5.0 out of 5 stars It works
This cable works fine with my 2nd generation i pod touch. It's good quality - you probably would assume it was a genuine Apple componant if you didnt know different.

Published on 25 Nov 2011 by Mr. Jonathan F. Fryer

3.0 out of 5 stars Only plays sound...
Can play music and background sound but doesn't show anything on the tv screen from the ipad,so I'm unable to watch videos, anyone have any suggestions?
Published 7 months ago by Zoe Collins

5.0 out of 5 stars It works, 25 Nov 2011
This review is from: AV USB Video Cable For Apple iPad iPod Touch iPhone 3GS 3g 4 4g

The only but is make sure you have the right inputs on your TV - I had to buy a scart adaptor to connect it. That's not a problem as it only cost another 2.95 but its irritating. So, for the 'record'(!) make sure your TV has Composite Video input (thats the one with a yellow, red and white phono input) - if you have red green and blue its Componant video which is different - it still got a signal of sorts but no sound.

So now I can rent video's on line and play them on a larger screen and watch You Tube and view my 48000 or so digi pics that my file manager tells me I've accumulated over the years!!

Happy viewing

5.0 out of 5 stars A great piece of kit., 19 Aug 2011
Colin Daye (Ayrshire, Scotland) - See all my reviews
I bought this to view videos from my ipod on the tv but was a bit apprehensive because reviews of similar products suggested that they did not work due to blocks put in place by Apple. However, as it wasn't expensive & I didn't want to throw 30 in Apple's direction I went ahead. Got the cable today and it does what it says on the tin. It works great with my ipod touch and I can now watch my itunes videos on the w/s tv. Cool. There is a loss of picture quality with some videos but this is caused by the quality of the source material, ie, don't expect some lifts from YouTube to be of HD quality, but if you sourced your video from itunes store or similar, you should be ok. The quality of the picture, in other words, is not a reflection on the quality of the cable, but rather of the quality of the source file and the size of your tv screen.

4.0 out of 5 stars A useful iPad accessory, 27 Jan 2012
I bought this cable just before going on holiday so we could watch films I'd downloaded on to my iPad on the TV in our self catering unit in Spain. I'm a bit of a technophobe but I needn't have worried. It was immediately obvious where the 3 phono plugs needed to be connected to the TV and all I had to do was to connect the other end to my iPad, find the films and then tune into the video channel on the TV and - bingo it worked first time and we enjoyed a couple of cosy evenings in our apartment watching the films!

5.0 out of 5 stars iPad to TV Connector, 21 Oct 2011
It works, connecting my iPad (One) to both an old Sony CRT,and new Samsung Flat Screen.
SO very pleased with it as it allows photo slide shows, music and videos on my iPad to be revewed on the big screen.
Unfortunately I actually bought it for watching UK TV (BBC iPlayer,ITV ,C5) in my tmeshare in Orlando,but found out when I got there that due to licensing issues,you can't watch UK TV abroad :-(

5.0 out of 5 stars Super product, 13 April 2013
This allows us to watch our Love Film pictures downloaded on our ipad direct onto our TV screen. Easy to use and a fraction of the cost of the official Apple product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Spot on - much cheaper than Apple product., 26 Oct 2012
Sadly 4OD and iPlayer don't support AV Out. But otherwise this lead works fine. Netflix streams onto TV really well.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good for the price, 2 Dec 2013
Very good price for the exact same cable sold by Apple, but 4 times cheaper!

Works really well on my iPad 3rd Generation on supported apps (Netflix, Youtube, etc...), though it doesn't mirror the iPad's screen.

When plugged in the iPad, the cable is a bit flimsy, hence only 4 stars, but this is rather due to the design of the 30-pin connector rather than to the cable itself.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bang on, 26 Feb 2013
High quality and met all expectations fast delivery also excellent thankyou very much. The quality of the equipment is for all to see in the image it relays!

3.0 out of 5 stars Only plays sound..., 24 Dec 2013

3.0 out of 5 stars Product review, 25 Jun 2013
Gave it a. 3* becouse it looks well made.
Be careful as this did not work on my iPad 3 so a waste of money. Not saying it would not work for anybody else.
Don't be put off with my review this might work on the iPad 1 or iPad 2. But would not work on my iPad 3.