5.0 out of 5 stars Great storage
Published on 20 May 2011 by Sybil

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing
I wonder if there is a product on the market that does what it says on the pack.

I have followed the instructions on the pack and whilst it appears to work well. Within a very short amount of time of removing the air using my vacuum the bag was soon re-inflated.

Published on 27 Jan 2012 by deborahw

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Great storage, 20 May 2011
This review is from: H & L Russel Ltd - Vacuum Storage Bags, Set Of 2 Medium, 90 X 55cm (Kitchen & Home)
I have to say I was very dubious about whether these bags would work, but keen to try them - they're fantastic! I was very careful to ensure both seals were completely done up before hoovering(I didn't use the clip thing supplied as this didn't seem to help). I was also a bit worried at how thin the plastic seemed when loading the bags, but was then really relieved when everything started to shrink down just like it showed on the picture. The bags have been sitting in a corner of the bedroom whilst the airing cupboard is out of action for well over a month and they look exactly the same as when they were first packed; so I definately recommend them.

4.0 out of 5 stars A bit flimsy but seems to work, 26 Nov 2012
AmyC (London, UK) - See all my reviews
I bought a pack of two small ones, thinking I could get duvets and pillows in. The description said it could fit "pillows and duvets", which I took to mean both, but in fact it could only fit either a duvet or a pair of pillows. (I subsequently bought the big size ones for this purpose and managed to easily get a 9-tog kingsize duvet and 2 pillows - and possibly could have fit 2 more pillows.) These small ones are OK for clothes and stuff. Of the two I bought, one has lost its seal, (I suspect a mouse may have nibbled it as it was on the floor, so I won't blame that on the manufacturer!), but the other one has stayed completely in tact.

One comment - there is a tag on the seal that gives the impression you should be able to just whizz the tag across the top to seal the bag. In fact, this tag does very little, and you really need to squeeze carefully between your finger and thumb along the length of the seal to ensure that it is properly sealed!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Product, 3 Jan 2012
Using these to store caravan bedding. So far so good. Only small criticism is that it's a bit fiddly when sealing (hence 4*), however, doing exactly what I want them to do.

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 27 Jan 2012

The supplier states you can't return unless faulty, does not work count as faulty I wonder!

5.0 out of 5 stars Squash that bulk, 2 Oct 2011
I ordered two vacuum bags and they are fabulous. i've used them before and they are just such a handy item to have for those bulky items that you need to store - definitely recommendable. H & L Russel Ltd - Vacuum Storage Bags, Set Of 2 Medium, 90 X 55cm

1.0 out of 5 stars Why does anyone risk buying into this idea?, 17 May 2014
I gave these bags a chance but with no better success than others who had been disappointed. I followed the instruction meticulously but they still let me down. They are simply very expensive plastic bags. Mrs Dunn

4.0 out of 5 stars household textile storing, 18 April 2014
bags did exactly as expected and never having used this type of product before I was therefore pleased to give a 4 star rating. cannot give 5 stars as they have not been in use for any length of time.

5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT, 10 Mar 2014
This is very good product. Very strong, easy to use. It can contain a lot of clothes. Really worth buying.

1.0 out of 5 stars Quite useless for saving space, 25 Feb 2014
They break INSTANTLY. Okay bags for storage, but absolutely pointless if the reason you bought them for is to save space in wardrobes. Both bags had a hole in them within two days of purchase.

1.0 out of 5 stars rubbish, 21 Feb 2014
Wish I'd not wasted my money on these. With a lot of effort you can get them to seal but then within hours they go down again. Don't waste your money on them

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›