Really happy with this purchase, it does exactly what it says in the description with fantastic quality, the sync is perfect between the two TV's, the audio is really clear like it should and the picture is fantastic!

Setting the device couldn't be any more simpler, make sure you have three HDMI cables (one for the device & two for the TV's); connect your device to the 'HDMI IN' port, then connect your TV's HDMI cables to 'HDMI OUT', ones goes in '1' & the other in '2', finally connect the power cable then plug it in and your done, turn on the device & TV's and let the little box do it's job! It took me less than a minute to set-up.

I have also uploaded a short video to show you briefly what the splitter looks like when it's set-up and of course the results of the TV's (16"LED HDTV & 40"LED FULL HDTV).

Overall I couldn't be happier, so top marks from me!
55 comments82 of 84 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 27 November 2011
This Cablesson 1x4 hdmi splitter is being used for a client setup. We have used 4 new Samsung LE40C750 40-inch Widescreen Full HD 1080p 200Hz Motion Plus Allshare 3D Ready Internet LCD TV with Freeview HD. The client wanted to show his presentation on four screens. We used a mix of hdmi cables and hdmi extenders for this project and i can confirm we have tested 3d.
11 comment19 of 19 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 23 June 2013
I put XBMC on a small PC that would act as a media to go on my 42" Plasma TV, and the only two issues I had was:

1. My TV does not decode DTS or Dolby
2. My A/V amp does not accept audio from HDMI (video passthrough only) and to get audio in to the A/V amp, I would need to somehow make the audio 'Optical' which my amp does support..

so I got this HDMI / Optical splitter hooked up to the back of the PC and told XBMC to enable DTS, Dolby and full 1080p, sent the optical audio in the back of the A/V amp, sent the picture to the TV by HDMI and one week in... not one audio dropout or loss of quality.

So far so good
on 6 October 2011
Used the hdmi splitter with a hdmi switch allowing me to connect my ps3, pc and sky hd to our television in the living room and the bedroom. The product worked flawlessly without any setup, the picture is crystal clear.
on 17 March 2013
If you are wanting to take one HDMI and take it to two displays then you need something like this. DO NOT buy cheaper passive devices (ones that don't need plugging in). HDMI can't just be split like other cables and so any device that claims to split a HDMI signal MUST have its own power supply. (I learnt this the hard way).

This product has a quality feel to it. It has a solid metal casing and has a good weight to it. I'm sure there will be some reduction in signal quality but I can't notice it. As always, you want to use good HDMI cables too!

I use this to send one signal to a 50" plasma and the other to a 90" projection. I haven't tried sending full HD 3D through it but I have successfully sent sky 3D.

The device itself is quite small and I have managed to hide it behind my AV receiver. It is a little awkward to manoeuvre though as even though its small you end up having 4 cables coming out of it. (3 HDMI plus power).

I would definitely recommend this product as you won't get a quality alternative any cheaper.
on 16 July 2013
I bought this to split hdmi output from my hdmi switch into a TV and a HDMI capture card. Compared to the previous splitter I bought (which cost me around £10) this one is perfect, no quality loss that I can see and in a solid little case.

One thing that could annoy some people (not myself) is the brightness of the blue LEDs on the box, they're pretty bright in a dark room, so if that's an issue be aware, although a bit of blutack or duct tape would fix that in a jiffy.
on 13 February 2011
This box is brilliant, it splits one source to two outputs and works great with a PS3 or a Sky Box even with a 10m HDMI cable. I would recommend this to anyone, it works.
0Comment36 of 37 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 11 February 2011
This unit replaced a cheaper and unstable active splitter which could not mannage to maintain a reliable picture over a 15m cable. This unit does the job without any problems.
0Comment35 of 36 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 3 March 2013
Great product which delivers HD quality around the home to my displays. No sign of picture degredation (over 10m run in one case) and full 1080p signal passed too.
Only issue is not being able to split the Audio Return Channel (ARC) signal from two such equipped displays but perhaps that was me expectecing too much from an item in this price range???
on 16 May 2013
Bought this to connect to an Optoma 230x projector connected to a device that could only output surround sound on the HDMI cable. The projector has no speakers or audio pass through to external amp. This device worked perfectly. It appears to negotiate 5.1 (or stereo if you press the switch) through to the connecting device on its own. This is a good feature because if your device doesn't report that it supports anything other than 2 channel audio then you would only get stereo otherwise! It can then output the audio over optical toslink or coaxial spdif.

Nice little box - well made. Does the job perfectly.