TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 2 December 2010
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I got this for our daughter as knowing how hard it is to pass your Driving Test, from the Theory to Hazzard Perception Test through to the actual practical is hard going. (I only passed mine a few years ago, so know what the hazzard perception test is like etc and just how difficult the test can be).

This set of software does make it easier, it covers all the relevant parts of the tests. Simple and easy to use and understand which is what is needed when trying to take so much information in.

So good as with a book you don't really get all of it to sink in, (yes there may be pictures to see the various diagrams etc, of reverse parking and the like, but with this to actually see it being done makes it so much easier. Plus you can not recreate the hazzard perception test in a book, unlike on a computer as in the test.

If only this had been around when I was having driving lessons, pretty sure I wouldn't have taken so long to pass. Plus you can go over various parts time and time again if not too sure.

Mock tests for both theory and hazzard test which really are great to try and do, even had a go myself to see if I still remember some things. There used to be some websites that did mock test on them a few years back but think they are now chargeable, this set is great though as so easy to use.

Our daughter asked for one of these sets as she wants to take her test soon, so choose this one as it has the whole of the driving test contained within it including a set of magnetic 'L' plates which will come in useful.

Really is a good idea and could make a great Christmas present for someone thinking of embarking on driving.
VINE VOICEon 28 April 2011
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
Now, more than ever, it's important to make sure that when you take your driving tests you're in a position to pass first time round. The price and quality of this pack makes it the perfect recommendation.

Theory

This pack is perfect for practicing your theory tests. You get similar Q&A conditions to the actual theory test you'll sit and really, when it comes to driving theory, practice does make perfect. Sit down and go through as many of the official questions and you'll find the Q&A section of the theory test a breeze.

Hazard awareness perception was what led me to fail my first driving theory test. Practice for it is, therefore, invaluable. Going through these videos and learning exactly how the system works (ie what sort of time windows they're expecting you to click in) is invaluable.

Practical

Let's be clear - this on its own will not, of course, lead you to passing your practical. Nothing helps more than as many driving lessons you need with either a qualified instructor or a trustworthy friend/family member. But this pack includes help even with that:

1) Getting you acquainted with what the examiner is looking for - your instructor will help you with specifics on this

2) Road signs - not knowing what a road sign means can be the difference between pass or fail in a practical test, particularly now they're expecting more in the way of independent manoeuvres

3) It throws in a set of magnetic L plates for you to practice at home

If you buy this and use it correctly, you will pass your theory exam. That will help it pay for itself. It also provides a strong aid for preparing for your practical exam. If you or a loved one are looking to take your theory and practical tests soon, then I can't recommend this enough.
VINE VOICEon 8 March 2011
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I am expecting my provisional license soon and like many new drivers I am nervous about learning to drive, especially with the costs involved you don't want to fail and have to re-sit tests. This DVD has made me feel more confident about this and has what has pushed me to take my lessons now, even when I can't offord to buy a car yet.
There is alot of information on these DVDs and I have only gone through a small portion as of yet. I will continue to use this information throughout my learning and am sure it will be a big help and is great to be able to sit the mock-tests, as it gives you an indicator of how well you are doing and allows you to practise without having to check the answers yourself.
The program however tells you information on your answers whilest you are practising, so if you get something wrong you know why and if you answer correctly without being sure of why it's correct that is clarified for you.
The hazzard test practise is obviously very useful as photographs an stills don't really get the point across like the videos do on this DVD.

You can also export some infomation for use of a mp3 player, but I haven't done this as I do not own one so can't comment on it. I turn the sound off when using this DVD for theory test however as I find it annoying, but I don't know if it's the same voice. I also haven't viewed the seperate DVD that contains road sign information. I am grateful for the L plates though and is another element that makes this set a bargain.

The small matters that let this set down and why I only gave it four stars comes down to two points. The first is that you must always keep the DVD in your drive at all times whilest using it. I decided to install and used this product for awhile without realising this on my laptop (compared to my desktop) and now have to carry the disc with me everywhere as I installed on my laptop so that I could practise on the go and between work. It's a mild annoyance that I feel isn't needed.
Also I feel that the layout of the menu's is not the most user friendly either. I use computers quite alot so to me I figure it out quite easy, but I know that my parents would have difficultly navigating the menus and finding the information they wanted.
I really think that everything could have been displayed better and that is why it looses one star, although still a excellant product and very good value for money.

One final point I should mention is that you can set up several users, so that more then one person can use it without messing up the other person score. These can be password protected too, but be aware that there is no password retrieval system.
on 29 August 2011
The Driving Theory Test is divided into two parts, a Multiple Choice part and a Hazard Perception part. I feel that whilst this product is great for learning and practicing for the multiple choice part of the Driving Theory test, it does leave you unprepared for the Hazard Perception test.

With this software you've got no excuse for failing the multiple choice part of the test because you can see every question that can be asked of you. All you have to do is to practice with the software, which also gives you some helpful hints for remembering certain answers.

However, I would warn against using this software for practicing the Hazard Perception part of the Driving Theory Test. This is because the clips used in this software are quite different from the video clips you are asked to analyze at the test centers. I also believe the 'Scoring Windows' (when you should click the mouse to indicate you have spotted a Hazard) are quite different from the real thing and this can get you into bad habits, such as clicking too soon, too late, or too many times leading to you failing the real thing despite being great on the software.
VINE VOICEon 1 February 2011
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
This is a good pack that comes with all the tools you need to help you pass your theory test. It also has parts to help you with your practical as well. I think it is good value for money and I would recommend it to someone who is starting their driving lessons as it covers all the basics.

I have not taken my test yet but I feel more confident about taking it now because this pack gives you all the tools you need.
VINE VOICEon 26 November 2010
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
the new 2011 edition covers all areas of the test - theory, perception, practical and road signs!!

much better than learning from a book...fully interactive with everything you need to pass first time!!!

a great buy!!!
on 11 December 2011
One of the good ones in the market (after trying a couple before)
- Comprehensive set of MCQ questions for the theory test
- Very clear video quality for the hazard perception
Overall pleased with it.
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
Installation is quick, and launches you straight into intro video (assuming you don't skip it) when you firs run it.

The highway code and theory tests are very good and excellent way to get your confidence up for the real event

There are a lot of sections for instructions and tests. Also has a multiple user interface so you can have different people learning and will keep your stats separate. For example it's useful in classrooms or at home when more than one person in family is a learner driver.

The design of the various screens, especially the menu, could be more up to date and a little less like lists, but other than that you do get a pretty comprehensive computer based teaching learning and practice package.

Highly recommended
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 17 February 2011
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
Like others have said, this covers the theory, practical and hazard perception tests all on one DVD. There is also a separate DVD on road signs, along with two magentic L plates.

This is exactly the same format as the 2010 version, but has been updated for the new tests. There is also a video of a full mock test, which is invaluable, as it shows you what it's all about if you have never had a test before.

I intend to learn sometime this year and this has been a great help already. It even has the up to date Highway Code on it which can be printed out.
on 11 December 2010
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
if you are starting driving lessons you will need this program.
it is very useful for someone who wants to pass their test first time.
you can watch example driving tests in full screen video as many times as you like.
this will help you understand how to avoid potential hazards.
the voiceovers would help people who have reading problems.
this program includes everything that a learner needs, it is a must have for novice drivers.
although it will need updating in september 2011!
Driving Test Success All Tests 2011 Edition (PC)