5.0 out of 5 stars A magical evening

2.0 out of 5 stars Poor transfer spoils it
Published on 30 Nov 2010 by Toric

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars A magical evening, 1 Dec 2010
I've always wanted to see the Riverdance live, I've realized that it's not going to happen, so on the strength of the reviews, purchased this one. Then last night, I forced the entire family (including 5 unwilling teenagers) onto the couch after dinner to watch it. What a performance! It was just fantastic, I really felt like I was there and even the most skeptical viewers were converted. What a great performance, and it was fun to see the reaction of the Chinese audience. I cannot recommend this DVD highly enough. It's the next best thing to being there!

2.0 out of 5 stars Poor transfer spoils it, 30 Nov 2010
This review is from: Riverdance -- Live from Beijing [2010] [Blu-ray] [Region Free] (Blu-ray)
I am so disappointed by this DVD. This has missed an opportunity to be an out of this world blu-ray experience. I was hoping I would be left breathless by the sharp picture quality and clear audio. Instead I was left deflated by screen judder on panning shots and very ordinary audio. It is so bad, I think it actually detracts from the brilliance of the show itself. I have only watched it once and am not terribly compelled to view again.
I should be gushing superlatives about what a fantastic show Riverdance is but instead all I can say is don't bother with the blu-ray version.

2.0 out of 5 stars Really great music... but DVD quality, not Blu-Ray !, 6 Nov 2010
I bought this title expecting a true Blu-Ray disc (true 1080p with multichannel PCM audio, or DTS-HDMA, or Dolby Digital TrueHD) but I was very disappointed to discover the overall quality is no higher than a common DVD.
Video quality is definitely poor (very far from HD video) and the audio has only traditional Dolby Digital 2.0 / 5.1 and DTS 5.1 streams. So I wonder why it wasn't released as a simple DVD...
However, what really matters is the excellent show and the high performance of all the artists involved: this disc is a great gift for all lovers of celtic dances and music !

2.0 out of 5 stars Good show, bad disc, 3 Nov 2010
Primoz Hrvacki "primus_slo" (Slovenia) - See all my reviews
Nice show with ok sound quality. Picture quality is disappointed - its more SD (DVD) quality.

5.0 out of 5 stars riverdance live in beijing, 10 May 2012
I got this for my granddaughters birthday 8 years.
She loves to dance and this has been a great hit. Will be buying for my other grandaughters birthday 7 years.

3.0 out of 5 stars Riverdance, 7 May 2012
A. J. Montgomery (Dundee, Scotland) - See all my reviews
There is absolutely no doubt in my mind that Michael Flatly in his prime could not be equalled. When I bought this I was looking for a DVD with the complete show rather than a compilation of "the best of" which tends to lack continuity. I had not realised that Michael was not in this performance, neither did it seem to have such a large corpse de ballet as in the original productions. This is not to deny the real skill and energy of these particular performers. However I had been spoilt by having already seen parts of the original shows and so was left feeling disappointed as they could never really equal Michael and his team. If you have never seen Michael and his early supporting cast, then I am sure you will really enjoy this and be astounded by these artists.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful tapdancing wows the Chinese, 25 Dec 2010
Philoctetes (England) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
Just saw this on telly - my first full Riverdance and much of it just blew me away. I'm not a great one for musicals so some of the voiceover and storytelling struck me as a bit cheesey, but then so is much you'll find in any Fred & Ginger movie.

The music and moves are the thing. INSPIRED! GENIUS! AGAIN AGAIN!

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 15 July 2014
great but i knew what to expect

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 15 July 2014
The 4th Version of Riverdance I have bought, very good

5.0 out of 5 stars Riverdance, 30 May 2014
Had already viewed this on TV so knew what I was
getting when I ordered the DVD. If you like this kind
of dancing I am sure you will enjoy the DVD.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›