5.0 out of 5 stars A magical evening
I've always wanted to see the Riverdance live, I've realized that it's not going to happen, so on the strength of the reviews, purchased this one. Then last night, I forced the entire family (including 5 unwilling teenagers) onto the couch after dinner to watch it. What a performance! It was just fantastic, I really felt like I was there and even the most skeptical...
Published on 1 Dec 2010 by French girl

2.0 out of 5 stars Poor transfer spoils it
I am so disappointed by this DVD. This has missed an opportunity to be an out of this world blu-ray experience. I was hoping I would be left breathless by the sharp picture quality and clear audio. Instead I was left deflated by screen judder on panning shots and very ordinary audio. It is so bad, I think it actually detracts from the brilliance of the show itself. I...
Published on 30 Nov 2010 by Toric

4.0 out of 5 stars Riverdance -- Live from Beijing [DVD] John McColgan, 18 Nov 2013
i chose this rating because i thought it was better than just ok,the cameras shot the scenes with a new technology that enhanced the viewing,the new leading principal dancers made it more fun to watch,and they also filmed the audience reactions .

5.0 out of 5 stars Irish Dance At Its Very Best., 11 Sep 2013
This review is from: Riverdance -- Live from Beijing [2010] [Blu-ray] [Region Free] (Blu-ray)
Wonderful to see this fabulous dance spectacle reach the parts that other dance productions can't - China - wher the usually reserved Chinese are mad for Irish Culture. Great central and group performances and the music is spellbinding.

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty pleased with Riverdance- Live from Beijing, 18 July 2013
Amazing show, absolutely fantastic dancers. Only criticism is that the sound and visual quality of this dvd were slightly poor.

5.0 out of 5 stars Riverdance, 1 Jun 2013
It's what I expected - and more! Just right for the moments when one is jaded and looking forward to finger and toe tapping music and dance ...

5.0 out of 5 stars since I saw it the firts time it just grab my feets, 13 May 2013
Since I saw it the first time I just cannot sit still wenn a I seee and hear this Music and see the feet tapping, even thov I am no dancer but I just cannot sit still!

5.0 out of 5 stars NINETY MINUTES OF SHEER BRILLIANCE, 24 Jan 2013
i ACTUALY BOUGHT THIS CD FOR MY WIFE BUT i SEEMED TO
HAVE WATCHED TIME AND TIME AGAIN wELL WORTH THE MONEY
EXCELENT !

3.0 out of 5 stars Accomplished, but dull lighting and plastic smiles., 16 Oct 2012
R. C. Harris "Eden House" (New Zealand) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
Firstly, this was a technically superb and accomplished performance. Very slick.

However, something was amiss with the lighting as it was dark, poorly lit. Maybe it was to supposed to exhude mystery? But it just came out drab - black costumes against a dark setting. Or, was the recording at fault?

Also, the show seemed somehow to lack spontaneity, rather as though the cast was tired. That little spark of delight in what they were doing appeared absent, as though they were simply going through the motions. Plastic smiles and dancing by numbers.

But I couldn't fault the choreography and skills, brilliant.

PS: After posting the above review we watched the extras and discovered that the troupe had been worked ragged all day before the actual performance!!! No wonder they all looked strained! What was the director thinking of? You can't get the best out of people when they are exhausted, no matter how much they try.

5.0 out of 5 stars Versatile, 3 Feb 2012
B. Fry "Irishile" (uk) - See all my reviews
Riverdance has been going for ages and part of its success has been its versatility.

This version from Bejing included more clips of the audience than usual and the looks on their faces showed that music and dance trancends all cultures.
(I particularly liked the shot of a tiny Chinese girl dancing in the aisle trying to copy the Irish dancing).

Also incorporating three chinese musicians and their unique instruments into the show was a brilliant idea.

Sadly, the size of the stage was on the small side, so there were a few less troupers than usual and how some of the dancers did not fall off the stage was beyond me.

I loved it,and so will you!

5.0 out of 5 stars What's not to like!, 18 Jan 2012
C. S. Winter "Clifford" (Norfolk) - See all my reviews
Delivery was excellent. How can one pick faults with a performance like this? Timeless indeed. If you have had a bad day just run this DVD and marvel at such dexterity and flair, and question the dedication needed to undertake such skill.

4.0 out of 5 stars Cheaper elsewhere, 22 Nov 2011
Mr. Robert I. Welsh (England) - See all my reviews
It did not arrive in time for my immediate requirements (my fault entirely) so I bought another one in a store on the way to my holiday and the store DVD was cheaper that Amazon's to my amazement. I usually just rely on Amazon for speed and value but once bitten twice shy. The DVD is spot on for my requirements and the 2 I now purchased have both been well received by the friends I bought them for, although 1 friend obviously benifitted from my dilemma

Ian