4.0 out of 5 stars House bodging at its best!
Published on 7 May 2011 by Tin Tactoo

2.0 out of 5 stars Just Not Funny....
Published 5 months ago by Antony Howell

4.0 out of 5 stars House bodging at its best!, 7 May 2011
Tin Tactoo "Tin Tactoo" (England) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Cowboys - The Complete First Series [DVD] (DVD)
I saw this when it was first shown on ITV and I laughed then and oddly(!), over twenty odd years later, I still did!. To be fair, some episodes are a bit 'clunky', script-wise, but overall, a damn good laugh and seeing Colin Welland before he won the Olympics(!), is quite awesome in many respects but with a good cast including the late Roy Kinnear, it bears up quite well in today's world and if this was still running, I would assume they would have been 'featured' on BBC TV's "Watchdog" for shoddy workmanship!. But for the money and it includes all the episodes, its not bad value and compared to some of the stuff today being pumped out on the box, it's entertaining.

5.0 out of 5 stars cowboys first series, 30 Jan 2011
This review is from: Cowboys - The Complete First Series [DVD] (DVD)
Being waiting for this series to come out.We never stopped laughing when it was on TV in the 80s.It was so well acted and you wonder why it did not run for longer on the TV.But just so pleases that it is out on DVD once again best price is on amazons web site.

5.0 out of 5 stars A classic, 27 July 2011
Darren Hayward (Bristol, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Cowboys - The Complete First Series [DVD] (DVD)
OK the jokes are obvious and past their sell-by date but its still funny. I've watched it through several times and it still makes me laugh.

Darren

4.0 out of 5 stars Its Funny, 6 Feb 2011
Mr. Brian S. Adsett (West Sussex) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Cowboys - The Complete First Series [DVD] (DVD)
Very enjoyable, good cast & slapstick comedy at its best. Not everyones up of tea but it is mine. Lets hope the second series follows soon.

5.0 out of 5 stars quality, 21 Jun 2011
This review is from: Cowboys - The Complete First Series [DVD] (DVD)
I FIRST WATCHED THIS COMEDY BACK IN 1980 WHEN IT WAS FIRST TRANSMITTED AND LOVED IT THEN AND I MUST SAY I HAVE JUST PURCHASED IT NOW AND I LOVE IT EVEN MORE,SO GREAT TO SEE THE LATE GREAT ROY KINNEAR ALONG SIDE IS LONG SUFFERING PLUMBER MATE COLIN WELLAND,DAVID KELLY BRING LAUGHS IN WHATEVER HE AS DONE AND JAMES WARDROPER "KNOCKOUT" THESE ARE THE 4 BUILDERS YOU WOULD NOT HIRE EVEN WHEN DESPERATE,CLASSIC BRITISH COMEDY,OK IT DOES SEEM ABIT DATED IN SOME PARTS BUT I LOVE IT,"COWBOYS HEE-ARR.GREAT TO SEE AT LAST AFTER YEARS OF WAITING I HOPE SERIES 2 WONT BE LONG COMING OUT,

2.0 out of 5 stars Just Not Funny...., 23 Mar 2014
This review is from: Cowboys - The Complete First Series [DVD] (DVD)
I bought this as I love retro comedy shows and have pretty much bought everything in existence so am looking a little further. I though with Roy Kinnear and David Kelly present that this may be worth watching but for me it just wasn't. The script writing and sets are just woeful and I honestly didn't laugh at a single line. Just my opinion I know, but this will certainly never be regarded as a classic or forgotten Gem and suffice to say I shall not be buying the next series.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 8 July 2013
This review is from: Cowboys - The Complete First Series [DVD] (DVD)
My husband bought this and I wasn't at all sure it would be any good but, it was excellent with the kind of quick witty quips you don't hear in today's comedy. None of that silly canned laughter either and no smut just good old fashioned laugh out loud stuff.

3.0 out of 5 stars A miss, 21 Aug 2011
This review is from: Cowboys - The Complete First Series [DVD] (DVD)
Hmmm no wonder I couldn't remember this series, looking at the cast I thought I was in for a hidden gem, I found it clunky ,weak and with poor scripting. A real let down best put back in the vaults !

4.0 out of 5 stars Rather dated but amusing., 24 July 2012
This review is from: Cowboys - The Complete First Series [DVD] (DVD)
This seemed quite slow but still worth watching. Difficult to find any British comedy on the box now.
Expensive for six episodes. Will propably avoid series 2.
Fast delivery and played without any problems.

Cowboys - The Complete First Series [DVD]
Cowboys - The Complete First Series [DVD] by Colin Welland (DVD - 2011)
8.07