on 22 June 2011
"Remote Friendly Beam Thru" glass doors doesn't acutally work with our Sky box and DVD player. It sometimes works, but causes chaos as we sit there pressing the buttons several times hoping it will recognise it, and you end up in the wrong place in Sky. After sending new doors, it still doesn't work.

Seller won't provide a refund as we disposed of the original packaging as it sat in our house for weeks whilst we tried contacting the seller who never returned our calls.

Silver detail is soft and after a few knocks, looks tacky.

We're now stuck with an expensive TV stand that doesn't work!
on 10 October 2010
I am very happy with this unit - it looks stylish and is the perfect compliment to my new TV and also to my living room. The unit is very practical as well as looking good. The swivelling base allows you to get your TV into the perfect position and the remote-friendly glass doors are a Godsend. As I have a touch of the OCD, I love the fact that it conceals my DVD player and Sky box - the TV corner no longer gives me the heebie-jeebies!

In all honesty, once assembled, the unit deserves a 5* review - the only reason I've knocked a star off it is because it took a good couple of hours to assemble. In fairness, the instructions were clear to follow and all the bits and pieces were where they should be, but it was just time-consuming and fiddly in places.

No complaints though - this is every bit as good as I'd hoped and I'm glad I chose it.
on 10 December 2010
For the price the quality of the product is not the best. The silver detail looks quite tacky on close inspection. Also, quite difficult to put together!
on 29 January 2016
Found this cabinet having searched the Internet for a TVs stand that is able to pivot on access without constantly moving the tv on a stationary cabinet. This fits perfectly by a flat wall or in a corner position. The design is modern and contemporary. It looks very stylish as well as able to move the TV for any viewing position. It hides the DVD player, sky box and the Xbox plus the multi plug for all devices in the cabinet. No more spaghetti junction at the back by the wall plug.
I read all the reviews and would like to give my view on the negative comments that I saw.
- the instructions are very good. You need to follow them word for word. Very easy.
- for the person that has a small gap in the metal strip at top of cabinet. You have the top of cabinet the wrong way round.
- for the person who can get their infra red to work. Move the sky box to top shelf and/or replace remote or batteries. It works.
- I have installed the doors with no gaps and they work perfectly. Suggestion for correct installation. Just place door hinges for both doors in place with screws lightly tightened. Then align 1st glass door so equal gap at bottom and top with open end in centre. Tighten one of the screws at top and bottom. Do the same for 2nd glass door. Close both doors and see how much they are out. Then apply slight adjustments to each door and check by closing them. It takes a little while but you get a perfect fit.
This product is worth a 5 star rating and looks the business. My only comment is it could be worth having a slightly higher cabinet as it is only 40cm from floor to top of cabinet.
on 2 November 2012
I'm very pleased with this product overall. It looks good in place and is a substantial piece of furniture.

Pros:
Looks as good as in the picture
Solid construction
Storage area is tall enough to store my video game guides in.

Cons:
The curved areas at either end are not accessible, therefore there is quite a lot of wasted space.
The swivel mechanism had almost no resistance, so even opening and closing the doors can cause the unit to swivel on its base.
It is possible to see through the doors to the floor behind the unit through the cable cutouts in the back. In my case I have a very light coloured floor so this is irritating and does detract from the sleek black look.
I have an older PS3 and left it running for about a day in the unit with the doors closed charging the handset. It got quite hot, suggesting that the ventilation might be a bit limited.

I bought a unit advertised as used in excellent condition and it appeared to come in the original wrappings and not to have been previously assembled, but when we put it together the metal trim had a significant dent in it. Luckily it was on the back of the unit, and as it had taken us over a week to get around to unpacking it, I didn't feel justified in returning it but I recommend you check yours carefully on arrival.
on 8 May 2011
looks good, easy to put together, matches all the gloss black, spins to any position only thing I can see is the join on the silver trim around top edge 2 mil gap can see it from the back of the room.good for big 46"tv
on 25 February 2016
After trawling through what seemed like endless options for our new 48" Samsung 9000 curved tv we came across this unit. We were hesitant due to the cost and a few of the reviews but we can honestly say that we are thrilled with it.
Arriving flat packed we had no problems putting it together. Simple to understand (step up from an ikea flat pack).
The fact that it swivels is great for all aspects of viewing. It really show cases the tv.
100% recommend.
review image
on 31 August 2015
Good points

The style and quality are excellent. The robust construction is a very high standard for flat pack furniture having solid steel sides and pressed metal back. Normally the materials would be cheap and cheerful. The instructions were easy to follow and glass doors easy to adjust.

Bad Points'

I honestly can't think of one.
on 15 November 2011
Spent ages looking for a TV stand then thought i'd try Amazon.
As soon as i came across this one i looked no further, love it's sleek tidy look, it has really complimented my TV and frontroom.
Very easy to assemble with every piece clearly marked.
Delivered in time stated.
very pleased i purchased this item.
on 16 November 2011
I received the stand a couple of days ago and assembled it with no problems except one cam pin was mis-shaped and wouldn't fit. These things happen but I have phoned the manufacturers and emailed lots of times and have yet to get a response!

Another note, the stand could do with being a little higher, I wanted to place my Xbox Elite in the stand vertically and it only just fits with a slight scrape. Which would be fine except I need to remove the hard drive on top quite often and find it impractical with this stand.