despite screwing on very tightly is somewhat undermined by flimsy flip lid seal which leaks if no upright. FORGET about using this on your commute and chucking it in your bag after.

2) the plunger fails on several counts;
a) It doesn't plunge down far enough... you would have to put in at least 20g of
coursely ground coffee to satisfy it.... far too much unless you're making 4 esppresso's to share out.
b) The seal around the filter is made of rubber and just not tight enough; the ground gets through. The manual even states you should stir the coffee.... which would make it fall to the bottom, removing the point of the plunger and seriously impeding the flavour.

Overall I'm extremely disappointed. It neither works as a travel mug or a convenient coffee press. I've warned a few people I work with who thought it looked like a lovely Christmas gift to buy alternatives.

One plus I would give it is it would probably work for making fresh herbal teas i.e. chucking endless numbers of berries and herbs in there to brew slowly before plunging.

3.0 out of 5 stars <33, 3 Jan. 2015
I had this mug for six months and have such mixed feelings about it.... The idea is great and i used it 2-3 times a week for a month but then the middle layer of plastic cracked and so coffee leaked between the two layers. I was so sad when it happened as during my time having the mug i completely stopped drinking instant coffee as this one is so simple to use! I do however have a few additional issues with this mug...

-The filter layer has wide gaps and left even coffees suitable for French presses with bits of coffee floating around that have made it through the filter when poured.
-The plastic did not keep coffee hot enough to be left for even 5 mins or so to brew.
-The whole lid was not watertight and so would leak (this did not effect me too much but would be an issue if you were carrying it/travelling with liquid in it).
-Clearly the plastic was not ultimately very durable, I witnessed mine cracking as I poured hot water into it and so the material does not seem to be heatproof.

With all of this in mind and considering how much I loved my little mug ( I cannot imagine life without him =[ ) i have repurchased the stainless steal version... It seems much more durable so hopefully it will last abit long and be worth the extra $$$

1.0 out of 5 stars poor materials - will not last, 5 Aug. 2012
Same experience as S. Daruwala above. After a couple of months I noticed some condensation in the "vacuum" cavity which made the cup less attractive but didn't impair its practical utility. But a few months later, I heard a crack as I was pouring in hot water and now there is a long vertical split in the inner wall of the cup which allows coffee to seep gradually out into the cavity. The steel option will be the better choice. But disappointed that a reputable manufacturer such as BODUM could come make such a basic mistake with their materials.